Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-11-2011, 11:07 PM   #4041 
TheCrysCat

Uh, wow... :P if they took just a *little* bit more care of their stock, they wouldn't have those problems.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:15 PM   #4042 
dramaqueen
Banned

Right.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:19 PM   #4043 
Arashi Takamine

That wouldn't fly with the usual group of people who work at my local Petco. I bet the woman who is always making sure people know what their doing with them was furious when she saw how badly the betta's had gotten. People really should be taking better care of their livestock if they sell pets.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:20 PM   #4044 
TheCrysCat

dead fish = not attractive.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:17 AM   #4045 
DormDrax

Well when I first Noticed Drax was sick *Points to thread in Emergencies section* AHEM *cough cough*

I told my parents what I'm going to get some meds for him (If any of you recommended anything) and my dad says and I quote...

"That fish was FREE wasn't it? If he dies we'll just get another!"

... I ALMOST foamed at the mouth.
DormDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:53 AM   #4046 
Neil D

Almost?!??))?)?!? (pardon the parantheses) I would have hand a coniption! wth?? Srry, but my dad and my mom (even though she doesn't car about my fish, she does care about me) would never EVER DAREsay that about my fish or guinea piggy. I hope Drax gets better.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 06-12-2011 at 09:11 AM.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:14 AM   #4047 
ollief9

RANT:
Went to pets at home today to buy some plants and do some eavesdropping.
Here is a conversation which sent me into a connipition.

'Can I help?'
'Yeah... we'd like to get some goldfish'
'OK.. um... how big's the tank?'
'About that big' *points to tiny display tank, about 5 gallons*
Loooonnnggg Pause
'Uhhh.. do you know how many litres it holds?'
'Nope.'
Pause
'Uhhhh... does it have a... uhhh... filter?'
'Yes. Yes it does.'
'Umm... well, the tank does seem a little bit small.'
'Well, you were happy to sell us two goldfish four days ago to this tank!'
'Oh.. so you already have goldfish in your tank?'
'Someone here sold us two, but they died yesterday.'
'Oh, ok, well if you've been sold them before, then that's alright. How many would you like?'
'We'll have ummm.... that little yellow one there.... and.... that multicoloured one, um, please.'
'Sure, I'll just go and get a bag...'

I stop pretending to browse through the plants and start foaming at the mouth. Grrrr....
ollief9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:11 PM   #4048 
kathstew

(sorry for the caps lock that will follow the message, when you read it, you will see why. Im pretty much still yelling about this).
MY COUSIN WAS ON MSN, AND TOLD ME SHE GOT TWO NEW BETTAS (SHE HAS 2 ALREADY). I ASKED IF THEY WERE GIRLS OR BOYS. SHE SAID, "WELL, I PUT MY GIRL AND BOY BETTAS TOGETHER. SAMOA (THE BOY) SQUEEZED MARINA(THE GIRL). POOR MARINA :("
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG. I TOLD HER BEFORE SHE CAN'T BREED THEM! I TOLD HER FISH MAY DIE. I'M NOT HELPING HER EVER AGAIN.

-takes deep breath, trys to stay calm-
She said only two eggs are in the bubble nest (which is where she got the 2 new betta thing). I told her to destroy the eggs. They won't survive with her past two days. I told her to destroy them now, to save the disappointment of them dying. She's only 11 (no offense to the younger members here who actually listen) and she can't take care of them properly. She has little sense of responsbility. I tried to tell her about all the things she needs to take care of betta fry, but she has it in her head that because there are only two it will be extremely easy.
I doubt she actually destroyed the eggs. She lives over two hours away, so I can't help her with them at all. There isn't much else I can do but wait. :/

OH. And then I tried to tell her that if she really wanted to breed fish, she could try guppies (because its easier). She replied with "OK. I g2g. I'm gonna go buy guppies now". NO. NO NO. she ain't allowed to do that. I told her she needed to research A LOT before she tried, but she doesn't listen. I don't know why I bother sometimes. She still left, saying she was just going grocery shopping but I doubt that too.
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 08:16 PM   #4049 
TheCrysCat

Is there any way you can contact her parents? I doubt they want dead bettas and a ton of guppy fry to worry about.

Rant/Amusing Moment: I was hanging out with a friend today, and our talk turned to this one really nasty girl. Said friend told me that a year ago, she called me fat XP That's just such a stereotypical "really bad" insult, I found amusing. Doubly so because she's actually a lot bigger than me.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:20 PM   #4050 
bahamut285

oh god @ all these rant stories... Again as Crys pointed out, parents should be more responsible about their kids. To be honest, if and when I become a parent, I'm going to be surgically attached to Google, just so I can research the random gobbledegook my kids come up with >_>
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou