Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-18-2011, 05:23 PM   #8701 
diablo13

This is a really nice forum, really helpful people, and fighter makes a good point that people get carried away with passion and may come across as rude....
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:26 PM   #8702 
fightergirl2710

These people should go see my Indian foum.. Those people will put you down for half the things you say.. No nice betta, they say Oh, his caudal edge is wrong -__- and they give you wrong info and stand by it! And sometimes if people want to know whats wrong with their fish, their answers include.. Google feshwater dip or quarantine! or dude dats itch! X(
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:30 PM   #8703 
diablo13

Wow, that's a weird forum :/ I asked my dad about his friends old fishtank, and he said his friend wants his GPS and he could trade it! Yes.....my plan is forming, MUHAHA!!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 05:38 PM   #8704 
fightergirl2710

Hehehe congrats! and yeah it is.. I wonder if its because 99% of them are guys and all their egos keep clashing... :/
Old 08-18-2011, 05:41 PM   #8705 
diablo13

Ego....Ego......you mean the thing I have none of? XD ya, that would suck.......not for the guys, though!
Old 08-18-2011, 05:44 PM   #8706 
fightergirl2710

:P Lol! Please all dudes (at least Indian ones) have huge egos! Oh and no respect for women X(
Old 08-18-2011, 05:46 PM   #8707 
bahamut285

@DQ: Yes I know there are many people (thankfully the majority) who come here to learn and actually LISTEN to our advice. Which I am more than happy to answer a hundred times over.

I think other members have pointed this out but it gets quite annoying when people ask relatively simple questions in the ER thread about their fish, meanwhile they miss the questionnaire sticky, OR EVEN BETTER: They don't see DarkMoon's TWO stickies about general illnesses. Unless your problem is out of the ordinary (i.e. fin rot so bad it looks like acid is melting their fins off) or you have already followed DarkMoon's advice and it's not getting better, other than...I dunno...moral support? I don't see why we need (on average) 4-5 threads weekly about fin rot.

Also people posting in the wrong section. I don't remember who it was but somebody posted that their fish had fin rot in the CONTEST section.

There's a difference between people new to the forum/new to fish keeping and just plain ol' DUMMIES. Also NO, "being younger" doesn't give them an excuse or cop-out. We have PLENTY of younger members on this forum who can conduct themselves above and beyond their age.

I have NO time for people like this:
- OMG HELP MI WIF MY FISH! I DNNO WUTS WRON WIF HYM!! :(((((( *gives no info*
- *has a problem with water quality and now fin rot* I can't get a bigger tank or do more water changes because of <insert lame reason> OR HE'S LIVED IN THAT 0.1 GALLON ALL HIS LIFE HE'S FINE AND HAPPY
- People who get 100000 bettas but can't afford to give them proper homes with heaters
- People who want to start sororities who have little or no knowledge of keeping ONE.
- People who purchase incompatible tankmates then wonder what went wrong (and complain bitterly) even after being warned
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:54 PM   #8708 
fightergirl2710

Quote:
I have NO time for people like this:
- OMG HELP MI WIF MY FISH! I DNNO WUTS WRON WIF HYM!! :(((((( *gives no info*
- *has a problem with water quality and now fin rot* I can't get a bigger tank or do more water changes because of <insert lame reason> OR HE'S LIVED IN THAT 0.1 GALLON ALL HIS LIFE HE'S FINE AND HAPPY
- People who get 100000 bettas but can't afford to give them proper homes with heaters
- People who want to start sororities who have little or no knowledge of keeping ONE.
- People who purchase incompatible tankmates then wonder what went wrong (and complain bitterly) even after being warned
Lol! Funny, sad and true. -__-
Old 08-18-2011, 05:55 PM   #8709 
JKfish

Bahamut, you just listed all the things that make my head hurt when I get on here (espically the lack of grammar and spelling and the heater issue -_-)

but the noobs will be noobs. I mean, I first came here because my first betta had finrot. I had no idea what finrot was or how to heal it, so I made a thread, and people were nice enough to help. It could be that they honestly aren't experienced in knowing what is what, and finrot could freak them out and make them think it is something horrible. Besides, if it is due to a small tank and improper conditions, then that can also be corrected, where as if they were just to read a bit, getting a better set up might not stick with them as much compared to half the forum beating it into their head with passionate words of wisdom.

Rant: My psysics teacher lacks the ability to teach without confusing the whole entire class.

Last edited by JKfish; 08-18-2011 at 05:57 PM.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:57 PM   #8710 
Sweeda88

I got a pain medication and a strong anti-inflammatory from my doctor. Here's hoping it helps!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou