Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-04-2011, 10:38 AM   #7121 
PhilipPhish

Yeah.. thanks Kathstew.. your a real big bowl of help and friendliness.

I'm just going to leave then. Can't do anything without someone getting mad or someone telling me I'm a bad person.

Its bad enough at home....

So I'm going to leave and I guess if I have betta questions, people at petco are pretty friendly too.
PhilipPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:43 AM   #7122 
Betta Bug
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipPhish View Post

I'm just going to leave then. Can't do anything without someone getting mad or someone telling me I'm a bad person.

So I'm going to leave and I guess if I have betta questions, people at petco are pretty friendly too.

Don't leave the forum. I think you are a good person
Betta Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:43 AM   #7123 
TheCrysCat

Oh, wow. Seriously? So you're leaving because others disagreed with you and said so. Well, that's what happens when you take rules that are generally accepted on the forum (1 gallon or above, sororities need to be cycled) and then say "Yeah, I don't do them. So what?" What reaction were you expecting to get? I'm sorry that your home life is so bad, but you shouldn't even let what people say on the internet effect your self esteem so much.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:45 AM   #7124 
kathstew

Quote:

Thanks! I am pretty friendly and helpful aren't I? :D
I am helpful towards people who listen. It frustrates me that you continuously didn't follow others advice, yet expect help. We can't help if you don't listen.
If you'd actually listen, I don't care if you stay.

Quote:
So I'm going to leave and I guess if I have betta questions, people at petco are pretty friendly too
Writing something like that makes me not want to answer you even more FYI. :/

I'm sorry if your home life is crappy, but it has nothing to do with this. Absolutely nothing. If you want a pet, you research it. You learn about it. You need to know things before getting a pet. If you don't, how do you expect it to thrive (yes it may survive, but it will not THRIVE)? I have a pretty crappy life, but I don't let interfere with something I took on because I wanted to. I didn't have to take on fish, and neither did you, but you chose to, therefore you should be taking care of it. You have the internet, you have enough resourses to learn how to take care of the fish without needing help from someone at home.

Whatever, I'm done.
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #7125 
Betta Bug
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathstew View Post
Thanks! I am pretty friendly and helpful aren't I? :D
I am helpful towards people who listen. It frustrates me that you continuously didn't follow others advice, yet expect help. We can't help if you don't listen.
If you'd actually listen, I don't care if you stay.

Writing something like that makes me not want to answer you even more FYI. :/

I'm sorry if your home life is crappy, but it has nothing to do with this. Absolutely nothing. If you want a pet, you research it. You learn about it. You need to know things before getting a pet. If you don't, how do you expect it to thrive (yes it may survive, but it will not THRIVE)?

Whatever, I'm done.

I don't think anyone should tell him how to keep his own fish! It is his decision not yours. Before i learned how to keep a betta like you people do i did the same thing as philip! And guess what? My fish lived for three years! no one should tell him how to keep fish! His fish are happy and healthy and that is all that matters. You don't need all those fancy gadgets to keep a fish happy! All you need is love and look you r fish is healthy! Why do you people make every ne get all this stuff! Its burning holes in people's pockets!
Old 08-04-2011, 10:52 AM   #7126 
TheCrysCat

Uh... this is a fish forum. It's kinda common sense; we're going to give advice. If you can't accept that, you shouldn't be on here either.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:52 AM   #7127 
fightergirl2710

@Philipphish- You've taken a responsibility towards those fish, no matter what happens they expect you to take care of them... If you can't takes simple advice from learned people about how to give your fish the best care there is, then there are definitely some problems here... You can leave or you can stay and rise to the occassion.. People here want what's best for your bettas, they KNOW what is best! If you choose to do differently, nobody's stopping you from doing what you want.. Stay or leave.. Learn or stay in the dark..

@bettabug- I love my fish hmm.. I wonder why it died? If you give a child love but no care whatsoever, no education or place to stay, no sweater when it's cold.. How do you propose that child's life would turn out? It might live long, but will it live well?

Last edited by fightergirl2710; 08-04-2011 at 10:55 AM.
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:53 AM   #7128 
youlovegnats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Bug View Post
I don't think anyone should tell him how to keep his own fish! It is his decision not yours. Before i learned how to keep a betta like you people do i did the same thing as philip! And guess what? My fish lived for three years! no one should tell him how to keep fish! His fish are happy and healthy and that is all that matters. You don't need all those fancy gadgets to keep a fish happy! All you need is love and look you r fish is healthy! Why do you people make every ne get all this stuff! Its burning holes in people's pockets!
Wow...absolutely wow...
Those "fancy gadgets" are called HEATERS. Bettas NEED temperatures of 76-80F and that is a HARD FACT. Although it may be his decision to keep fish like he does, we are giving advice on how to make it better.
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:55 AM   #7129 
Betta Bug
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by youlovegnats View Post
Wow...absolutely wow...
Those "fancy gadgets" are called HEATERS. Bettas NEED temperatures of 76-80F and that is a HARD FACT. Although it may be his decision to keep fish like he does, we are giving advice on how to make it better.

a heater is not what i meant by fancy gadget
Old 08-04-2011, 10:56 AM   #7130 
TheCrysCat

"All you need is love?" I'm sorry, but if I'm locked in a closet, starving, no amount of love is going to help. That's just... wow.

Tags
bettathanyou