Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-19-2011, 04:12 AM   #4411 
TheCrysCat

And stressed from traveling. And so much for getting to sleep tonight, because I have this horrible pain in my chest when I lie down and it makes it hard to breathe in with any sort of depth.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 04:18 AM   #4412 
Arashi Takamine

Ouch. Maybe you pulled a chest muscle? It happens to me sometimes. Stretching back usually helps.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:15 AM   #4413 
bahamut285

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
Well, in my house there's understanding. So it's not really an issue. Sometimes I decide if it's more important to him and not so important to me, what's the problem with letting him have his way. And it goes the other way too.

A good example is my fish stuff. They're REALLY a big part of my life. But he didn't want any to begin with. Then I asked him how important it was to NOT have fish in his house and he realized it didn't matter very much to him. So I get what I want.

That makes sense to me. But honestly, we agree on most everything. So we don't run into this very often.
lawlawl I know this is late, sorry XD;

I know and understand what you mean, but I was referring to somewhat more ambiguous issues. To be honest your example is like going into a person's house with all these big game trophies (and err mounts) and telling them to stop hunting game. Just by looking at your fish stuff, people should KNOW right off the bat without even having to even know you super super well that your fish are very important to you. In which case your method works perfectly fine albeit generally unnecessary.

As I was saying I was generally referring to things that are a tad more complicated such as treatment of each other, the fundamental way a person behaves, etc etc. It isn't easy to objectify your feelings and just give it some arbitrary number on a scale of 1-10. Every time I go to the ER for pain, and they ask me "How much does it hurt on a scale of 1-10?" I say FIFTEEN. If it's something both parties believe strongly about, your method won't work.

Also as I mentioned before, I know a lot of people who would just immediately say "10!!!!" just to get their way.

However, I am extremely happy and glad to hear that you and your S/O rarely run into these situations, many applauds to you. I've seen so much general selfishness and failure around me that I wish you eternal joy
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #4414 
vaygirl

I understand what you mean, bahamut. I have 19 years with Steve. My family divorced when I was 2 and, generally, I had a crazy and unstable life with my Mom and her myriad of jerk off boyfriends. I chose Steve because he treated me with respect and he was funny, and sweet to animals and always listened to me when I was upset. I think thats how we avoid bigger issues, like treatment of each other and behavior and such. We're both big, damaged, saps. :P

Don't get me wrong, he's not perfect, I'm not perfect. He's got anxiety control issues and I'm a disorganized mess. It's a lot like The Odd Couple. But we do have a lot of joy in our lives. So thanks. :D
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:38 PM   #4415 
TheCrysCat

I woke up at seven, figured I had another hour to sleep in... woke up two and half hours later :P And my thumb is asleep. Not my hand, only a single thumb.
@Arashi: after looking online (I know, I know) I think it might be a pinched nerve.
Old 06-19-2011, 01:38 PM   #4416 
fishman12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrysCat View Post
And stressed from traveling. And so much for getting to sleep tonight, because I have this horrible pain in my chest when I lie down and it makes it hard to breathe in with any sort of depth.
Ouch...
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:39 PM   #4417 
TheCrysCat

Of course, right after I posted that I tried going back to bed and didn't feel it for the rest of the night :P
Old 06-19-2011, 01:43 PM   #4418 
fishman12

haha
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:51 PM   #4419 
vaygirl

I was gonna say you slept on it but it's hard to picture a scenario that involves you sleeping on ONLY your thumb. :)
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:52 PM   #4420 
TheCrysCat

Oh, I probably could manage it somehow :P XD

Tags
bettathanyou