Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2011, 03:36 PM   #6261 
TheCrysCat

@Bettaslave: My BMI's higher than yours and I'm still fairly skinny. And, muscle is better than fat xD

@Arashi: I hate it when people overreact like that... hopefully your dad was just having a bad day. If something was that important to him, he should've done it himself.

Rant: Alright, Midnight and Powder started tailbiting at approximately the same time. Powder's tail is almost completely healed up, and he even has growth on some parts of his fins that weren't damaged. Midnight? No improvement, as far as I can tell. I'm adding a few frozen bloodworms into his meals.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:39 PM   #6262 
Arashi Takamine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrysCat View Post
@Bettaslave: My BMI's higher than yours and I'm still fairly skinny. And, muscle is better than fat xD

@Arashi: I hate it when people overreact like that... hopefully your dad was just having a bad day. If something was that important to him, he should've done it himself.

Rant: Alright, Midnight and Powder started tailbiting at approximately the same time. Powder's tail is almost completely healed up, and he even has growth on some parts of his fins that weren't damaged. Midnight? No improvement, as far as I can tell. I'm adding a few frozen bloodworms into his meals.
I hope so I hate it when he's mad at me for something this stupid. It's almost as bad as the time he kept yelling at me when the bamboo in the tank had yellowed a bit and he kept saying I don't care about the plant only my fish....

I know one thing he ain't gonna get to me. He wants to give me one more reason to tell him those three little words then fine.

I hope Midnight's tail gets better.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:42 PM   #6263 
TheCrysCat

Thanks, me too. I'm almost afraid to make him flare because the gashes in his tail are so big, but I have to keep him amused somehow.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:49 PM   #6264 
1fish2fish

GRRR... my internet is being sooo slow today. Even what I type takes forever to show up. I don't know if it's the weather or what but it's been acting up for a couple days now. I guess I could hook up my ethernet cord to see if that speeds up my connection instead of using my wifi but that would involve me uncluttering my desk and sitting in a chair versus laying on the couch and watching TV at the same time :p
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:04 PM   #6265 
Neil D

If I were you, 1fish, I would blame the Internet...um...wait...
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:16 PM   #6266 
1fish2fish

I restarted my computer and it's acting fine now... so I have a new rant :p

Bella was dreaming and doing weird doggy things and I wanted to get a video but my camera was dead >.<

Kind of a wimpy rant but there ya go.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:25 PM   #6267 
bahamut285

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrysCat View Post
They were trying to say "cockroach." It took me forever to figure out what the heck they were trying to say. It was speculation for the new Animal Crossing game, in case anyone's curious.

I also used to go on a forum that would sensor the word "spoon." It was interesting to hear a bunch of otherwise intelligent members talk about the "sThingy."
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave View Post
That's what I'm thinking... I'm not bragging but I'm mostly muscle... My mom's just been underweight all her life (seriously... pictures of her 20 years ago and she was quite skinny) and she's not used to being average weight. :/ And my BMI's at 18 right now, which is good. So I dunno. It's just her.
BMI of 18 is underweight... normal is 18-25 and overweight/obese is higher than that.

Honestly though the BMI system is horrendously flawed because it doesn't take into the account of muscle mass nor frame size of a person. Also not to mention it has an appalling R-score -_-
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:29 PM   #6268 
1fish2fish

Personally I wouldn't listen to anyone but your own body. If you feel comfortable with your weight and feel comfortable in your body don't let ANYONE tell you any differently.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:31 PM   #6269 
fightergirl2710

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
Personally I wouldn't listen to anyone but your own body. If you feel comfortable with your weight and feel comfortable in your body don't let ANYONE tell you any differently.
100% agree!
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 05:33 PM   #6270 
Neil D

But sometimes when you think your healthy, your not, or vice versa. I think that more applies to your "beautiful" perception of yourself.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou