Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-24-2011, 11:12 PM   #9261 
Sakura8

My bettas are definitely therapeutic. When they're not busy making me worry. XD
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:16 PM   #9262 
CodeRed

I go through some pretty extreme bouts of depression and I'm very much a recluse. Seems to come with being an animal lover lol.

Got a really bad headache. Hoping it clears up before tomorrow, don't want to miss school in the first week...
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:22 PM   #9263 
dramaqueen
Banned

For me, the fish and this forum are therapeutic. I think I've always had underlying depression but it all came to the surface this time last year. It's amazing how some people think it's all a bunch of baloney, that you're lazy, don't want to take responsibility for stuff, etc.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:28 PM   #9264 
CodeRed

It sucks doesn't it DQ?? I'm sorry you're going through it ): I missed about 18 days of school last year because of it and other illnesses. Everyone just told me I was just skipping :/ Excuse me?? I think I know myself, and I definitely wasn't.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:52 PM   #9265 
fishcurl

I came to rant and instead I've found kindred spirits :o

I've wrestled with depression and anxiety for as long as I can remember. Eventually I was diagnosed in my early twenties and have been receiving treatment ever since. I still have good times and bad times. The bad times are the worse because outside relationships suffer and I can't tell them why. I know I could explain, but it's the stigma that's attached to it that I can't bear.

DQ - you've hit the nail on the head - a lot of people think that way and it sucks. Nobody can truly understand unless they've gone through it themselves.
fishcurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:00 AM   #9266 
CodeRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishcurl View Post
I know I could explain, but it's the stigma that's attached to it that I can't bear.
This x1000. Why is it when you tell someone you have depression that they automatically assume the worst?? It makes it very hard to actually tell someone that you have it!
Old 08-25-2011, 12:04 AM   #9267 
Sakura8

*group hug* So this is why I feel so at home here. Kindred spirits and people who understand depression and anxiety without condemning it.
Old 08-25-2011, 12:15 AM   #9268 
fightergirl2710

I want hugs too.. I'm so happy there are people I can relate to here.. I had small case of bipolar disorder when I was younger.. Not a happy time.
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:30 AM   #9269 
dramaqueen
Banned

It does suck. Some days I have no energy and just don't feel like doing anything. I've only been to the pool 3 times this year. I used to go every day! My mom flipped her lid when the dr put me on medication. I was having to do pretty much everything for her after her back surgery. She said I just didn't want to act like an adult and take adult responsibility like cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc. It wasn't that I didn't want to, I couldn't because I had no energy! I wanted to sleep all the time, especially after starting the meds.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:37 AM   #9270 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightergirl2710 View Post
I want hugs too.. I'm so happy there are people I can relate to here.. I had small case of bipolar disorder when I was younger.. Not a happy time.
*huuug* No, I can imagine it wasn't happy at all.