Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-26-2011, 07:34 PM   #6221 
dramaqueen
Banned

Can you give me a link to that thread so I can check it out?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:35 PM   #6222 
TheCrysCat

Will do, Dee Que.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:52 PM   #6223 
dramaqueen
Banned

Yes, kids probably hear worse at school and even at home but that doesn't mean that we have to add to it here on the forum. What part of FAMILY FRIENDLY do people not understand??
Old 07-26-2011, 08:01 PM   #6224 
TheCrysCat

It's just a rule xP The person who pointed it out wasn't saying it because it offended their delicate sensitivities, they were trying to not get that guy in trouble. No good deed goes unpunished, I guess.

OMG. We should just be thankful there's not a wordfilter. I just came across this post on another forum: "It would be awesome that very rarely, that when you get bleep in your house, one of the bleep would be replaced by a white Pikmin. Then, when it would get crushed, it's ghost would appear like a bleep."

They were trying to say "cockroach." It took me forever to figure out what the heck they were trying to say. It was speculation for the new Animal Crossing game, in case anyone's curious.

I also used to go on a forum that would sensor the word "spoon." It was interesting to hear a bunch of otherwise intelligent members talk about the "sThingy."
Old 07-26-2011, 08:07 PM   #6225 
1fish2fish

I don't particularly like the swearing rule.. I think it could be a little less strict but then again I also don't think kids younger than 15 or so should be on the internet unsupervised so in my perfect world the forum wouldn't need to be "family" friendly. But to each their own. Aside from that this is a nice forum unlike some others that I am on not everyone is working hard to try to get into some clique or another.

I have a hard time keeping my tongue in check here and every once in a while I slip up. Many times I have to go back and edit and go err... and put a more forum appropriate word in XD.

ETA.. Crys that's hilarious!

A couple forums I'm on have that. The most annoying is UB which has really dumb alternatives like BUMMY and "Basement Cat's Land" :barf:
On my dog forum it's really annoying because we were trying to talk about our favorite books and I was talking about Charles Dickens and it came out Charles ****ens >

Last edited by 1fish2fish; 07-26-2011 at 08:10 PM.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:10 PM   #6226 
TheCrysCat

I don't either, really. It just irritated me to see that someone got mad at another member for pointing it out. Even if it was something really idiotic, it's still a rule.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:16 PM   #6227 
1fish2fish

Ah well... it goes back to my unspoken rules... some people are just touchy and don't like to be confronted. That's why most of the time I try to just use the report button instead of saying something directly to the member... even if it's something silly like "hey there's no swearing here :)"
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:18 PM   #6228 
TheCrysCat

True, true.

And yeah. At least it didn't say bleeproach or something silly like that. I thought they were talking about "bleep" noises at first.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:40 PM   #6229 
dramaqueen
Banned

In our chatroom one time I couldn't post the word cocker spaniel. It was censored. lol
Old 07-26-2011, 08:41 PM   #6230 
TheCrysCat

Oh wow. I can only imagine that made the word look a lot worse than it was.

Tags
bettathanyou