Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #3481 
metalbetta

She's got the bacteria eating away below her tail fin. She's been lethargic, but I think the antibiotics are working. All of the girls are quarantined now, will be totally breaking down the sorority until I know for sure they're all healthy. I don't want to risk anyone else getting sick. This bacteria (luckily for me[sarcasm]) is the super-aggressive flesh-eating variety of columnaris, so it's going to be difficult to get rid of. Daiquiri was showing progress until she developed an infection on her anal fin that ate right down to her body within 24 hours. I'm doing what I can, and I'll keep treating as long as it takes, but I'm not going to get my hopes up too high. Losing Nina hurt enough.
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:30 PM   #3482 
tsoto80

I been feeling down in the dumps the past few days and I have no clue why, and I also miss my mother. I haven't seen her for 2 and a half years and we hardly ever talk on the phone. When I do call her the very first thing she always says is, "what did/do you want?" or "what are you calling for?" *sigh* I miss my younger days when I was able to lay my head on her and she stroked my hair....I felt so loved lol
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:35 PM   #3483 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsoto80 View Post
I been feeling down in the dumps the past few days and I have no clue why, and I also miss my mother. I haven't seen her for 2 and a half years and we hardly ever talk on the phone. When I do call her the very first thing she always says is, "what did/do you want?" or "what are you calling for?" *sigh* I miss my younger days when I was able to lay my head on her and she stroked my hair....I felt so loved lol
I'm sorry you've been feeling down.I hope you feel better soon.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:12 PM   #3484 
JKfish

.... I feel so stressed. Honestly, I'm freaking out, and just sort of wish I could stop time. I've got my AP exam tomorrow, and I'm really, really nervous. I'm studying, but it's already 11, and I have to be at school by 7:30. D: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:27 PM   #3485 
Sweeda88

So dang stressed right now. Nothing seems to go the way I want/plan for it to go. Can that just stop? Thanks.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:37 AM   #3486 
vaygirl

Woke up to find Wraith with a big ole fat lip that's swelled up the left side of his face. I have no idea what happened but I have an idea. I've seen him try to take on pond snails as big as his head. I gave him a big ole water change and extra Atison's betta spa but I'm worried. I hope it's not cotton mouth. I do have Kanaplex so I'm ready. I hate when they're sick. It makes me all nervous-like.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:42 AM   #3487 
PewPewPew

Epsom salt, maybe? To help it go down?

Try 1-2 tsp/gallon for 2-3 days, then up to 2-3 for 7-10 :<
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #3488 
vaygirl

I like that I said I have no idea but an idea. :/ Duh much, Janine?!

Thanks Alyssa. I'm thinking I'll pick some up later.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:53 AM   #3489 
JKfish

Ouch, sorry about that Vaygirl.... maybe one of the snails finally put up a fight? XD

Antirant: the test is done, and I'm now home, because kids who take the AP exam are on a "field trip" the rest of the day of their exam~ :)
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 12:06 PM   #3490 
vaygirl

Thanks guys. :( I'm looking him over really hard. His lip is slashed above the joint that allows him to pooch his lips out, down to white meat. No wonder he's swollen. BUT, he very enthusiastically devoured 5 bloodworms so I think it's just wound. He's otherwise active and feisty, just puffy. He looks like Rocky Balboa on one side. :)