Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-17-2011, 09:32 AM   #5721 
Neil D

That's kinda what I'm saying. We HAVE the ability to MAKE it humane, natural predators do not. But a lion kills one gazelle then it's full for (as an example) two days. How many different cows were killed in one day, so cruelly for that one hamburger? That hamburger has meat in it from many different cows, not one. But of course, I forgot about $$ and our own pleasure.

"Oh hello, I'm being paid to stab you, not to mention it gives me great pleasure to see writhe on the floor in agony, as I'm indifferent to your suffering."

We would never do that to a human, why to animals?
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:43 AM   #5722 
fightergirl2710

But those cows are feeding a lot of people, that lion is eating for his own fill, not killing for 100s of lions.... I knew a butcher who was one of the kindest men I met, his family was doing this for years so he did it too.. And if you think about it and look around, you'll see humans do this to each other as well. I mean what happened here just days ago is a good example of that.
Humans are complex, a guy who has a job killing cows is only doing his job and feeding people. You can't call him evil, it's not that easy Neil..
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:52 AM   #5723 
Littlebittyfish

Part of the reason why I am vegan. :)
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:56 AM   #5724 
fightergirl2710

That's a good thing, :) but I'm sure there are a lot of people like me out there who can't live without meat.. I can try but it just doesn't work.. I need to eat some form of meat/ fish almost everyday..
Old 07-17-2011, 09:58 AM   #5725 
Neil D

I'm not calling it evil. Humans truly need meat to be healthy. And I'm all for it. I just wish that...I don't know...that everything could be... happy. I'm not sure what I'm trying to say anymore, because there is a counter argument for everything. I think that the Native Americans had it right. One buffalo for the entire tribe, and everything is used: skin for clothes/teepees, organs (i think) for bags, bones as house supports, meat for food (duh). And they looked at the animal as a...whats the word?...I don't know but it was respectful. Not as a way to derive pleasure or $$.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:39 AM   #5726 
fightergirl2710

If it makes you feel better, even people now (even if it is for the sake of money) use every part of the animal.. Like bone meal for chicken feed, leather for bags and stuff, organs are sweet breads and meat is eaten.. I understand how badly you feel, it is disturbing, especially to see a fish like that.. I understand what you mean about respect too.. In India the cow is worshiped because it used to be a source of everything for the Aryans, food (although they don't eat it anymore.. Religion gets warped through the ages :/) milk, cloth etc.. I guess respect is one thing we should give these animals, you're right.. That's the least we can do. :)
Old 07-17-2011, 11:43 AM   #5727 
Neil D

Yup. That does kind of make me feel better...but is it so hard to knock out an animal before butchering it? Yeah I never used to eat beef. Only poultry and seafood. But I gave those up too. http://www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com/
My reason for chicken. I'm sure it's like that in other places as well. We also buy cage free eggs.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:56 AM   #5728 
fishman12

The main reason all this happens is because of over-population... There should be a law that hospitals won't use their birthing department for a year... It should be announced 10 moths or a year before it's inacted of course... we have 9.5 billion and we should have like 950 million or something...
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 12:15 PM   #5729 
fightergirl2710

It wouldn't be difficult but it might be expensive to knock them out. :( My grand dad has a poultry farm and I know how sad it is to see those chickens cooped up in cages but he loves them more than anything in the world, he was devastated to find out the government might take over it soon.. The farm wasn't giving him profit, just paying for his expenditure on it.. I feel bad for those chickens but I think they wouldn't be treated any better in some other place..
I used to wonder why poachers kill rhinos to get their horns, my theory was knock it out, get the horn and another one grows back, your supply never ends but then this was easier for the poachers :/ Stuff like that gets me mad!
Old 07-17-2011, 04:19 PM   #5730 
Neil D

Yes.

Different Rant: IM SO COMFUSED ON HOW TO CARE FOR APPLE SNAILS! Can some one PM me about it? Are they easy to care for? I Want one on one side of my divided 10g, but am concerned what/how to feed them and their care requirements.Thx.

But I would pay 3$ more if the animal was killed humanely. Today was my first 'official' veg lunch

Tags
bettathanyou