Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-17-2011, 12:31 AM   #3181 
TheCrysCat

^+1 And no one really cares; people will correct you, but they're just trying to be helpful. No one will hold it against you. What irritates me is when they argue back and act like you've just insinuated that they're a horrible person. I'm sorry, but I'm tired of kissing peoples' butts in order to keep them from getting upset. If you can't handle someone correcting you in a polite way, you shouldn't be on the internet.
@ dramaqueen: yeah, I've always been a shy kid, so I never really got in with people to learn a lot of social things, so I used to have a really hard time. I've gotten a lot better, though.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:50 AM   #3182 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrysCat View Post
^+1 And no one really cares; people will correct you, but they're just trying to be helpful. No one will hold it against you. What irritates me is when they argue back and act like you've just insinuated that they're a horrible person. I'm sorry, but I'm tired of kissing peoples' butts in order to keep them from getting upset. If you can't handle someone correcting you in a polite way, you shouldn't be on the internet.
@ dramaqueen: yeah, I've always been a shy kid, so I never really got in with people to learn a lot of social things, so I used to have a really hard time. I've gotten a lot better, though.
If people do this to you, let me know, Ill uh...See to it theyre thoroughly put into their place >XD

Im not gonna lie, I come down HARD on people for that. There was a person on here who posted pics of a horrendously over stocked tank and, even though I said it was really nice looking, (but told them they may want to reconsider having that many fish), they cried and whined and told me how I need to shut up because it was pics and they werent looking for info.

I told them to go scratch and that this is the internets.

And so it alllll began :B

Weeeeoooooooowwwreeeeoooooooo here comes teh wamberlance.

I think that's the thing I truly cant stand. Why post about something, only to ignore and back talk to those who give what youre seeking- advice?

Thats like peeling an orange with your toes and then going OH JK, DONT WANT IT.
You took the time out to do it, why just waste time by doing nothing with what youre given?

Meehhfjsdkfhaskdjf;a skdjfalskjgwjfsd c;laksdj D;
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 01:56 AM   #3183 
TheCrysCat

I actually remember that exact thread xP And as for that happening to me, it happens more in real life and it was more last year, but still... On here, I see it happen more to people like you. I just don't get it, because it's not like you're rude. If I were to squint, I *might* be able to see a really immature person think that someone's looking down on them, but... this site is largely for sharing information. And if all else fails, you can always just ignore the advice xP No one's going to actively harrass you about it.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:58 AM   #3184 
PewPewPew

I know, right? Geeeez. Why people gotta be so dumb? Ohsigh.

/___\;
Old 04-17-2011, 02:02 AM   #3185 
TheCrysCat

Yeah, of all of the threads I've read, I've only seen one that I thought someone was really overreacting to, and it was mostly in the wording. I'm weird like that; I pick up on strange, irrelevant details. Maybe it's just because I've never been placed in a position where I've had people inform me that I was doing something wrong in a major way, but any advice I have been given was in a very friendly, polite manner.
Old 04-17-2011, 09:52 AM   #3186 
tsoto80

I think there is a time and place for everything. People also tend to listen to those who they respect. I get irratated when someone post that the OP needs a biger tank and then everyone else responds saying the same thing. One time said should be enough otherwise it seems like they OP is getting attacked which may be why they automatically jump to a defence. People tend to do that when they get attacked! As for people bringing up old thread I set my prefrence to only show threads from the past week. Maybe the newbs think page one is the newest? I dunno has anyone ask the person why they did it? Why does this site keeps threads from that old anyways? Maybe they should put a block on responding to it after a certain time went by that way it could be used as info only......I dunno just saying lol
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:48 PM   #3187 
vaygirl

I'm really tired of being labeled as a picky eater. I just don't like the taste of certain foods. If you didn't like the colors green, gold, or yellow, I don't think people would run around calling you a picky decorator. Or if you didn't like the way velvet feels... would you then be a picky dresser? Why in the world do people feel the need to ask me to try things I've tried before and don't like? I just don't like it. I never will. You can label me however you want, I'm still going to feel like hurling when I smell cauliflower cooking.

My best friend is married to a guy who doesn't like her cooking. It's a serious problem for her. She takes it so personally. But the thing is, she doesn't like the stuff he cooks and won't eat it either. But in her mind, it's all him. He's picky, she says. I try to get her to see that her not liking certain foods he cooks is no different then the reverse. I guess that doesn't live up to her sense of drama.

Why do I care? Because I have similar food tastes as he does and she gets mad if I tell her I wouldn't eat brussel sprouts either. Not if you paid me. The smell makes me retch. :P Then she says I'm picky too. I'm NOT! I just don't like certain foods. That's not picky. That's normal.

Did you ever notice if it's vegetables you don't like, you're picky? But if you said, I can't stand pizza or burgers, you're not? :P I'm going to start a movement for a more PC version of a picky eater title. Maybe a discerning diner or a specific food advocate.

Edit - Sorry I popped a random rant in yer big discussion. :P LOL!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:49 PM   #3188 
TheCrysCat

^that's a pretty good idea. I know that after a certain amount of time the "not read" boldness in the titles goes away, but you can still post. As for the getting attacked thing... I can see that. I didn't think of it that way, but I can see it. But a person should still be able to tell when advice is being given, and they're not being judged.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:13 PM   #3189 
dramaqueen
Banned

I don't like brussels sprouts, either. lol
tsoto, I agree with you about people repeating what everyone else said. I think some people do it to increase their post count.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:57 PM   #3190 
PewPewPew

Thats something I want to rant about...

I wish this site, like a lot of others (I think even TFK.com has this?) had the "feedback rating" thing or the "thanks" ability. Its SO hard to gauge for new members who actually knows what theyre talking about on here.

There are a LOT of members who joined very recently who have over a thousand posts or 500+ posts, but dont know a darn thing about fish! >:( People often incorrectly judge and gauge who to trust by the number of posts, which is toooottaallly wrong! While yes, its often an ok indicator, it shouldnt be the only thing we have!

There's a senior member on here I wouldnt trust to grow a weed, let alone take care of my fish, but their post count is really high, mostly from writing fruitless and empty posts and comments. (Actually, there are LOTS OF THESE! D:<)

Saying "awww how ccuuuttteee :)))))" a million times doesnt make you a reputable member, but it gets you a high post count, which makes people think youre reputable...Which means they might take in or see out info that isnt right.

I wish we could have those features! Save us from empty posters who know nothing, and give the members who do (even with lower counts) the recognition they deserve and allow them to give the best advice they can and be heard!!!

Tags
bettathanyou