Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-18-2011, 04:24 PM   #3191 
Arashi Takamine

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
There are a LOT of members who joined very recently who have over a thousand posts or 500+ posts, but dont know a darn thing about fish! >:( People often incorrectly judge and gauge who to trust by the number of posts, which is toooottaallly wrong! While yes, its often an ok indicator, it shouldnt be the only thing we have!
Hence why before joining any site I did my own independant research and merely asked questions. I'm glad I joined before I got my actual fish because everyone here helped me. Now I have my two betta's and you all made me want to get more fish. (I'm hoping I can convince my mom to get me a three gallon for my bedroom.)
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:39 PM   #3192 
metalbetta

SO. STRESSED OUT.
First off, One of my favorite female bettas is pineconing, and I feel helpless to stop it. This forum has been awesome in helping me attempt to save her, and for that I am grateful! Columnaris should go jump off a bridge.

Second, I (forgive me for this) cannot stop going to the bathroom!!!!! I'm pretty sure I have a UTI. and it sucks. It doesn't hurt.. yet, but soon enough it probably will. I'm not insured, and I probably can't afford to go to the doc... so I'll probably end up going to planned parenthood for the antibiotics for myself. Last night I couldn't sleep I was so freaked out about maybe having diabetes. OH, I should probably mention I'm a hypochondriac. I can't help anxiety attacks when there's a possibility of something being seriously wrong. That and I can't stop thinking of poor Nina. I was up til 4 this morning. I know, things will work out the way they should in the end, but THEY SHOULD WORK OUT NOW! In my favor.
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:44 PM   #3193 
vaygirl

^ Cranberry juice, cranberry juice, cranberry juice (unsweetened). Drink it and often, Madi. :) It might save you a trip to the doc. I hope you and your girl get better!
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 04:49 PM   #3194 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbetta View Post
SO. STRESSED OUT.
First off, One of my favorite female bettas is pineconing, and I feel helpless to stop it. This forum has been awesome in helping me attempt to save her, and for that I am grateful! Columnaris should go jump off a bridge.

Second, I (forgive me for this) cannot stop going to the bathroom!!!!! I'm pretty sure I have a UTI. and it sucks. It doesn't hurt.. yet, but soon enough it probably will. I'm not insured, and I probably can't afford to go to the doc... so I'll probably end up going to planned parenthood for the antibiotics for myself. Last night I couldn't sleep I was so freaked out about maybe having diabetes. OH, I should probably mention I'm a hypochondriac. I can't help anxiety attacks when there's a possibility of something being seriously wrong. That and I can't stop thinking of poor Nina. I was up til 4 this morning. I know, things will work out the way they should in the end, but THEY SHOULD WORK OUT NOW! In my favor.
Go as soon as you can, I got a nasty one (from this gross dorm's godawful bathrooms, the whole floor did...) and the health center was closed, so I waited and it spread to my kidneys.
Not having pain is I guess good...Drink LOTS of water (cranberry juice if you have it :D) and stay away from sugary drinks and caffeine. It could clear up if you flush it out quick enough :D Also, not drinking sugary things and dilluting with water makes you go more, which makes it not hurt! XD
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 05:07 PM   #3195 
metalbetta

I've been there. a couple of years ago I got a pretty nasty UTI, but I didn't have symptoms until it spread to my kidneys. At least symptoms that I noticed. I got really sick within 6 hours (overnight) of showing symptoms, and I was throwing up and hardly able to eat for close to a month. I think I lost a good amount of weight. I didn't notice til I compared pictures from before and after lol.... It didn't help that the urgent care doctor prescribed the highest legal limit of antibiotic. I guess he thought I was close to septicemia. But he prescribed one that made me a LOT sicker. And then he got annoyed when I went back in for a new prescription.

I usually drink the cranberry cocktail stuff (cause that's the only one I can ever find), and I literally just ran out. lol
And I think I'm going to go down to planned parenthood (since they do general healthcare too. And I have a relatively low income.) some time tomorrow and see if they'll give me a UA and a prescription. Maybe I'm not recognizing the signs right since the last one I had was SO BAD.

I did quit caffeine recently... and I snuck some the other day. could that be a cause?
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:59 PM   #3196 
tsoto80

You can get UTIs from nasty bathrooms?! Well that explains it... I use to get UTI after UTI my doc told me it was cause I live in Florida (I assume the humidity) plus I am a soda addict. There is some over the counter medicine you can take which is what I did plus the cranberry juice and water it will clear up in no time. The medicine turns your pee orange lol make sure it is 100% juice and not the mixture
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:05 PM   #3197 
baylee767

I went to Maui this weekend on a class trip and we stayed over night in an aquarium. The aquarium part was awesome! But the adults that worked there treated us like 7 year olds (they freaked out and hovered next to a person who cracked a slight joke and for breakfast we were supposed to have a piece of a muffin cut in 4, and they acted shocked that I asked for seconds on carrots at dinner....) When we are 7th graders. I hate when adults think anyone under the age of 18 acts the same x.x

Also, they down talked us and used very, VERY basic terms to describe any thing (these turtles can get a HUNDRED years old! Isn't that AMAZING?! And guess what, you get to feed them!!!) And they were kind of mean to the fish, I noticed one had an injury in one of their tanks and they said "It's okay. They're an invasive species." When I can tell you that fish was NOT an invasive species. I mean, if their going to have fish, why ignore injuries the fish have? Also, their like PETA in the sense that "fish tanks are terrible no one should own fish".
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:08 PM   #3198 
tsoto80

Quote:
Originally Posted by baylee767 View Post
I went to Maui this weekend on a class trip and we stayed over night in an aquarium. The aquarium part was awesome! But the adults that worked there treated us like 7 year olds (they freaked out and hovered next to a person who cracked a slight joke and for breakfast we were supposed to have a piece of a muffin cut in 4, and they acted shocked that I asked for seconds on carrots at dinner....) When we are 7th graders. I hate when adults think anyone under the age of 18 acts the same x.x

Also, they down talked us and used very, VERY basic terms to describe any thing (these turtles can get a HUNDRED years old! Isn't that AMAZING?! And guess what, you get to feed them!!!) And they were kind of mean to the fish, I noticed one had an injury in one of their tanks and they said "It's okay. They're an invasive species." When I can tell you that fish was NOT an invasive species. I mean, if their going to have fish, why ignore injuries the fish have? Also, their like PETA in the sense that "fish tanks are terrible no one should own fish".
Yet the aquarium is one big fish tank
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:09 PM   #3199 
Sweeda88

@baylee767 I'm sorry they treated you that way! And why should no one have fish tanks? I don't understand the "logic" behind that. Some people are just never happy.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:38 PM   #3200 
TheCrysCat

Oh, because supposedly they're unhappy, on matter how big the tank :P And that's really hypocritical that they say that when they're obviously not even taking care of the fish they have. But, the carrots... they were totally right on with that. How in the world could you do that to them??? No, jk, that was pretty unintelligent too.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou