Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-13-2010, 06:55 AM   #41 
bloo97

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
What the crap is up with Animal Planet these days? Every show newly released by them is extremely negative now. Killer Aliens. Confessions of Animal Hoarding. Fatal Attractions. Uprisings, or something of the sort. I now firmly believe the Animal Planet that I grew up with is GONE. They're serving a different purpose these days, and I believe they might be controlled by people like PETA. They seem to be VERY anti-animal, showing off the darker sides of any animal. It also seems to be turning into more of a reality show station. I miss Animal Miracles, Planet's funniest animals, Amazing Animal Videos, The little Zoo that could, CROCODILE HUNTER for pete's sake! What is FATAL ATTRACTIONS?

Blah. Nat Geo Wild for me. I'm taking Animal Planet off of my favorites, and I'm going to send them a letter congratulating them on losing my views, along with any family I marry and have. I'm NOT going to let my kids watch shows that negative, not ever. Congrats, Animal Planet!
And I'm sick of tired of the anti-reptile shows on there, too.

/rant for now.
I so friggin agree. Animal Planet I grew up with too is now People Planet. Or Pet Planet. Where Did Meerkat Manor, Crocodile Hunter, Jeff Corwin, go? Nat Geo Wild For Me! Angry complaint letter for AP!
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:56 AM   #42 
doggyhog

I agree CR.

I used to watch Animal planet a lot a while ago when it was all Steve Irwin, Jeff Corwin and lots of dog training shows. Now they show nada zip of dog training stuff, it's all "Monsters inside me" and groooooss stuff like that.
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:53 AM   #43 
CodeRed

OMG I cannot stand Monsters Inside me ;-;
Last Chance/Stop (O.o) highway IS a cute show, but its definitely one of the FEW shows out there that are pro-pet/pro-animal these days. I wouldn't be surprised if soon it becomes "Not about the animal, but about the people helping the animals" or some of that, like Whale Wars. I never liked The pit bull show, because I don't understand how "rescues" only take in some dogs. If a dog needs rescued, why stop at a specific breed?! If I see a dog that needs a home, I'll take that dog, regardless of if it's a poodle, a lab, a gigantic St. Bernard, or a mutt of the three!
>_< Just bothers me.

And I LOVE Python Hunters on Nat Geo. It's gives so much more INFORMATION, rather than the mindless propaganda that is shoved down our throats by AP. They explain the situation, and actually show that pythons AREN'T mindless killing machines, only a step away from becoming human-killing monsters.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:13 PM   #44 
VioletTrauma

ffffff i hate animal planet now too D<
VioletTrauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:25 PM   #45 
1fish2fish

I don't mind some of the shows. I don't really like the Pit boss or Pit Bulls and Parolees shows very much but I like that they are at least getting it out there that Pit Bulls ARE NOT the animals that the media portrays them to be, in fact they are far from it. I just wish those shows focused more on the dogs and fighting breed bias than the stupid personal relationship stuff.

I like the Animal Cops shows because it gets people thinking about animal welfare and shows that cruelty should NOT be tolerated. I wish they focused more on animals besides dogs and cats and maybe showed stuff about fish and reptiles.

The monsters inside me show is interesting but it doesn't belong on animal planet, neither do I Survived or any other show that focuses on people instead of animals.

I <3 River Monsters. I think that is a great show and I like the fact that he throws back the fish he catches and is all about species preservation and educating the public on respecting the local fish.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:25 PM   #46 
Sarada

I had a pitbull cross once...best dog ever!
Sarada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:58 PM   #47 
metalbetta

Thanks for the condolences, guys. I'm doing a lot better, though it's not like I can just stop thinking about it. It's probably going to be a rough couple of weeks. The funeral was ...A funeral. It was very sad, but I was glad to get closure and have the opportunity to say goodbye. Also I got to meet up with some old OLD friends and share some of our memories.
I'm not much of a religious person... In fact, I'm not. But I'm hoping that she's somewhere better than here.
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:00 PM   #48 
ThePearlFish

ARGHH! instead of getting my hair cut today I got my car towed to a garage instead. something is wrong with it. this is like the first actual bad fri. 13th experience I have had.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:12 PM   #49 
1fish2fish

Whoa.. I didn't even realize it was Friday the 13th. Last Friday was my unlucky day. My car is STILL in the shop >:(
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:02 PM   #50 
dramaqueen
Banned

We went to Indiana with my uncle yesterday and on the way home we heard this loud noise. A few minutes later a light came on indicating that the radiator was overheating.So we pulled into a rest stop and my uncle called Triple A. They sent a tow truck and the cab would only seat 2 other people besides the driver. Well, my uncle sat in the middle and my Mom sat next to him. There was no room on the seat for me so I ended up having to sit on my Mom's lap. I had trouble getting my head in because I was sitting up so high on my Mom's lap. lol Luckily we didn't have too far to go. I laughed all the way home. lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou