Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-07-2011, 02:54 PM   #7491 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romad View Post
That's tough. I had the same experience with the bee on the car seat thing. I saw it come it while I was driving, lost track of it but figured it went back out the window until I leaned back in the seat. YOWSER!!

The cheek must have hurt pretty badly :(
I think it actually bounced off the seat and smacked my back. it was during the summer and I was wearing a tank top so it managed to land directly on skin >_< cheek I was pretty young and I think I got too close to a nest, I ran inside and my dad was putting something on it and I feel this stabbing pain to my head and part my hair a little to see what it was and there's one stuck there going at my head, I remember screaming very loudly, lol

oh yeah, speaking of sting horror stories, I had a former neighbor kid that managed to get stung on both of her eyelids, her eyes were pretty much swollen shut >_<
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #7492 
vaygirl

I just went out and squatted very quietly by the deck. Can't ask Steve to take another for the team. I could see them coming and going. They're yellow jackets and they have a nest under the deck. I'll be calling an exterminator tomorrow. It's my own fault for leaving wood under there.

Seriously yellow jackets are the nastiest little 'you know whats' out there. I accidentally sprayed into one of their nests with a hose once when i as 20 and I got stung twice, my grandmother twice. We ran in the house and saw them out there attacking the hose.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:00 PM   #7493 
Tisia

OH! can't forget this one!!!
nest of yellow jackets ate their way through the wall and into our house several years ago. of course I was home alone as they swarmed all over the living room >_< I didn't manage to get stung that time, but was pretty freaked out
Old 08-07-2011, 03:10 PM   #7494 
fightergirl2710

D: Sounds like a horror movie! We had locusts all over our house once, very gross..
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:13 PM   #7495 
Neil D

O.O
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #7496 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightergirl2710 View Post
D: Sounds like a horror movie! We had locusts all over our house once, very gross..
I remember running through the house with a can of bug spray so I could grab a book from my room to read while I sat outside and waited for the exterminator to arrive, lol

don't think I've ever seen a locust in real life, lol
Old 08-07-2011, 03:53 PM   #7497 
fightergirl2710

I couldn't see them individually, they were this huge mass O.o We opened all the windows and my grandma and I left while my grandpa attempted to steer them out with a broom lol!
Old 08-07-2011, 03:59 PM   #7498 
TheCrysCat

That's scary 0__0 We get scorpions, which are UGLY and their stings hurt like no one's business, but you'll live as long as you're not allergic.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:23 PM   #7499 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisia View Post
I think it actually bounced off the seat and smacked my back. it was during the summer and I was wearing a tank top so it managed to land directly on skin >_< cheek I was pretty young and I think I got too close to a nest, I ran inside and my dad was putting something on it and I feel this stabbing pain to my head and part my hair a little to see what it was and there's one stuck there going at my head, I remember screaming very loudly, lol

oh yeah, speaking of sting horror stories, I had a former neighbor kid that managed to get stung on both of her eyelids, her eyes were pretty much swollen shut >_<
Agh!I got stung on one of my eyelids when I was 7. I haven't been stung by a bee since then though. scorpions however....Those things are always getting me!
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:25 PM   #7500 
fightergirl2710

I kill scorpions with high heel shoes lol! My sister hit me once for killing it with her platform.. She was the one wanting it dead.. was like, "hey you have to make sacrifices :P"

She's the one killing roaches though, I'm terrified of them!

Tags
bettathanyou