Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-30-2011, 10:00 PM   #6561 
PewPewPew

Thankies, guys. *hugs hugs hugs hugs*

Im glad to hear it, Sweeda. At least shes not being a complete* derp about it. How old is your sister?
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:08 PM   #6562 
Sweeda88

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
Thankies, guys. *hugs hugs hugs hugs*

Im glad to hear it, Sweeda. At least shes not being a complete* derp about it. How old is your sister?
She's 25. She's 2 1/2 years older than I am, but knows next to nothing about fish. I'm glad she felt comfortable coming to me for advice.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:02 PM   #6563 
PewPewPew

I guess there's good within the bad, then :) At least she's willing to. She must care for the fish at least a little, considering she came to you.

I guess its a start, right?
Old 07-30-2011, 11:07 PM   #6564 
Sweeda88

Yeah. I didn't mean she doesn't care about her fish, just that she's clueless. LOL.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:10 PM   #6565 
PewPewPew

Haha, ohhhh clueless people :P
Old 07-30-2011, 11:13 PM   #6566 
Sweeda88

Yep. I'm glad she came to ME. I think if I had tried to force advice on her, it wouldn't have gone very well. xD
Old 07-31-2011, 02:10 AM   #6567 
indjo
TFK Moderator

@OFL: what's a python? I know you're not talking about snakes
How many snails do you need to "clean" a 1g tank .... I still can't figure out how to clean the plants without pulling them out.

@Fightergirl:
Name:  Combined filter system - copy.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  10.5 KB

A : Tank Any size tanks can be used. They can even be different sizes. As long as the top level is the same and the first (pump) and the last tanks big enough for the pump and or filter. You can also use a smaller tank for the end tank and use it only as a filter.

B : Water pump since betas dont need big currents, a small filter can be used as long as it is powerful enough to pump water to the last tank.

C : Filter You can use 1 or 2 filters. Filter 1 is attached to the pump, while filter 2 is placed in the last tank. 1 Filter is adequate if the set up isnt too long.

D : PVC pipes cut and shaped into an upside down U which siphon whatever poop or left over food and relays it to the filter. It also levels the water surface in all the tanks.

E : PVC pipes to pump water to the last tank. Make a hole above each tank so water can flow into each tank.

The arrows shows the water flow
If the water flow is too strong, you can turn off the pumps during feedings.
Im not sure about heaters though because Ive never used them. Perhaps this setup can only be used in warm rooms. Or maybe use heaters in every second tank . Not sure, youd have to test temp. to see how to use them.

@Pew3:
Accidents go with the territory of driving. Your instincts will grow as you gain more experience....... you should try driving in my country, you'd freak out even before you reach the main road.

Parents (mother) yelling their heads off is totally normal. She loves you and doesn't want anything bad to happen to you. And mothers are more paranoid than fathers.

As stated above, no one was hurt.....
indjo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 02:17 AM   #6568 
TheCrysCat

Rant: After all the people I've talked to, why does this random friend with a reputation of being a jerk make me feel so much better? Maybe it was the shock of seeing that he cared about me...
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:34 AM   #6569 
fightergirl2710

@indjo-
I saw a similar idea on an Indian forum, a guy had built it. :D It looks really useful but I think my grandmom would kill me if I started building complicated filter systems in the house hehehe! But when I have my own place, I'm definitely trying something like this! Thanks :)

Driving wise India sucks too, usually people cross the road like they own it and if you hit someone, its always your fault. And guys on bikes are like roaches running around sigh!
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:21 AM   #6570 
dramaqueen
Banned

My brother went to school for a couple of months in India and he said the traffic is terrible.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou