Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2010, 10:28 PM   #391 
Learn To Fly

Anti rant...

I galloped Louie (the horse I ride) today! And he is CRAZY fast! In the arena I was trying to canter and he was just charging around not listening, and I got so mad at him because he wasn't listening. Then I kind of had a breakdown (why? IDK) and started crying and apologizing to him for pulling on his face so hard (he doesn't have a bit, he has a hackamore) and wishing I could gallop him except I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to stop him. But somehow I knew that he just really needed a good gallop since I've been holding him back the past few days so I finally did and it scared me so badly at first because he went so fast. My instructor said he's the fastest horse she's ever had/ridden and she has an OTTB (Louie is a Spanish Barb). So we galloped up a hill twice (oh, and my instructor doesn't know lol because she was packing her trailer and I was riding alone) and he was so happy. He always carries his tail high when he's happy so that's how I know.
Now I think I'll gallop him regularly because it's a ton of fun...but next time I'll put on his galloping boots (and maybe bellboots if he keeps his shoes (he doesn't normally have them but he got shoes because he was footsore the day before a show) )because he is old, after all XD.

And I caught, held and released a frog today.
/anti rant

Rant:
My LPS SAID they were getting HMs 3 weeks ago. And they didn't. And now they realized that they were selling PKs and they're now selling them for $6 >.<
And they have 4 white/platinum PKs that they're selling as "Platinum HMs"
They aren't even HMPKs, let alone HMs.
/rant

@Betta Slave-that stinks lol. I have pretty big hands and I can reach an octave plus a key on the piano. Your hands...they will grow! Lol XD

EDIT: wow, sorry for all the run on sentences. I was excited...
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:31 PM   #392 
Betta Slave

That's the same with my lesson horse. I tell her to slow down and she doesn't listen. She loves to go fast.

I can reach an octave too! But these chords... I'm not used to them. I mostly teach myself acoustic guitar (my brother is my teacher too sometimes and I take lessons maybe once a month...) but these tabs!! ARGH!! This is frustrating. XD

Last edited by Betta Slave; 09-07-2010 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Spelling Error!
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:10 PM   #393 
CodeRed

I did homework from 6:00 to 10:30... I hate High School ): Chemistry, Algebra 2, and English Honors essay homework all in one night T-T; I didn't even get to clean Vali's tank out...
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:35 PM   #394 
JKfish

Rant: I can't belive I just did that! I've almost religiously been keeping up with my school work for the past month, but then I slip up and I decide "hey, it's a 3 day weekend, work can wait." Now I'm so far behind in AP it's scary (i'm almost 2 chapters behind in the txtbook, 4 chapter behind in Guns Germs and Steel, I'm going to fail to hand in an assignment due in an hour if I don't haul butt, etc), and I'm failing Chemistry! Last year I was a straight A student, this can't be happening! And I'm on this site typing my rant while I feel like crying because I can't possibly read my assignments, and then write detailed essays for my AP teacher, and do chemistry homework and read more crap, and then try and sleep! Curses, life is hard. (bye)

Last edited by dramaqueen; 09-08-2010 at 12:27 AM.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:39 PM   #395 
Maryrox247

Im so sorry JKfish i know how you feel.( i am a straight a student too and this happened to me ALL THE TIME last year) What I suggest is to do what you can. A few bad grades will lower your grade as a whole but most likely no lower than a c. Then you can bring it back up. I am trying really hard to do things A.S.A.P this year so i don't need to worry about last minute things like this. I know that is hard to do but if i can do it then you can too! Good luck!
Maryrox247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:31 AM   #396 
dramaqueen
Banned

Do as much as you can for now and try not to procrastinate in the future. I was pretty lazy in highschool and didn't work hard enough so therefor, I didn't get very good grades.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:27 PM   #397 
ReyesBetta

Time to start getting good grades for me, barely passed 7th grade. :S We start earning high school credits in 8th grade in Michigan. 1/2 credit for astronomy, phyisics, earth sciences, pre algebra, and reading.
ReyesBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:43 PM   #398 
CodeRed

My phone is now not sending out all of my messages -.-;; Might be getting a new one, soon ^_^; Almost no homework tonight, a huge difference compared to the hours I had yesterday o_o; Gunna play some Assassin's Creed, work out, then take a bath x3 I've caught a cold, the same one that just tore through our school... I was hoping I'd dodged it ):
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:06 PM   #399 
JKfish

Thanks everyone :) I'm a sophmore, and last year, I had horrible time management skills, but still managed to pull those grades to A's. This year, I've made a promise not to procrastinate... I wish I'd held myself to that over the weekend. I'm actually feeling better now and am almost caught up completely with AP work (I'm just taking a quick break) The thing that sucks would be Chemistry, but I should be able to pull that up soon.

Anti-Rant: I had reading bowl today, and eventually when I can get everything under control, I might be able to get back to riding lessons!
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:15 PM   #400 
Learn To Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
My phone is now not sending out all of my messages -.-;;
I sometimes don't get things that are sent to me by email, it's so annoying because sometimes they're important things.
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou