Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-16-2011, 10:05 PM   #5711 
bahamut285

Comets/Commons (the long ones) need 55 Gallons for the first fish and 10-20 Gallons per additional I believe.

Goldfish change their colours when they grow bigger, the 4 I've owned have "shifted" their orange spots but none of them actually disappear to turn white. My goldfish, Dea, used to have 4 perfect symmetrical diamonds on her tail, now they're just random splotches, xD.

I don't think Lupin comes online anymore, I PM'd him when Nigel was looking a little lazy and he didn't respond? Or maybe something happened on my end, I dunno xD
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:12 PM   #5712 
dramaqueen
Banned

He comes on once in awhile.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:30 PM   #5713 
Arashi Takamine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrysCat View Post
I'd keep an eye on it, and if it seems to get worse, start treatment.

And I completely agree with Arashi. I adore my guy to death, but sometimes he's kind of a jerk. Not intentionally, of course, or I wouldn't be with him.
My boyfriend's gotten on my last nerve and now well I'm considering us: "Just friends." Now until I hear back from him...

Which to be honest I noticed the only boys in my life that have yet to piss me off completely are my betta's and my dog.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 03:18 AM   #5714 
fightergirl2710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arashi Takamine View Post
Which to be honest I noticed the only boys in my life that have yet to piss me off completely are my betta's and my dog.
Hear hear!
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 06:28 AM   #5715 
Shimizoki

well Shimi hasnt done it... yet ;)
Shimizoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:13 AM   #5716 
fightergirl2710

Ok, and Shimi :D
Old 07-17-2011, 07:45 AM   #5717 
Neil D

So wait, I have? :cries:

I have a good rant:

That's not right! My neighbor likes to fish, I don't cos it hurts them. So anyway, they were fishing for fish to eat, so when they caught some freshwater bass (I think it was bass) they put them in a cooler filled with ICE! Just to keep the "meat fresh"! It must have been torture for them. When they took them out to fillet them, they were still flopping around! WITHOUT SKIN/"MEAT" on them. I felt so sick. What was really sick was that my neighbor was laughing about it. He is responsible and wants a gourami and WILL take good care of Him/Her, but it was this story that led me to realize, WTH is going on with animals? We know they can feel pain, yet we continue to injure them! We wouldn't DREAM of doing iT to a human, si why animals? I've gone vegetarian now, not because I don't want to eat meat, I just disapprove of how many animals/why/how we are killing them. Humans are MEANT to eat meat, but it needs to be on a Need to eat basis, not kill 100's of pigs/cows/poultry daily.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 07:54 AM   #5718 
fightergirl2710

Ok, fine you neither!
That sucks Neil, but some people aren't as sensitive to the pain of other animals, you can't help it.. He sees the bass as food but the gourami as a pet, he's raised that way.. It's not wrong or right.. In fact lots of people believe if you want to eat meat, kill the animal yourself.. Don't make others do the dirty work. :/ Although the whole flopping around thing is just sad :(
Old 07-17-2011, 07:58 AM   #5719 
Shimizoki

Agreed. but the meat we eat is gotten in the same way we just don't see it happen. You can't humanely kill everything, that would take forever and all the food prices would skyrocket. That would cause more of an outrage than "a few tortured fish".

Its still sad though.
Shimizoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 08:04 AM   #5720 
fightergirl2710

Yup yup.. I've seen what they do in slaughter houses, I'm surprised it didn't put me off meat.. Even in the wild the prey animals aren't exactly killed humanely.. Being strangled by a lion is probably not how a gazelle would want to die but it's because we have a conscience we feel bad :(... It's pretty normal for the animal kingdom.

Tags
bettathanyou