Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-28-2011, 12:26 AM   #6301 
Pitluvs

WHY do people insist on replying to my adds wanting to buy my tanks, when my add is me WANTING TO BUY A TANK. I don't have the tank for sale people, I want one. HENCE THE WANTED ON MY POST! Uugghh!!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:45 AM   #6302 
dramaqueen
Banned

I can count on one FINGER how many true friends I have. It's pitiful. We have family here but they don't ever call, unless they want something, except 1 cousin and an elderly uncle. It's sad.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:26 AM   #6303 
metalbetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrysCat View Post
That's how I feel about a lot of my so-called friends. I can count on one hand the number of true friends that I have.
Heard. Truth be told you learn who your true friends are a few years after high school. Whoever sticks around, sticks around. And they do because they care about you, not because they're required to be in the same building with you for 8 hours a day. I too can count on one hand all of the true friends I made in high school. I've made some awesome new friends afterwards, but very few. It's better to have a few very close friends, than a thousand aquaintances.
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:05 AM   #6304 
TheCrysCat

Right now, I consider my true friends to be the ones who like me no matter how eccentric I am. A lot of the people I hang out with will be nice to my face, but start whining as soon as my back is turned. Typical high school stuff, I guess xP I'm happy to say that I'm still best friends with a girl I've been close to since elementary school, and another one I've never had a single class with.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:13 AM   #6305 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbetta View Post
Heard. Truth be told you learn who your true friends are a few years after high school. Whoever sticks around, sticks around. And they do because they care about you, not because they're required to be in the same building with you for 8 hours a day. I too can count on one hand all of the true friends I made in high school. I've made some awesome new friends afterwards, but very few. It's better to have a few very close friends, than a thousand aquaintances.
True that.

I completely agree.
I was never uber popular or anything in high school, but I did well socially. People liked me, I liked them, you know-- what ever.

But what really killed me in HS was how so many other people acted towards me and their other "friends", how everything was pure drama, fighting, pettiness. I couldnt understand (and still dont) why people keep people around in their lives, even when neither is happy in doing so.

I distanced myself quite a bit for many people because of that, which made a lot of them angry. Again, I dont get it, if youre not happy and Im not happy, just let me peacefully go.

But now in college (and beyond, with adult friends), Im finally away from that...mostly. People seek people out for friendships, ones full of mutual respect, caring and understanding. Arguments are not made to be made and are not won- theyre just understood and done with due respect.

My friends now, even the few who managed to stay with me through HS, they really, truly care about me, and I them. I respect them very much; truly respect them, for all that they are, and all that theyre not.

It gets better after HS, heck, after college. People stop being stupid (sort of) and realize how to behave and be good, kind people. At that point, its up to you to find them and become friends :D
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:14 AM   #6306 
bahamut285

OH I love this High School drama, lol.

Have no friends? You'll appreciate true friends even more than you ever imagined
Have a few true friends? Don't complain, be happy with your current friends
Have loads of friends? Wrong thread, happy thread is somewhere else :P

I fail to see the attraction of being popular. It's like being famous, I personally don't want to have a million "face friends" who want to leech of of my popularity for some recursion-type reason. I would honestly rather be alone and have maybe one or two best friends.

I'm 23 years old, I have about 300+ people I never speak to on facebook, I just "know" them. Half of them I haven't spoken to since highschool. The highschool half...I probably was "friends" with maybe 6 people, had one true friend. The non-highschool half, is all university people that I "know". I am "friends" with maybe 50 of them, close friends with 15 or so, and have 6 true friends.

7/300 people is not very high, about 2.3% BFF rate.

However...

There are 6 billion+ people in this world. 2.3% is 138,000,000 potential friends :)

Don't be sad, you'll meet them one day. You'll both be glad you found each other through such slim odds.
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:17 AM   #6307 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsABlazin View Post
yea... i have none....
I'llBeYourFrriiieennnddd :D

Nun be sad. Friends are a fickle thing. They come and go, you know.

Theyre a lot like that one pair of realllyyy, super awesome and comfy shoes that we've all got. You know, the ones that took you forever to find, the ones maybe you tried on and thought "Hey, why not? Ill give them a go" and now theyre the best things ever.

Gotta get a few blisters, try on a few pairs, spend a bit too much money and break them in to the dickens... But that favorite pair of shoes...

ooohhh, theyre worth the wait.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:22 AM   #6308 
TheCrysCat

Pee3, I completely agree with you. HS hasn't gotten any better since you left >.< I have a ton of people that I can talk to, and generally don't hate me, but some of the stuff said about me... gah. And then there are people who *would* get mad at me if I stopped hanging out with them, even though they don't really like me.

Case in point: early last year, girl was whining because me and another friend were goofing off during lunch. She wants to be "popular" because the guy she's had a crush on for three years is "popular." This was a conversation I had with her once:

"If you're so worried, why don't you just leave? No one is forcing you to stay."
"Yeah, but I'm a geek and no one really likes me."

That situation was just an idiotfest and a half. I really am thankful for the friends I do have, though. They are aweshome.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:22 AM   #6309 
GunsABlazin

lol pew, friends and old shoes haha.
yea... after graduating high school, me and my... acquaintances parted ways.
GunsABlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:27 AM   #6310 
PewPewPew

It happens. Thats the worst part of college. People get so busy and its a time of intense reflection and choices. I let a few relationships die that maybe I shouldnt have, but it was becoming a chore to tend to them..and thats not right.

Baaghhh, give it time. Friends dont grow on trees!

If they did, we'd have tree-friends, and that'd be weird. :I

Tags
bettathanyou