Old 09-27-2010, 06:18 PM   #721 
Betta Slave

I'm so tired today... blargh.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:25 PM   #722 
Drift

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
I worked as an uncertified vet tech for 4 yrs. This is why I'd rather be a wildlife biologist and work with wild animals than become a vet and work with insane pet owners and prissy dr's. It is also why, although I hope to eventually get a vet tech certification, it is only so I have a back up job in bad economic times
I'm uncertified. Where I live it's just not worth it to go to school. People are still choosing experience over schooling for the most part. I've been in the field since I was 14 so I got a head start on everyone. ;)
I work with some awesome Doctors currently. Every once in a while they can get snotty, but so can I. Haha! So it's a fair balance. I have worked for some very rude Dr's in the past. I've worked with some clients who I thought were going to punch me in the face, but then I have clients who go " Oh I'm so glad you work tonight, Fluffy loves you!" Mostly people just "whatever" me though.
I'm looking for a new career though, just because I make as much as Petco employee does. =/ No Vet Tech's do not make money. No our rising costs are not to pay us more, they're to match the rising costs of medical supplies. Ugh. I wish people would understand this more than anything.

Rant: I really hate that I work at a faster pace and never get recognized for all that I do. Yet someone who can be much slower than I and more frequently makes mistakes gets glorified. For once I really want someone to just thank me for what I do. :(
Anti-rant: I bought these little cheap $2 stuffed toy for my dogs and they love them. Ahaha! And My mom bought a heater for her Betta. :) I had a 5 gallon for him, but we returned it because it ended up being broken. Ugh. Poor boy will be stuck in his 2g for now.
Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:11 AM   #723 
BlueHaven

Dramatic gollum mode: -writhing on floor-

Serious note:
Don't mind my weirdness above, I have an odd sense of humor.
My computer is trying to imprison me! Well, the security is. The past couple of weeks it's been denying me my rights to upload pictures anywhere! Not youtube, deviantart, email, and not here. I tried messing around with it and even fixing what I found to be the problem and it still does not work.
I'm about to go on strike and uninstall my internet security thing just so I can do that and then reinstall it. But that takes a lot of time and I think that just means i'm too addicted to the computer. Hmm.......I can't even change my avatar!!!

Happy rant:
I have a new crowntail betta, he's so pretty and funny. He is a marbled pastel and I call him Shimmy. Well, I think his name is Sparx (Spyro's dragonfly friend) but Shimmy I call him because he wiggles up and down occasionally when swimming, it's so cute.
I have him his own 3 gallon home with heater and filter, but while I'm setting it up he is in Autumn's 6 gallon with a divider. Those two act have been staring eachother down, flaring once in a while and other times, acting curious and friendly. It's funny cause Autumn flared at him the other day in dominance and he flared back and turned around facing the opposite direction. She moved on to looking at something else and he turned back to see if she was still looking at him and swam off to the coconut cave.
Thai is having fun in his new 5 gallon home. He'll pop his fins out sometimes when he sees the other two and the other day he looked like he was deliberately trying to be funny (or maybe that was just my view, haha), staring at his tiny reflection on the thermometer for a whole minute.
I think I have an artsy betta here, as he tends to make random designs with his bubble nest. It's so cool.
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:48 AM   #724 
Capricorn

Ugh, just as Nettle's tail was ALMOST done regrowing, I caught him taking a chunk out of it last night.. just my luck. e.e I distracted him before he did too much damage, but still.. was SO close to having it fully regrown. :/
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 01:15 PM   #725 
vaygirl

My girlfriend went from vet tech to working for a pharmaceutical company. She takes care of their monkeys now but she used to do the small mammals. There's money there but I don't know how she does it. I wouldn't be able to do it. It would break my heart.

I was just a receptionist. Low man on totem pole. :P
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 02:02 PM   #726 
ThePearlFish

I am a kennel worker right now at a vet clinic. the lowest man ever on the totem pole :( and the pay isn't all that for the work I do either. $7.50/hr. starting pay not nice. she was like since I know you have experience with animals I'll start you off at 7.50 instead of 7.25 where we normally start our kennel workers at. like.. wth?? give me 8.00 at LEAST already! I am not even finished with my probationary period yet :(
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:13 AM   #727 
1fish2fish

Ugh.. I emailed Bettysplendens about a fish and she still hasn't gotten back to me. I really like this guy but I want a sib female also. I'm going to try emailing her one more time, after that I'm not going to bother. He's not that worth it. Frankly I think the prices she's charging for these fish are ridiculous. $75 for a pair?? Really, come on. I'm sorry she's leaving but honestly I can get better fish for half the price.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 01:25 AM   #728 
metalbetta

Rant:
I. AM. SO. SORE.

Like my whole freaking body is just in pain. Pulled a double shift at the restaurant on maybe about 5 hours of sleep. Wasn't too thrilled about it. Though tonight was my first night serving! Went much better than expected but OWW!
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:06 AM   #729 
Drift

I worked Kennel when I was younger and always made minimum wage and never got recognition for all that I did. I know exactly how that can be. =/ I can't say it never got better until I became a tech and that is not a whole lot at all.

Rant: Thank you construction workers for slamming things onto your trailer in front of my house and waking me up on the one day I get to sleep in. T_T
Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:12 AM   #730 
Capricorn

Ugh, that's lame, 1fish. :/

I had a rant, but I forgot what it was.. e.e
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou