Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-27-2010, 12:40 AM   #711 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift View Post
CodeRed, I get that every day. XD I either get, well I don't think my dog should be given a steroid shot because I'm one of those crazy holistic dog owners, even though my dog is having a severe allergic reaction! :D Or Well I just don't have the money for that *phone rings* pulls out the newest Ipod/blackberry on the market from super expensive designer purse while dog is wearing a coach collar. Never mind the nice bling said person has on after pulling in parking lot in a Mercedes. >.> Really, I wouldn't be suggesting something to you if it wasn't for the health of your animal.
This applies to many situations. Oh you has no money? Then don't get a pet. You has a question? Then you better listen to me.

Rant: I moved the divider in my tank so now my lid no longer fits right. Sometimes custom things can be a pain in the butt. -_-

I have a neighbor who is exactly like that. She just told us the other day that she had thousands of dollars in her bank account, then poormouths about how she couldn't afford $50 to get her dog groomed. She was upset that the groomer raised his price from $45 to $50.She drives a Lexus, goes on all these cruises and pays most of her daughter's bills and she can't afford an extra $5 for the groomer? Give me a break!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:59 AM   #712 
metalbetta

While watching people accumulating large amounts of stuff,
I looked at the fish tank next to me, then the kritter keeper on my coffee table, then the two on my entertainment center, and the bar.... *sigh*... THANKFULLY those are all of my female bettas and they're going into the big tank. I keep telling myself it's only temporary. What? Me? I'm no hoarder. psht.
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:16 AM   #713 
Capricorn

rant; it's cold. ):
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:35 PM   #714 
1fish2fish

anti-rant: Its FINALLY getting cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its about mid-70s today. I'm hoping that it will continue to get cooler and this isn't just because of the rain.

Rant... Bowie and Lilly need to hurry up and get it on. I'm tired of "will they won't they"!
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:01 PM   #715 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift View Post
CodeRed, I get that every day. XD I either get, well I don't think my dog should be given a steroid shot because I'm one of those crazy holistic dog owners, even though my dog is having a severe allergic reaction! :D Or Well I just don't have the money for that *phone rings* pulls out the newest Ipod/blackberry on the market from super expensive designer purse while dog is wearing a coach collar. Never mind the nice bling said person has on after pulling in parking lot in a Mercedes. >.> Really, I wouldn't be suggesting something to you if it wasn't for the health of your animal.
This applies to many situations. Oh you has no money? Then don't get a pet. You has a question? Then you better listen to me.

Rant: I moved the divider in my tank so now my lid no longer fits right. Sometimes custom things can be a pain in the butt. -_-
The part about the new electronic device made me laugh

rant: it is cold and rainy and now I feel like eeyore. Also my work wants me to work till the 21st of oct. till they can hopefully hire someone before that time. argghh! I am trying to reduce hours ASAP so I don't fail school and so the rest of my hair doesn't fall out due to stress and end up looking like Gollum from LOTR!!! MY WORST NIGHTMARE!I tell my BF at least once a week I am scared I will end up looking like Gollum at some point
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:13 PM   #716 
vaygirl

Rant: That's why I quit working in the vet field. If it wasn't the patient's owners, the doctors drove me bonkers.

After having my head bitten off many times for bringing a phone call diagnosis to a vet, I started just leaving them messages like I was told or telling the client to come in for an emergency visit (250 bucks).

This lady called about a budgie who had a calcium problem and wasn't doing well. I gave her the 'You can come in for an emergency visit right now' routine and of course she was too busy. I left the vet a message and went on about my day. The next day she called and freaked out at me over the phone when no one had gotten back to her. Her budgie had died. I told her I was the one who took the call, I was so sorry, I'd left the doctor her message and that she could have brought the bird in yesterday but it was probably to late by that point.

The doctor talked to her and told her he'd never gotten a message at all, oh he was so sorry. He completely hung me out to dry. Then I got read the riot act for not letting them know right away. I can't tell you how many times I'd come right to them with a call and got yelled at. I'm STILL mad about it, as you can tell.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:24 PM   #717 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Rant: That's why I quit working in the vet field. If it wasn't the patient's owners, the doctors drove me bonkers.
I worked as an uncertified vet tech for 4 yrs. This is why I'd rather be a wildlife biologist and work with wild animals than become a vet and work with insane pet owners and prissy dr's. It is also why, although I hope to eventually get a vet tech certification, it is only so I have a back up job in bad economic times
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:02 PM   #718 
Learn To Fly

Anti-rant:

I get to borrow school's nice camera over the weekend so that means amazing pictures of the fish :D
Learn To Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 04:25 PM   #719 
nochoramet

Rant: I hate this weather. It's cold, cold cold then warms up in the afternoon. I'm getting sick due to the temperature changes. I just want it to be hot all year long. I miss summer :(
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:14 PM   #720 
CodeRed

I lowered Devin's water some, and seems to love it o.o; Much more active.
But now Vulcan has taken a turn for the worse. His eye is popping out =S It's got a weird glint in it... He's my tumor boy, so I think the time has come to put him out of his ... not quite pain, but then, what do I know? The tumor covers about 1/4 of one side of his body, and is creeping over his back. He's had the tumor for a little under a year... I'd say he's had a good, long life so far, especially for how bad his tumor is.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou