Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-29-2011, 05:10 PM   #6431 
fightergirl2710

I do too actually but I really wanted to show off my new guy! Sorry for the inconvenience lol! Next time I'll send you a message before I change it P3 XD
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:12 PM   #6432 
Sweeda88

*Changes avatar just to confuse everyone.*
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:13 PM   #6433 
bahamut285

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrysCat View Post
Guess who just got broken up with? The little jerk had a plan, you see: he wanted to break up with me, date someone else for the school year, and then break up with her as soon as he moved over to where I lived, where we could resume our relationship. It's just so many kinds of wrong on so many levels. First of all, presuming I'd wait when I knew he had a girlfriend, second, completely using a girl while not having feelings for her, letting her get attached for a year, and then dumping her. That's just a... frick, I can't say it here.
Sorry to hear about that, but that's ridiculous X_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
OH LOL THATS RIGHT. Lady name.
LOLOLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4life View Post
Rant #2: I wish people would pay attention to proper grammar, sentence structure and punctuation. Shouldn't people have a little more pride in they're education? I understand if you never went to school or if you are five but come on anyone born in the US should write or type proper English!

Rant #3: No one gives the benefit of the doubt anymore. You are never graded by being a hard worker or your willingness to do what is asked of you but your graded by others opinions of you or rumors. If you had a bad day and don't feel like talking, your taken as snobbish or hateful. Why do the petty things get the attention and anything negative blown out of proportion?
While I wholeheartedly agree with you (I ranted about the same thing)...No offense, but the literacy rate in the US is abysmal, both in actual reading ability and knowledge acquisition. The average American has the literacy standards of 7-8th graders, so 12-13 year olds. In comparison to the amount of educational resources that the US has, that's really really sad. I vaguely remember one of my professors last year saying that 40% of Americans read at average or below average standards for their age.

Also: *Their education. Lol.

As for benefit of the doubt, there is that saying "Bad news travels faster (and sells more)". How many newspaper articles are about happy things? Most magazine articles are: "SO AND SO BROKE UP WITH BLAH BLAH" "SO AND SO OPENS UP TO HIS/HER ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP" "BLAH BLAH LOOKING A LITTLE CHUBBY". It's always bad news/drama. That's what people want to hear, it's more interesting to them (for some reason). In the case of not wanting to speak to anybody, I'd probably try to calmly say that I'm just "not feeling well" instead of right out ignoring people, lol

If you watch The Big Bang Theory, it's actually a quick experiment done by two of the characters. They both present drama-type news (i.e. so and so is pregnant) and good news at the same time, and the good news is almost immediately forgotten. Yes, it is just a TV show, but a co-worker of mine conducted something similar for his thesis project.

Last edited by bahamut285; 07-29-2011 at 05:19 PM.
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:15 PM   #6434 
fightergirl2710

Omg! Who are you!? I've never seen you before! XD
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:15 PM   #6435 
TheCrysCat

It makes sense. Happy news is happy, but bad news... that means that there's a problem, and so people are going to try to fix it. Or something. Just a guess.

Talking to the ex again. He's apparently just as upset as I was/am, but he was afraid he was going to snap at me and "do something to ruin our relationship." Because that's what you do, right? Instead of risking hurting someone's feelings for a while, end it all together. What a load of BS. I'm not that great, that he has to stay away from me in order to "protect" me.

Last edited by TheCrysCat; 07-29-2011 at 05:18 PM.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:17 PM   #6436 
fishman12

Thanks guys. I've had a pretty much bad relationship/no relationship with my grand parents. Pateral Grandfather- Alchoholic/smoker 'nuff said, Grandmother- Seen 4-5 times in my life; Materal Grandfather- Nice, but rarely saw. He was the one I most connected with. Grandmother- Brain cancer, treatment messed up her brain. She suffered for 12 years.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:18 PM   #6437 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm sorry, Fishman.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:20 PM   #6438 
fishman12

Oh well. Life goes on.
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:20 PM   #6439 
1fish2fish

OMG I remember the avatar change messanger! They wrote on my wall once and I was like .. and you're point is?

I think we should have a forum wide conspiracy to change our avatars just to confuzzle p3
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 05:22 PM   #6440 
bahamut285

Sorry to hear that, Fishman *hugs* :(
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou