PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:17 AM   #4102 
TheCrysCat

Is in my tummy...
Hughughughughug
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:48 AM   #4103 
copperarabian

I wish that Dwarf Gouramis could be kept with Bettas, but they would be beaten to death :( I used to have them when I had my 20G as a kid and before I started getting cichlids. They were my favorite fish before I got my jack dempsey, pleco, and other cichlids.

Maybe one day with female bettas... probably not though....

Last edited by copperarabian; 06-14-2011 at 01:56 AM.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:30 AM   #4104 
Arashi Takamine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrysCat View Post
Is in my tummy...
Hughughughughug
And I'm now hungry.

*glomps all of you*
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:10 AM   #4105 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hughughughug.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:17 AM   #4106 
kathstew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave View Post

Kathstew-

I'm sorry :( that's hard. But just think- you'll be better soon! <:)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Kath, my mom always said pretty is as pretty does. If people can't see beyond a body that is puffy because of medicine and illness, that's their loss! Being beautiful on the inside is what counts and you're besutiful on the inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrysCat View Post
I agree. Besides, I'm sure you're beautiful on the outside, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut285 View Post
No offense but I don't see how this is a problem...don't let social pressures get to you, honestly I was 21 before this happened. I'm not like, going to off myself on a bridge. Besides, if nobody likes you in that way because "You're too ugly" then you're better off without. A mature man would be able to look past all of that and love you for who you are. It just depends on how patient you are willing to be. Boys around your age (not to generalize but...) only care about how "sexy" their girlfriend is with all them ragin' hormones.

This may sound harsh, but you have to accept and embrace the fact that your life is not going to be "normal" like other teenagers. The only thing you can do about that is do what YOU love. Who cares if you can't play sports or go jogging or exert yourself physically? Do something you enjoy doing, whether it is sitting on a park bench or playing chess or reading a book.

There is no such thing as a "normal" life, life is what you make of it.

As for "dying" don't spend your time counting your days down. I know this sounds corny (and I hate corny) but you should appreciate the time you are spending with family and friends now, don't dilute your thoughts of being alone, it will just make you feel sad and unhappy.

Don't dwell on your lack of time, make the most of the time you have.

It's like the time we have with our bettas. They only live (on average) 3 years? I won't waste my time thinking about "Oh lord they only have x many years left". You are aware of their imminent death, and it hurts when they go, but you'll always be left with good memories.

You do live in Canada right? What province? Surgery is free in Ontario. There are some jobs and volunteering positions for "disabled" persons (or whatever the hell the politically correct term is,ugh). I have a friend with mild Vrolik syndrome who is constantly wheelchair bound and he has a light desk job at a retirement home. I would also love to get an AB betta one day as well, I don't nearly have as many regular bettas as you do, because as a poor University student with a lame student job, I can't afford it either, haha.

Anyway, life is very frustrating sometimes, but the key to happiness is being able to move forward with friends, family and loved ones.

Finally, remember that I (and everybody else) will always love and care for you with the light of 1000 suns. DON'T FORGET THAT.

Thank you everyone, especially Bahamut. I appreciate your kind words.
I know I'm lucky in many ways, I have a family that supports me, friends that support me. Its just sometimes I feel overwhelmed with everything, you know? I am a pretty positive person in everyday life, I just wanted to vent a bit.
I do a lot that I enjoy doing, but so much I've had to give up. I used to be a pretty good soccer player, I can barely walk now.
And I do agree that I shouldn't give in to peer pressure, its just very hard sometimes! :P
I do live in Ontario. I never knew about those kinds of jobs. Thank you for letting me know, I will definitely look into that.

Thank you Bahamut, I really appreciate the kind words you've said. Its knocked some sense into me. :)

HUGHUGHUGHUGHUG
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #4107 
bahamut285

GOOD. Big cuddles for j00

HUGGYHUGGY
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:51 AM   #4108 
tsoto80

OMG!!! First week starting my algebra class and it seems like I am reading an equation on making rocket fuel my face is like this: lol

I feel so stupid blah!!!
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:05 AM   #4109 
tsoto80

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathstew View Post
Thank you everyone, especially Bahamut. I appreciate your kind words.
I know I'm lucky in many ways, I have a family that supports me, friends that support me. Its just sometimes I feel overwhelmed with everything, you know? I am a pretty positive person in everyday life, I just wanted to vent a bit.
I do a lot that I enjoy doing, but so much I've had to give up. I used to be a pretty good soccer player, I can barely walk now.
And I do agree that I shouldn't give in to peer pressure, its just very hard sometimes! :P
I do live in Ontario. I never knew about those kinds of jobs. Thank you for letting me know, I will definitely look into that.

Thank you Bahamut, I really appreciate the kind words you've said. Its knocked some sense into me. :)

HUGHUGHUGHUGHUG
Hey I was just thinking do they have some kind of convention or something in your area for disable people? Maybe you can find a beautiful guy there that knows exactualy the way you feel. I do agree with bahamut that "normal" guys your age only care about their status. Or bash men and get all your love from us! lol
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:07 AM   #4110 
bahamut285

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsoto80 View Post
or bash men and get all your love from us! lol
awwwwwwwwwwyeeeaaaaaaaaaaah <3333333333333
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou