Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-17-2011, 07:16 PM   #8641 
Betta Slave

Sorry, Sweeda D:

So my grandma's actually gone a few steps back... she isn't able to swallow or anything and her slurred speech isn't getting any better... Do not like strokes. >:d

And a much smaller, insignificant rant- I'm going to have trouble back-to-school shopping with my mom this Saturday. She's decided she's going to add some color to my wardrobe. Wow, that makes me sound really gothy- but I'm not fond of bright colors. Right now all I have are blacks, navy blues, and light greys, really. She keeps saying that acceptance of everyone, regardless of style, etc. is important and yet she complains about my punkiness. . Argh. And I came in wearing mascara and extremely faded eye-liner yesterday and she said I was wearing too much eye-makeup! Excuse me? You wear way more than I do!!
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:18 PM   #8642 
TheCrysCat

Rant: I think I know what's been shredding Powder's fins Dx The intake in his filter is a grated cylinder shape, and I think that's it's been pulling little bits of his fins in. Either that, or he shreds them from swimming around so much.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:25 PM   #8643 
dragonflie

Rant...GERD, I hate it.
dragonflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:29 PM   #8644 
PewPewPew

Rant:

WHY DOES THIS MOVIE IM WATCHING HAVE MEN IN ONLY ASHLESS (lol) CHAPS?!?!? WHYYYYYYY

D8 Im so sad, puzzled and horrified. But I know* what this is, but cant recall.

DANGIT
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:33 PM   #8645 
dragonflie

woke me up in the middle of the night choking on my own stomach acid, and I know it was my own fault. But DARNNIT THE FAMOUS AMOS COOKIES WERE CALLING ME, it could not be helped!
Old 08-17-2011, 07:42 PM   #8646 
xswornxoffxjello

haha, I love languages. xD I wish I could have taken more, but stupid budget cuts...gah.

I'm sorry about your grandma, Betta Slave. :(

Does anyone know how to "break up" with a friend? Or at least tell her to back off? My LDS friend is still calling me her "project" and I feel very uncomfortable. I enjoy her company when she's not talking about her religion, but she keeps pressuring me to convert and come to all her church meetings. I've told her that I don't want to be part of her religion, but she doesn't stop. 8(
xswornxoffxjello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:46 PM   #8647 
Sweeda88

Quote:
Originally Posted by xswornxoffxjello View Post
haha, I love languages. xD I wish I could have taken more, but stupid budget cuts...gah.

I'm sorry about your grandma, Betta Slave. :(

Does anyone know how to "break up" with a friend? Or at least tell her to back off? My LDS friend is still calling me her "project" and I feel very uncomfortable. I enjoy her company when she's not talking about her religion, but she keeps pressuring me to convert and come to all her church meetings. I've told her that I don't want to be part of her religion, but she doesn't stop. 8(
One time, I had to cut off ALL communication with a friend. It was the only way to get her out of my life. She still calls every few months even though it's been over 2 years, but I NEVER answer. It seems that every time I think she's given up, she calls again. The funny thing is, and this may make me sound crazy, I always have a dream before she calls. It's like I know to dread it. xD So, just cut off communication with her if she won't leave you alone.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:47 PM   #8648 
1fish2fish

I have GERD too Dragonflie... have you tried Gavascon (sp?) it's like a heavier version of tums. It is the ONLY thing that helps me.

When I first found out I had it I was a senior in high school. My chest had hurt al day and got progressively worse... to the point where my Mom made me sleep with her because she was worried I might be having a heart attack or something. They took me to the hospital in the morning when it hadn't gone away and they gave me the yucky green mylanta mix and boom.. all better. Now I keep gavascon on me at all times.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:52 PM   #8649 
dragonflie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
I have GERD too Dragonflie... have you tried Gavascon (sp?) it's like a heavier version of tums. It is the ONLY thing that helps me.

When I first found out I had it I was a senior in high school. My chest had hurt al day and got progressively worse... to the point where my Mom made me sleep with her because she was worried I might be having a heart attack or something. They took me to the hospital in the morning when it hadn't gone away and they gave me the yucky green mylanta mix and boom.. all better. Now I keep gavascon on me at all times.
Indeed I have not, I will keep that in mind.

I had never even had heartburn a day in my life until late pregnancy with my son. Now I get mild heartburn on and off, and that I can handle; but the severe nighttime episodes where I aspirate the acid is horrible beyond imagining. :( Last night was only the second time that has happened in the last 7 years but I want to do everything I can to keep it from happening again. It is scary.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:54 PM   #8650 
xswornxoffxjello

Yes...I've thought about that. I really don't want to hurt her feelings, though. I know that sounds against everything I just said, but...she just won't give up. I may have to try that, Sweeda. :(
xswornxoffxjello is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou