Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-02-2011, 08:48 PM   #4861 
TheCrysCat

I got a headache from reading my summer project book D: I only have like five more weeks to read it, and it strains my eyes and kills my head.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 08:54 PM   #4862 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
And then there was the time when someone asked what IAL was. Some person answered and said it stood for Indian Almost Leaf. lolololol
O gawsh was it meh?!

I think a lot of miss spelled words on the internet are a result of typing too fast...Just typos...Sometimes...

Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #4863 
tsoto80

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut285 View Post
RANT: PEOPLE WHO CAN'T SPELL

This is one thing that is really pissing me off about the internet. There are SO many kids these days who can't even spell the simplest of words. I'm not talking about spelling insanely complicated words, I mean easy words such as "DEFINITELY", "CRYSTAL", "SHADING" or words that people attempt to spell phonetically. I've seen people who can't even spell the name of their religion correctly. Christian = Crischan? WTH? A LOT of browsers and websites support spell check and yet people never use them? Even better, learn to spell properly in your own time?

I expect these kinds of errors from kids who are aged 7-10 years old...NOT people who are turning 17 or 18 and planning on going to University (or Colleges in the USA) in the near future. What is it? Laziness (lazyness to some people, -_-)? Your school sucks? You're stupid?

Don't even get me started on grammar or contractions. Spelling is apparently difficult enough, let alone simple grammatical rules.

I am scared for our future if these people are the ones who are going to be running companies, involved in future governments or other places of power.

I don't think even God can help us with this one, no wonder he has forsaken our world, I think I would if I were Him -____________-.
You should not be angry because some people are naive
The thing I dont understand is that we ARE on the internet. Many times when I am unsure how to spell a word I look it up lol yes on the search of yahoo but hey it works dont wanna look stupid
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:29 PM   #4864 
Pitluvs

I'm getting really frustrated with my fiances best friend. He and his fiance are having a wedding in another country, and a week cruise afterwards. My fiance is his best man. We were made to put a $500 downpayment on the cruise rooms. The cruise will cost $4000 by the end of it. We told him last week we cannot afford it, we're out. He's been calling and trying to convince us that we need to go, that we can afford it because he and his fiance can. We have 2 small kids and a house full of animals plus us to feed and take care of. We have bills and a car that we have to put back on the road. Fiance has a surgery in Sept that will take him out of work for 3 months, then we have Christmas coming. Payment is $400 a month, excluding my kids and pets that need to be taken care of while we are gone (kennels for the dog/cat, babysitter for the rats/tanks). That's $500 a month we need to save, we live on one income.

I'm getting ticked off!! UNDERSTAND we can't afford it! I don't care about how much of a financial bind you are in and still affording it. I HAVE KIDS and they come first. GAHHH!!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:38 PM   #4865 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebittyfish View Post
O gawsh was it meh?!

I think a lot of miss spelled words on the internet are a result of typing too fast...Just typos...Sometimes...

lol! I have no idea. Yeah, sometimes misspelled words are a result of typos but you can usually tell if you are familiar with the person's typing and if they misspell the same words over and over and over...
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:42 PM   #4866 
bahamut285

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
And then there was the time when someone asked what IAL was. Some person answered and said it stood for Indian Almost Leaf. lolololol
*commercial voice* NEW IAL! EXCELLENT FOR BETTA CARE, IT'S NOT QUITE A COMPLETE LEAF, BUT IT'S IAL, INDIAN ALMOST LEAF! *shot*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsoto80 View Post
You should not be angry because some people are naive
The thing I dont understand is that we ARE on the internet. Many times when I am unsure how to spell a word I look it up lol yes on the search of yahoo but hey it works dont wanna look stupid
I don't get rage-style angry at it, haha, I just get really bothered when I have to TRANSLATE their inane typing just to read something they say. X__X

@DQ: Oh god, "defiantly" is the worst LOL
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:43 PM   #4867 
TheCrysCat

Defiantly and definitely are two different things, people. Get that through your head.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:54 PM   #4868 
bahamut285

Anti-rant: I'm at my grandmas house so none of my regular shampooing stuff is here, so I used her random asian shampoo......MY HAIR IS SO SOFT. IT'S LIKE PETTING A CAT. *pets own hair*
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:02 PM   #4869 
Creat

Lol that reminds me i was yelled at by my friend after I washed my hair with dish soap lol! college budgeting yay!
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:07 PM   #4870 
dramaqueen
Banned

Bahamut, I found that rant you were talking about. You didn't say anything ban-worthy. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou