Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-21-2011, 08:39 PM   #4541 
kathstew

Rant: I HATE when people do something wrong, and it gets thrown back at someone and then they act like they didn't deserve ANYTHING.

Some girl I used to know got into this argument on facebook. She called some guy so ugly, he cracks mirrors, and then he went back and swore at her, and she literally wrote "____ swore at me! I didn't deserve that!" Stupid. And then her friend began bashing this guy as well, and she was like "LOL. SO true" to EVERYTHING her friend said to this guy.
So yeah, she deserved to be swore at. :/
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:48 PM   #4542 
Pataflafla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pataflafla View Post
Woke up this morning after a late night, and my sister comes in my room not long after I start to try and actually wake up and be ready for the day. She just wanted to get her laptop out of my room and then she told me that one of our rescues' water is too cold, which I admit it was, but he was also in need of a water change in only a little bit. I planned on doing the change after I was awake and ready and to have some warm water.

What she got all upset about was that it wasn't done right then, that I needed a cup for him but wouldn't barge into her room to get one, and that I didn't want to keep using the water from my in-use 10 gallon because it was in use and, hence, not clean, sparkly fresh water (There's 2 bettas in there right now and the water was changed a few days ago. There's a little bit of unavoidable ammonia build up and general fish nastiness in there that wouldn't be suitable to trying to heal a betta in horrible condition) and also because the water level was dropping.

I told her "I can't keep using Ratchet's water to fill up that one's tank. The water level is already pretty low." She then proceeded to rant about how I needed to float him and that I'm too stupid to just add more water to the 10 gallon and that the filter current is too strong for her fish after she made the decision to put him in there.

A few minutes of tense arguing later, she takes the fish to her room presumably to "save" him and says that she'll tell my cousin, whom we bought the fish for, that I have no interest in trying to help him. Because, you know, I totally said that I didn't want to help, haven't helped out tremendously with her fish, and didn't take on the new sickly betta that she bought without having ready room for him other than a quarter gallon hospital tank. I totally don't want to save him if you can't tell.
Checked her tanks today and it looks like he's floating in the water he has been in last night. He went from clean water in a quarter gallon from the night, to dirtying that water, to one of the small cups you get from Petsmart presumably still in the same water. Not to mention that I think 5 of her 6 females are still in the same water from last night and are still in those tiny cups.

Yup. I'm the horrible person that won't change water. She's the perfect little princess.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:02 PM   #4543 
Burd

A rant.

4 of my brother's (he is 21) friends who are younger than him have had children out of wedlock in the past year. 'Accidents' that were paid for by tax money because the KIDS who got knocked up had no job or money or insurance. Many more already had children before that and got the same thing.

Why is it that I get to pay for all of these dumb, irresponsible KIDS to have children while I pay through the nose because I had a medical issue that can be treated with one little pill that costs $30 a month but ended up having to go through the wringer because the doctor didn't want to listen to me or review my history? Why is it that I get billed for being responsible while they get rewarded for being ignorant, stupid, foolish and ill prepared?

Why do we reward the people who do things without thinking, the lazy and the criminal and punish those who genuinely try to earn what they want and need?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 06-21-2011 at 11:49 PM.
Burd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:29 PM   #4544 
vaygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burd View Post
A rant.

4 of my brother's (he is 21) friends who are younger than him have had children out of wedlock in the past year. 'Accidents' that were paid for by tax money because the KIDS who got knocked up had no job or money or insurance. Many more already had children before that and got the same thing.

Why is it that I get to pay for all of these dumb, irresponsible KIDS to have children while I pay through the nose because I had a medical issue that can be treated with one little pill that costs $30 a month but ended up having to go through the wringer because the ******* doctor didn't want to listen to me or review my history? Why is it that I get billed for being responsible while they get rewarded for being ignorant, stupid, foolish and ill prepared?

Why do we reward the people who do things without thinking, the lazy and the criminal and punish those who genuinely try to earn what they want and need?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
I don't know. But AMEN! I went through my entire teenage life using being careful because I didn't wanna get pregnant. It's simple. Accidents can STILL happen of course but just outright not protecting yourself and hoping for the best? Stupid.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:54 PM   #4545 
tsoto80

In general, majority of the people do not think of how other people feel when they lay in bed with someone. They may even know it is wrong but they are living in the moment. Its life *shrugs*
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:00 AM   #4546 
dramaqueen
Banned

I have a cousin who got pregnant at 17 and was pregnant her whole senior year. She married the guy (this was in the 70's) and had 2 more kids with him before divorcing him. Then, when her daughter was in her 20's she lived with a guy and got pregnant but she didn't marry the guy until her baby was 5 months old. They're still married and had 2 more kids. My cousin's oldest son married his highschool sweetheart and they had a little girl. Then his wife met a guy on the internet and I think she got involved with drugs. They ended up divorcing. She got together with the guy she met on the internet and had 2 kids out of wedlock. Meanwhile, my cousin's son had some chick move in with him like the day after his wife left and they had 2 kids out of wedlock. The other son lived with his wife before marrying her, then they got married and had 2 kids.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:02 AM   #4547 
TheCrysCat

Wow... the women in my family kind of have a habit of getting knocked up in their teens. My mom, my cousin, my sister... I'm not going to, though.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:07 AM   #4548 
SaylorKennedy

Rant:
It sucks that all my friends went home for the summer because for some reason I just got extremely lonely. I love living in my college city with my grandparents for the summer and spending time with them and my mom, but man, I could do with some younger people right about now. Sucks even more that I live outside of the city in the middle of nowhere and it takes 25 minutes to get anywhere lively. And while I like my coworkers, I'm still getting to know them and most of them are later-20's so we don't have that much in common.
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:34 AM   #4549 
bahamut285

I honestly don't see why this is a problem...a lot of condoms are free and stuff at doctor's clinics. They've got them in little baskets (next to the candy, lmao) on the desk.

I personally thought guys still had cooties until I was 17 let alone sleeping with one...

Last edited by dramaqueen; 06-22-2011 at 12:44 AM.
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:36 AM   #4550 
metalbetta

Haha that reminds me... they used to have the flavored condoms + lube for sale on a little rack at my Planned Parenthood.
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou