Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-04-2011, 11:01 PM   #3011 
JKfish

Thanks for all the tips you all~ :D

I'm just going to try eating a lot of healthy foods a lot more frequently, so I'll have something like a good snack between each meal, and maybe a 1/4 of a protien drink every few days as well.

Antirant: camping in Panama City from tuesday to thursday, then a hotel in Destin with friends from mid-thursday to saturday~
Rant: I wish my dad would be more flexible and make less of an effort to oppose everything my mom says :P
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:08 AM   #3012 
TheKzv

AHHHHH! I'm starting to think that i can't handle a 10 gal tank.
The 1st fish died in 1 week and now the 2nd fish is sick after 1 day in it.
maybe I should've started out in a smaller tank
TheKzv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:10 AM   #3013 
Arashi Takamine

Now I'm worried Akira might have raised scales...This fish can not give me a break! I'm really really worried about him. I went to check on him and watched him for a few minutes...Is it normal for an owner to be able to spot the scales on their betta's belly so easily?
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:54 AM   #3014 
BlueHaven

~^w^~

I am SUPER happy right now!
I hope everyone is having a great day like I am!
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:17 PM   #3015 
Sweeda88

I've had a long day, and it's only 2:14 pm here. Unless my pain goes away, which intensified due to a massive grocery shopping trip, I have to put off my water changes again, and they're already a couple of days late! I'm so sick of this. Sometimes I feel sorry for my fish. I feel like such a terrible owner. =/ My only consolation is that I know they are a hardy species, and I do the best I possibly can. I also had a sleep study done last night at the hospital, and they woke me up at 6 am. So it's 2:16 pm here now, and my day has felt so long. Ugh. I'm tired, I'm achy, I still have paste in my hair even though I washed it (it's from the electrodes they stuck on my head), and I just want to collapse.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:26 PM   #3016 
dramaqueen
Banned

My mom had one of those and all those electrodes made her look like an alien. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. You're doing the best you can and that's what counts.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:29 PM   #3017 
TheCrysCat

My dad had two of those done, I think. He at least got a spiffy bath robe out of it :P Anyway, he's on one of those machines that keeps him from snoring when he sleeps. I hope everything comes out all right for you :)
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:29 PM   #3018 
Betta Slave

I'm sorry you're not feeling well, Sweeda... I hate having electrodes on my head :S

Anti-rant- This was roughly four hours ago, but Dallas blew his first bubblenest! :D I'm glad he's feeling alright in his .75 hospital/quarantine tank. :D And I think he might not have gill parasites after all- he just had/has a few gill problems that are gradually getting better. He's such a sweet boy, despite his constant flaring at me XD
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:32 PM   #3019 
Sweeda88

Thanks, guys. They said I don't have sleep apnea, but HOW are they supposed to tell when I can barely sleep with all those wires on me, and not being able to switch to my sides? I had to stay on my back all night, and i barely slept. I was never in a deep enough sleep to HAVE apneas. I KNOW I have them when I sleep on my back at home, but those studies are so inaccurate!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:31 PM   #3020 
dramaqueen
Banned

My mom couldn't sleep, either. It's hard to sleep when you have all that crap connected to your body. They were able to get enough info from what sleep she did get. She has a c pap machine, which she never uses. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou