Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-08-2011, 07:17 AM   #5141 
bahamut285

Rant: It's really hot in my room :(...my AC only cools off our living room. I'd go sit there but I like my desk lol.

My tanks are at 30C, (uhh 86F) is that too hot? They seem okay, still enjoying themselves. Any tips on how to cool tanks if they get too hot? Lelouch's tank hasn't had a heater all summer (my old one broke, didn't bother to put new one in after noticing it is above 80 all the time...). Lin's tank has a thermostat in the heater so it's "off" right now.
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:56 AM   #5142 
kathstew

Aw, I'm sorry for your losses guys! That is so strange! :(

And thanks guys for your support! lol i totally missed the whole handicapped convo :P My internet shut down, so I couldn't get back on.
I don't really care the term being used, as long as I get some respect! I don't expect the red sea to part for me or anything, but don't walk right into me and then act like its my fault! There are a few people who are really nice, moving out of the way or offering to grab something for me that I can't reach, and I really appreciate those kinds of people.
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:58 AM   #5143 
fightergirl2710

d try putting in a water bottle of frozen water in all the tanks, it might bring down the temps about 2 degrees or you can do a few water changes, I find the 2nd option more effective :D
My new guy was at 30 in the morning, he was just sitting there, I freaked and did a water change and lowered the heater to 26.. He perked up in seconds :D
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:53 AM   #5144 
dramaqueen
Banned

I always try to be considerate of people in wheelchairs and on canes. People get in a hurry and have no patience with those who can't move fast.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:09 AM   #5145 
Betta Slave

Grrrrrr. I have to spend the weekend out with my friend and her evil other friend.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:17 AM   #5146 
metalbetta

I have to go be nice to people I hate for an unreasonable amount of money. Woo.... Fortunately I put my two weeks in yesterday. :)
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:56 AM   #5147 
TheCrysCat

Thanks guys. I just feel bad that the entire day I was complaining about some girls that don't even matter, when I should've be enjoying our last day together.

I guess it also explains why the past few days, I'd been in an absolutely foul mood. I guess some subconscious part of me picked up on it.

He was my sweetie; always very mild for a betta. While my other two boys would rocket towards their pellets and eat several at once, he would eat one at a time like a little pacman.

Also, I guess he must have just died of old age, because he wasn't sick, and there wasn't anything on his body to say otherwise.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:39 PM   #5148 
vaygirl

I'm sorry about your lil boy Crys. :( Is it always summer these waves come? I remember Jackie (1fish2fish) saying something about watching your fish in the summer. I would guess it's easier for stuff to thrive in our water supply?

Rant: Teeth! I woke up this morning with debilitating pain. I had to run downstairs, pop Tylenol and aspirin and slather myself with orajel. I go back on Thursday. I think the molar next to the one I had done has an abscess. :( :( :(
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:09 PM   #5149 
TheCrysCat

Ouch. I hatehatehate toothaches. I hope you don't have to have too much work done on it D:

And now my dad's flipping out on my mom and I about the animals. He says that if we get another fish, he's leaving. A fish. Fish don't smell, they don't make noise, and they stay in my room where he doesn't have to see them. He only hates them because they're pets.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:12 PM   #5150 
bahamut285

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightergirl2710 View Post
d try putting in a water bottle of frozen water in all the tanks, it might bring down the temps about 2 degrees or you can do a few water changes, I find the 2nd option more effective :D
My new guy was at 30 in the morning, he was just sitting there, I freaked and did a water change and lowered the heater to 26.. He perked up in seconds :D
Okay I'll try the water bottle thing...I have no water bottles right at this moment so I'll put in an ice pack in a ziploc bag for now instead.

@vaygirl: Sorry to hear about your teeth, I hope you feel better soon :(

Rant: After waking up early for once at 6:30 to clean up my house, I ended up falling asleep on the couch from 9am until 2pm FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF....I have work at 4pm and I have to go out to do errands...so much for cleaning the house
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote