Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-04-2010, 01:20 AM   #811 
Capricorn

It's just like how I hate when someone asks for help, you give them advice, and then they decide they're going to do it their own way anyways. "Should I get him a heater?" "Well yes, you should." "Well I don't feel like buying one, he'll be fine."

It's all you can do to help out where you can.. the best we can offer is insight to help those that are willing to learn.
Capricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:24 AM   #812 
metalbetta

someone: "Something's wrong with my bettas! I'm really worried! Here's some pics. btw how do I know when they're ready to breed?"

me: "Are they really in that small tank together? You should separate them ASAP!"

someone: "How do I know when they're ready to lay eggs? and why there's a layer of bubbles on the water?? I'm really worried!"

me: "Unless you separate them they wont be ready."

someone: "well you're not helping!"

...what... why... *facepalm*
metalbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:53 AM   #813 
dramaqueen
Banned

lol! One time on here 2 years ago someone posted "help! My female jumped out of her tank! What do I do? To which another member replied "Put her back in the water. " lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:18 AM   #814 
metalbetta

Gah, people... lol.

(At the restaurant, after the family's finished with their meal. This kid is easily over 10 years old)

Kid: I want a balloon.

Me: We don't have any up here right now, but I'd be happy to go blow one up for you!

Kid: What colors you got?

Me: We have red and green. Which color would you like?

Kid: I want blue.

Me: sorry, I can only get you either a red or a green one.

Kid: Blue!

Me: *repeatedly bashing head into host stand in my mind* I don't have any blue balloons.

Kid: Fine I'll take red.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:57 AM   #815 
dramaqueen
Banned

lol! What part of 'we don't have blue" did he not understand!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:11 AM   #816 
ThePearlFish

ROFL!

Rant: why is it soo colddd! and wet outside? grumbles..
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:13 PM   #817 
vaygirl

Working in the service industry is the WORST. I remember working as a hostess one time on Penny per Pound day (kids meals cost what the child weighed). Those days were madhouses. We had over a half hour wait going and I had a group of 6 that had been there for probably 20 minutes. A couple came in and after about 10 minutes we were able to put them at small table for two. The guy from the 6 comes up and starts yelling and ranting about how he was there first. I had to do the same voice I imagine metalbetta had: I told him, "If you'd like me to try and fit your 6 at a small table for two, I can certainly try. Would you like me to do that?" At this point you're talking through your teeth and trying to hang on to your sanity. I think I was 18 at the time.

We want to serve you and we want to seat you. We don't want you standing there staring at us, TRUST me. But there are so many things going on behind the scenes. Slammed, backed up kitchens, waitresses who have a cow if you double seat them (seat more then one table at a time), rivalries, SLOOOOOOOOW busboys. I really, really hated it and my family had restaurants my whole life.

Generally people are a nightmare. I guess that's my point. Especially hungry people. :P
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:39 PM   #818 
wallywestisthebest333

Trolls. =/ Trolls and my stupidity and poor planning skills. =[
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #819 
metalbetta

I heard a story from the host staff the from my night off about how a party with (I think) 7 kids and 5 adults and they demanded a table right away. The host said "We're looking for an area for us to set something up for you, we'll try to get you in as soon as we can" ... to which the guest replied "but my kids are hungry! We need a table NOW!"

...Lady take your hungry kids somewhere else then. BK is across the street. Welcome to America. There is an abundance of food. Your starving children don't need Applebee's to survive.
Old 10-04-2010, 03:46 PM   #820 
CodeRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbetta View Post
someone: "Something's wrong with my bettas! I'm really worried! Here's some pics. btw how do I know when they're ready to breed?"

me: "Are they really in that small tank together? You should separate them ASAP!"

someone: "How do I know when they're ready to lay eggs? and why there's a layer of bubbles on the water?? I'm really worried!"

me: "Unless you separate them they wont be ready."

someone: "well you're not helping!"

...what... why... *facepalm*
I remember this one XD Oh my goodness ^_^

As my rant of the day:

My friends are splitting down the middle :S Like, 3 or 4 of them either ignore or harass the one (We'll call M), so me and another chick (We'll call R) stick up for M. It's really making this uncomfortable for M to sit at the table, but our school got 100 new students over the summer, so lunch is PACKED. NO where to sit. This was a school built for less than 1000 people, we've got about.... maybe 2,500 in it.

And then they went and built a new Jr High School (2 grades versus our 4) that is BIGGER than the current High School. And you wonder why there's such a friction between Jr High and High School?? It's because you gave half a many students twice as much room! -headdesk- WHO RUNS OUR SCHOOL? I want to file a complaint -.-;

Anyways, since we can't move tables, it's Me, R, and M, versus 4 other people, with like... a very uncomfortable silence between the groups.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou