Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-07-2011, 12:05 AM   #7431 
dramaqueen
Banned

Aww, you guys are so nice. And funny, too! lol You guys always give me my laugh for the day.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:24 AM   #7432 
CodeRed

Not feeling good, eh... Whenever I get sick I usually get some nasty depression with it. Yippee.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:25 AM   #7433 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm sorry, CodeRed. I hope you feel better soon.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:25 AM   #7434 
TheCrysCat

I think I ate too much jello >.<
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:26 AM   #7435 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm drinking too much tea.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:27 AM   #7436 
TheCrysCat

What kind?
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:28 AM   #7437 
fishcurl

<customer service rant>

Normally I'm okay with mediocre customer service. I'd prefer nicer, but I understand when someone has a bad day. However, when EVERYONE in your store is about as helpful and friendly as a pile of garbage, I get really steamed.

First clue: I phoned the store looking for a part. The fellow who answered the phone couldn't care less. Was short and brusque. Made it out to be a big deal that he had to go look to see if they had it. Finally tells me they have an assortment of the parts and the price range (after much prodding).

Okay, fine. Maybe he was having a bad day. Maybe it was busy in there.

Second clue: I go in to the store. There's about a dozen employees, maybe 1 customer. Phones weren't ringing. It was painfully quiet. Everyone is standing around. So I choose the nearest service desk and greet the first guy there. No smile, big sighs, acted like I was an inconvenience. Gave me the general location of where the items were but made no offer to walk the 20 feet to take me there.

Okay, fine. Maybe he's not allowed to leave his desk.

I find only ONE part. I'm a little ticked because I was given to understand that there would be a few to choose from. I decide not to go back to Mr. Unhappy Pants and instead approach a girl sitting behind another counter.

After avoiding my gaze as long as possible, I started to open my mouth and she cut me off. "I'm just a cashier, I don't know anything." Ooookay. I try anyways. I've worked as a cashier before and you start to know where things are. "I don't know anything" was all the response I got before she pointedly ignored me and went back to whatever it was she was doing.

*sigh*

At this point I just want to get out of there. The part that I found was a bit more money than I wanted to spend, but I just wanted to be done with it. When you have a family and commitments, you just can't drive around town all day.

The on-duty cashier wasn't any friendlier. Brusque, no smiles, didn't respond to my "how are you today?" opening line.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! !!!!

I left with the most awful impression of a store that I've had in a long time.

It was so bad that I'm considering writing a letter to the manager and the owner of the chain. I don't think I've ever been so atrociously treated. And this wasn't the first time, either. The first time I went, I chalked it up to employee having a bad day. I like giving chances.

And it's not like I'm "one of those" customers. I'm polite, courteous, understanding, I treat employees like human beings, I smile, and so on. I worked retail for a time so I know what it's like to be treated like crud from customers. I like to be as good a customer as I can be. So is it too much to ask that I get treated with a little bit of respect in return???

Anyways. That's my vent for the day. I'm still ticked about it. I hate complaining in letter form because it's a hassle and it's just keeping the ticked-offness alive. But I may just write that letter anyways. Because I'm still that ticked.

</end rant>
fishcurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:29 AM   #7438 
1fish2fish

I want something to drink... but I forgot to make some water (have to use a brita pitcher because tap tastes awful here) and I dont' have any juice or anything... poo. Gonna have to drink the nasty tap water.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 12:35 AM   #7439 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishcurl View Post
<customer service rant>

Normally I'm okay with mediocre customer service. I'd prefer nicer, but I understand when someone has a bad day. However, when EVERYONE in your store is about as helpful and friendly as a pile of garbage, I get really steamed.

First clue: I phoned the store looking for a part. The fellow who answered the phone couldn't care less. Was short and brusque. Made it out to be a big deal that he had to go look to see if they had it. Finally tells me they have an assortment of the parts and the price range (after much prodding).

Okay, fine. Maybe he was having a bad day. Maybe it was busy in there.

Second clue: I go in to the store. There's about a dozen employees, maybe 1 customer. Phones weren't ringing. It was painfully quiet. Everyone is standing around. So I choose the nearest service desk and greet the first guy there. No smile, big sighs, acted like I was an inconvenience. Gave me the general location of where the items were but made no offer to walk the 20 feet to take me there.

Okay, fine. Maybe he's not allowed to leave his desk.

I find only ONE part. I'm a little ticked because I was given to understand that there would be a few to choose from. I decide not to go back to Mr. Unhappy Pants and instead approach a girl sitting behind another counter.

After avoiding my gaze as long as possible, I started to open my mouth and she cut me off. "I'm just a cashier, I don't know anything." Ooookay. I try anyways. I've worked as a cashier before and you start to know where things are. "I don't know anything" was all the response I got before she pointedly ignored me and went back to whatever it was she was doing.

*sigh*

At this point I just want to get out of there. The part that I found was a bit more money than I wanted to spend, but I just wanted to be done with it. When you have a family and commitments, you just can't drive around town all day.

The on-duty cashier wasn't any friendlier. Brusque, no smiles, didn't respond to my "how are you today?" opening line.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! !!!!

I left with the most awful impression of a store that I've had in a long time.

It was so bad that I'm considering writing a letter to the manager and the owner of the chain. I don't think I've ever been so atrociously treated. And this wasn't the first time, either. The first time I went, I chalked it up to employee having a bad day. I like giving chances.

And it's not like I'm "one of those" customers. I'm polite, courteous, understanding, I treat employees like human beings, I smile, and so on. I worked retail for a time so I know what it's like to be treated like crud from customers. I like to be as good a customer as I can be. So is it too much to ask that I get treated with a little bit of respect in return???

Anyways. That's my vent for the day. I'm still ticked about it. I hate complaining in letter form because it's a hassle and it's just keeping the ticked-offness alive. But I may just write that letter anyways. Because I'm still that ticked.

</end rant>
I would definitely write a letter. It's wierd that everyone you talkeed to was like that.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:40 AM   #7440 
1fish2fish

I'd write a letter too.

Although I have to admit. I work in customer service and I WILL be short with you if you act like as you said "one of those" customers to me. I DO NOT have to show respect just because I'm forced to work some low end job to make ends meet and you are the almighty customer. EVERYONE deserves respect and to treat someone like they're nothing because they work in food/retail is disgusting.

BTW.. I'm not saying you did that.. jsut wanted to make that clear :)
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou