Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-23-2011, 08:26 PM   #3591 
dramaqueen
Banned

I don't blame you for being upset at the way people treated you. I probably would be, too.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 08:28 PM   #3592 
TheCrysCat

Well, are they sorry? If they'd continue to do the same thing if you had another baby, then I'd say it's a valid cause for resentment. If they're still continuing to hurt you, I'd say it's definitely a cause for resentment. Otherwise, maybe it's just lack of closure. And, once again, what DQ said. You have every right to your feelings. Maybe if you tried confronting them you'd feel better...?

I swear, though, I have this one friend who really needs to learn to get over things. (This doesn't have anything to do with anyone, I just really need to rant.) Any kind of criticism made on her character, whether it's justified or not, sends her into this whirlwind of self-pity. She takes every little thing a person says so seriously. Some people are not worth listening to. It doesn't matter, though, because that person might as well be her parent for as seriously as she will take it. I always thought that bad stuff just tended to happen to her more than other people, but now I think she just whines about it a lot more. She considers me to be her "best friend" and yet somehow I always manage to hurt her in some way. Today she was in tears because we got into an argument about whether or not she should get revenge on someone who, arguably, did do her wrong. I tried pointing out to her that it wasn't going to help things, it wasn't going to make the world or her any better, etc. But then she argued that there are a lot of things that don't make the world any better. I eventually got so fed up I stormed off. Her reasoning for doing anything not-positive is that she's been wronged before, and a ton of people don't do right, so why should she? And she was talking about how the world would be better without that one girl, who is a young person. I pointed out that even though right now right now she might not be the best person in the world, she has the rest of her life to change. "Yeah, but I don't think she's going to," was her only response. I felt like screaming at her "You are fourteen years old! No one person has the right to make those calls, but especially not a young, unexpirienced girl like you!" If anyone has ever seen the anime Death Note, they will understand what i am talking about. Point being, everyone is only responsible for their own self. Just because others are not going to be tip-top upstanding citizens does not give you the right to behave however you wish. And to think that this all spiraled from me trying to keep her from getting in trouble.

Last edited by TheCrysCat; 05-23-2011 at 08:48 PM.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 06:57 AM   #3593 
Arashi Takamine

I feel really sad...I was trying to fall asleep but a wave of grief hit me...I miss my little girl so much...I feel like I could have done more for her but we were afraid of killing her from stress that we were so careful with her trying to make her comfortable. Even helped her along when she had trouble coming up for air. I loved and still love her so much. She was my baby girl always so happy so full of life. I miss her so much. Oh Maka....You took a chunk of my heart with you...Same as the two before you. I miss them too. Kalona...Kaida...Maka...I loved you three so much...

I'm sorry...I just feel so sad right now...
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:56 AM   #3594 
tsoto80

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrysCat View Post
Well, are they sorry? If they'd continue to do the same thing if you had another baby, then I'd say it's a valid cause for resentment. If they're still continuing to hurt you, I'd say it's definitely a cause for resentment. Otherwise, maybe it's just lack of closure. And, once again, what DQ said. You have every right to your feelings. Maybe if you tried confronting them you'd feel better...?

I swear, though, I have this one friend who really needs to learn to get over things. (This doesn't have anything to do with anyone, I just really need to rant.) Any kind of criticism made on her character, whether it's justified or not, sends her into this whirlwind of self-pity. She takes every little thing a person says so seriously. Some people are not worth listening to. It doesn't matter, though, because that person might as well be her parent for as seriously as she will take it. I always thought that bad stuff just tended to happen to her more than other people, but now I think she just whines about it a lot more. She considers me to be her "best friend" and yet somehow I always manage to hurt her in some way. Today she was in tears because we got into an argument about whether or not she should get revenge on someone who, arguably, did do her wrong. I tried pointing out to her that it wasn't going to help things, it wasn't going to make the world or her any better, etc. But then she argued that there are a lot of things that don't make the world any better. I eventually got so fed up I stormed off. Her reasoning for doing anything not-positive is that she's been wronged before, and a ton of people don't do right, so why should she? And she was talking about how the world would be better without that one girl, who is a young person. I pointed out that even though right now right now she might not be the best person in the world, she has the rest of her life to change. "Yeah, but I don't think she's going to," was her only response. I felt like screaming at her "You are fourteen years old! No one person has the right to make those calls, but especially not a young, unexpirienced girl like you!" If anyone has ever seen the anime Death Note, they will understand what i am talking about. Point being, everyone is only responsible for their own self. Just because others are not going to be tip-top upstanding citizens does not give you the right to behave however you wish. And to think that this all spiraled from me trying to keep her from getting in trouble.
I love that movie!! I havent really seen the anime but the movie is so awsome plus they are sooo cute!

Okay I will give an example to what happened. When I had my daughter I had to get c-section because my son was born that way too. The doctor told me I cant lift anything other than my newborn untill I went to the follow up appointment. (6 weeks usually) me, my bf, and two kids plus my bf sister and her 2 kids was all living under my mother-in-roof (3 bedroom house) she allowed her daughter to lay on the couch all day and sleep while her kids tore up the place. I was forced to watched her kids plus mine plus do all the housework. It was really stressful and I was fixing to leave my bf cause of it plus I got yelled at every day if the house wasnt clean. now to any lady who had a baby think of how you felt when you just got home from the hospital. Now honestly I thought I moved on from this I havent thought of untill reccently. My mom in law had her gal bladder taken out and she talks how she cant do this and that and needs to rest for two weeks. Okay so the memories came flooding back. It just makes me feel like I was less important and her injury was more important than mine. I cant really talk to them cause they think they did nothing wrong and always plays the victim. It is not something I can just "get over". I guess I need to learn how to find closure over this...I dont know how to forgive people
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:08 PM   #3595 
TheCrysCat

yeah, I totally understand that.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:24 PM   #3596 
Silverfang

Having a mixed day, some good, and some bad, and what's bad, well I have to find a dentist tomorrow, I don't know if a filling fell out or if I chipped the tooth, but there is now a ragged gaping hole that is constantly irritating me in my tooth. Sigh, it would have to happen when I'm in a strange city in another province.
On the super plus side either tomorrow or Thursday I will get my first pay check! Woo.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:09 PM   #3597 
dramaqueen
Banned

Rant: people who make multiple accounts!!! Against the forum rules!!!!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:11 PM   #3598 
TheCrysCat

What's been going on, DG?! Ugh, I'm so out of the loop. I've only been on about two other thread since Monday.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:15 PM   #3599 
PewPewPew

So the "Oh noes feel bad for ME and not my BABY" I have anorexia chick on Teen Mom makes me RAGE.

I hate this chick! D:< More so than Ferrah, at least she took care of herself and whined a little less...
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 11:24 PM   #3600 
TheCrysCat

People like that in general annoy the heck out of me. If you want me to feel bad for you, then make a freaking effort to change your situation and then maybe I'll root you along.

Tags
bettathanyou