Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-01-2011, 10:49 PM   #6721 
Pitluvs

Just wanted to say thank you guys!! I believe if you WANT advice, take the advice. Don't tell people what advice to give, or tell them how to do it. People come here to learn, not to teach 90% of the board that what they are all doing is wrong because 1 person does it differently. I dunno. There's just been soo many snippy topics where people want help but treat them members like crap while asking for it. Sounds like a guilty conscience to me.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:49 PM   #6722 
TheCrysCat

And I bet he'll have Basch waiting for him <3 and maybe my guy Zekie.

And I agree, Pitluvs.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:03 PM   #6723 
Mew

I'm most likely going to sound like a jerk, but why are there so many threads on how pet stores treat their live animals? We all know and understand that these stores suck. There's no point in spamming this forum with all of those rants!
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:05 PM   #6724 
TheCrysCat

Because new members (not you, just a lot of them in general) see it and think it's something new to talk about. And, there's some overzealous older members. I agree, though. I just steer clear of them, most of the time.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:07 PM   #6725 
Pitluvs

Unless it's something so horrid you guys would never believe it, I won't post it. My stores full of idiots though. And the best part is, my local tropical forum? We're not allowed to say anything bad about pet stores, we have to basically kiss their behinds to keep our discount card (which I haven't received yet). You can get banned for saying one thing wrong about the store. Nice huh? I agree though. But I'm bored, and I'll respond to them :)
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:09 PM   #6726 
TheCrysCat

Well, i never have much to post, because my stores treat the pets fairly well. I mean, the bettas are in cups, but the water is clean.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:24 PM   #6727 
PewPewPew

I agree with ours. I do like to post about what people can do to make those petstores better, though. Usually, when someone has something that actually is relevant in a thread like those, aside from OMG I KNNOOWW! people tend to then let it die.

If theyre not spamming up the wrong board, I dont really mind it. They usually fizzle in a day and dont get many, if any, replies.

A lot of our members are young, too, so its something new to them. Years of walking by murky, sad cups has left us callous and hardened...ish. Except, of course, our rescue buys ;)
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:45 PM   #6728 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
Just wanted to say thank you guys!! I believe if you WANT advice, take the advice. Don't tell people what advice to give, or tell them how to do it. People come here to learn, not to teach 90% of the board that what they are all doing is wrong because 1 person does it differently. I dunno. There's just been soo many snippy topics where people want help but treat them members like crap while asking for it. Sounds like a guilty conscience to me.
I think I just posted in one of the threads you're talking about. The person starts out saying that they didn't want criticsm or anyone telling her she isn't taking care of her fish properly.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:56 PM   #6729 
PewPewPew

The distilled water one? I found that and said something... I came to the forum and did much the same, but in my defense I really was jumped on. It was absurd the lash-out I got, but the member was all of 10 posts strong and brand new. Ugh!

I hope she listens... Sometimes its hard to come into a place with pre-conceived notions, but you've just gotta drop your guard and listen to the good...and sit through the bad/stupid :P
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:32 AM   #6730 
dramaqueen
Banned

No, it wasn't the distilled water one. I'll have to look that one up.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou