Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-30-2011, 11:59 PM   #4771 
PewPewPew

We stole some from the other beach house, uhuuhuuhuu ;) I wish Id had it the first night...

Ahhh well!

I should post pics later of it. Gah, what awful tan lines.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:00 AM   #4772 
TheCrysCat

I was wearing a tank top, so I had my shoulders, to a lessert degree my arms, and my chest. My chest looks completely horrible.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:08 AM   #4773 
fightergirl2710

Eep! I was brushing my hair and found a HUGE dread lock in there, I didn't want to cut it and took me an hour to get it out and now my scalp hurts -_-'
I need to start brushing my hair more thoroughly! Seriously! I need to get used to the long hair...
Yeah,I have hair issues!
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:11 AM   #4774 
TheCrysCat

I used to have super long hair that I never took care of (I was way younger and more interested in "guy things") and it would get matted. Like a cat's hair no wonder no one liked me back then.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:34 AM   #4775 
metalbetta

A friend of mine posted to his FB "Two of my fish are dying, should I flush them now or let them die first?" --- and his friend posted:

Let them have one more exciting and potential heart stopping moment in life! Flush em!

I responded:
Woah, dude. Flushing them is a horrible thing to do to a living thing! Not to mention it's illegal. [expletive] knows I don't want whatever kind of pathogens they're carrying to end up in my water! If you want to learn about humane euthanization techniques, PM me.

His response:
Flush em. If you're worried about a goldfish containating your water supply you really need to lighten up a bit haha

My response:

Think about it. If they're suffering now, imagine if they get flushed into the sewer system. They'll get thrashed around in the pipes, and if they survive that, they'll be literally poisoned to death in waste. I'd never do that to any of my... fish, even if they were dying. If you want to put them out of their misery, put them in a small container with conditioned water, add a bit of clove oil (this will put them in a sleep-like state) then add vodka. that will kill them.

And mine again:
and @Phil, how disgusting are you to not have any concern for a living thing? don't you dare tell me it's "just a fish". You're sick for even joking about it. I know I am a damn good fish keeper, I know what I'm doing, and I know much better.

His response:
I shot a raccoon last month. oh, and i just killed a snake yesterday. Circle of life my friend. God made them all and he gave us the ability to remove them

and finally:
Your view of how life works is severely skewed. That's all I have to say to you. Jacob, it's up to you how you want to deal with your dying pets, but if you don't want them to suffer, the method I posted above is the most humane way.

ARGH I want to rip his face off.
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:38 AM   #4776 
TheCrysCat

People are idiots. There's a difference between hunting, where you shoot an animal and it doesn't get a chance to feel pain, and essentially torturing them to death. And "circle of life" is just a BS excuse, because it refers to animals feeding others, those animals feeding the earth, the earth feeding animals, etc, etc. Not humans getting to kill what they want how they want.
Rant: Making an inappropiate joke to boyfriend, who then tells it to a friend of ours who'll prolly be telling everyone he knows that I said it. C'mon, really? I admit I guilted him quite a bit for that.

Last edited by TheCrysCat; 07-01-2011 at 12:42 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:45 AM   #4777 
fightergirl2710

Some people just think that way, it's very hard to change them, they're just naturally desensitised or insensitive to another being's feelings :(
I don't understand though, why people insist on having pets (especially fish) if they don't really care.. What's the point of a pet if you don't care for it's well being, so much so that you're contemplating flushing them alive... Isn't there at least the voice of common sense saying no, don't do it?
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:52 AM   #4778 
metalbetta

I don't know, maybe I'm just too in tune with living things. I mean I can't even kill insects or spiders that are in my house. Usually I'll take them outside and find a safe spot to let them loose. I can't even take spiders outside in the winter. If they're settled in a web that's out of the way, I'll leave them be.
I know I learned to care THIS much about life from my dad, he's the same way. Neither of us even believe in a god. At most he's got a small buddha statue in his house. Then again he has a little aztec sacrificial table/candle holder too. lol

Either way, this just upsets me. I can't hang out with people that think that way.
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:12 AM   #4779 
fishman12

Yeah, hunting is one thing but cold=blooded killing is another.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:17 AM   #4780 
Arashi Takamine

I agree. I remember that one member who joined a few months ago who saved her betta from her friend who was going to flush him alive because she was bored of him. BORED.OF.HIM.

I saw a video on Youtube of two girls who accidentily dropped their golfish into the toilet during a waterchange. The one girl kept trying to get him out and telling the idiot filming fifteen times to get the net not a stupid cup and she kept replying: "No get it yourself it's just a fish. Flush him."

They flushed him. When the video ended I EXPLODED at them telling them how heartless that is. It wasn't the fact that they didn't do much to try helping it that the girl was so adament about filming it getting killed that she refused to do anything. I told her what a sick person she was.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou