Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-17-2011, 08:28 PM   #8651 
vaygirl

You have to firmly but politely tell her you won't be converting. No matter how much she wants to succeed. It sounds more like she wants to do it so she can say she did then to do it because you're passionate about it. You are no one's project.

In a way I understand. My Mom is catholic and I'm not into it. She manages to bring it up in every conversation. I fully support her and I even bought her a book on making her own altar at home for Mother's Day. But I'm not interested. I've told her, she keeps trying. I just smile and listen. But she's my MOM. I have to. You don't have to do anything that makes you uncomfortable. :D

OR, just tell her you've started practicing Wicca. Maybe she'll disappear? :P (justkiddin'!)
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:43 PM   #8652 
PewPewPew

Nono, flying spaghetti monster.

Thats what I say to those who come to my door. Stunned, they give me time to close the door >:D
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:46 PM   #8653 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by xswornxoffxjello View Post
haha, I love languages. xD I wish I could have taken more, but stupid budget cuts...gah.

I'm sorry about your grandma, Betta Slave. :(

Does anyone know how to "break up" with a friend? Or at least tell her to back off? My LDS friend is still calling me her "project" and I feel very uncomfortable. I enjoy her company when she's not talking about her religion, but she keeps pressuring me to convert and come to all her church meetings. I've told her that I don't want to be part of her religion, but she doesn't stop. 8(
Politely tell her you are comfortable how you are and have no intention of converting and if she wants to stay friends, she needs to respect that and stop trying. My LDS friend in HS was the same way. She wasn't as pushy but she did try to convert me. Sorry, not gonna happen.

Betta Slave, I'm so sorry about your grandmother. Strokes are scary things. My mom had one a few years ago. It was mild but it was also a huge reminder that these happens suddenly. I'll be thinking about you.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:48 PM   #8654 
PewPewPew

Whats LDS? :<
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:55 PM   #8655 
Sakura8

Church of Christ Latter Day Saints. Mormons.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:59 PM   #8656 
bahamut285

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
Nono, flying spaghetti monster.

Thats what I say to those who come to my door. Stunned, they give me time to close the door >:D
I...I legitimately LOL'd really loudly just IMAGINING you doing this to anybody, ROFLMAO

Rant: I'm either doing it wrong, or duct tape isn't helping me fix my camera's battery bay. NO PICS FOR A WHILE *SADFACE* :C
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:02 PM   #8657 
TheCrysCat

Tell her that you really enjoy your friendship with her, but talking about religion makes you uncomfortable and if she continues you won't want to hang out with her anymore. If she can't accept that, then, well... fooey.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:02 PM   #8658 
Sakura8

No pics? Awww. One time long ago, my mom was expecting a close friend to come. Well, while she was getting dressed, the doorbell rang. My mom, in her underwear only, went to the door to let her friend in. Turned out they were Jehovah's Witnesses. The women's eyes got really big and they said, "Oh dear, looks like we caught you at a bad time!" and they turned and just about ran for it. Never really had a problem with Jehovah's Witnesses since . . .

Edit: No one tell my mom I shared this story. She'll kill me. :)
Old 08-17-2011, 09:20 PM   #8659 
tsoto80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
No pics? Awww. One time long ago, my mom was expecting a close friend to come. Well, while she was getting dressed, the doorbell rang. My mom, in her underwear only, went to the door to let her friend in. Turned out they were Jehovah's Witnesses. The women's eyes got really big and they said, "Oh dear, looks like we caught you at a bad time!" and they turned and just about ran for it. Never really had a problem with Jehovah's Witnesses since . . .

Edit: No one tell my mom I shared this story. She'll kill me. :)
Think I'll try this lol

I usually just hide in my house until they go away
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:40 PM   #8660 
Neil D

Pewpewpew, after you say that, will you add a "huhuhu"?
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou