Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-25-2011, 06:46 AM   #9281 
tsoto80

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
Yep, we killed the ozone layer.

I also used Aussie Scrunch Spray. <3 Biiiiig hair!

Storm video was cool!
Is that pic from the 80s? I dont know what it is but I just LOOOVE 80s music. (Im not being sarcastic) Everyone thinks I am weird for listening to it lol
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:04 AM   #9282 
dragonflie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsoto80 View Post
Is that pic from the 80s? I dont know what it is but I just LOOOVE 80s music. (Im not being sarcastic) Everyone thinks I am weird for listening to it lol
Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

Here in my car
I can only receive
I can listen to you
It keeps me stable for days
In cars
dragonflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:54 AM   #9283 
tsoto80

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflie View Post
Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

Here in my car
I can only receive
I can listen to you
It keeps me stable for days
In cars
Forgot about that song! Listening to it on YouTube now! I will probley spend the next hour or so listening to the 80s!
tsoto80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:54 AM   #9284 
Sakura8

I don't remember, were New Kids on the Block big in the 80's or 90's? I just remember they were huge when I was in 2-3rd grade. That and MC Hammer. I was a very strange kid. While all my pals were listening to the cool music of the time, like NKotB, I was listening to Johnny Mathis. o.O

DQ, yes, I understand the thinking thing all too well. I hate the unknown so I always start planning replies to questions that aren't asked, responses to things that haven't happened . . . and then I start thinking worse case scenario and before I know it I've worked myself into a panic attack over something. All just by thinking. It's part of the reason why I can't quite do the job thing yet. I think I can and then I think about the job interview and what I might say to customers and . . . yeah. It's a vicious cycle, isn't it?

My parents took me to pyschologists and counselors starting when I was very young. We sometimes wonder if it has to do with poor pre or post natal care when I was still in Korea; I was adopted at 8 1/2 months but I only weighed 10 lbs.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:03 AM   #9285 
fightergirl2710

Wow, you were a tiny baby Sakura.. Its possible that it could have been something like that.. The mind has to become stronger just as much as the body, I guess..
There is one weird thing that I still do, if I have to call someone on the phone, especially a stranger, I think up of what I will say and then what they will say and I'll make a whole bunch of scenarios in my head.. And then it turns out totally different from what I had imagined and then I'm all umm.. err.. hehe.. err.. I have issues with the phone and chat, I hate chatting on FB or MSN, I just pretend I'm offline on fb. >_<
You freelance, don't you Sakura? That's a good way to go about it. :)
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:03 AM   #9286 
dramaqueen
Banned

I think a lot of my problem is the fact that I'm legally blind and can't drive. I feel isolated and sometimes we go for days without seeing hardly anyone. We have family here but none of them, except one cousin ever come around or even call. Since we moved from Colorado I have had maybe a total of 3 friends here. I only have one real friend here and she's in Indiana.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:07 AM   #9287 
fightergirl2710

I can't imagine the isolation DQ, that really sucks. :(
And in my opinion, one real friend is all you need, no matter where they are. :) Do you talk to her often?
Old 08-25-2011, 10:43 AM   #9288 
Sakura8

I have major issues with the phone and chat, that's why I'm not on fb/twitter and why I don't own a cell phone. It would be a total waste for me to have a cell phone since I don't go anywhere without my parents (not driving and all) and I don't know anyone to call.

I'm sorry about the isolation, DQ. *hugs* It's too bad your family doesn't visit (unless of course, you don't mind that they don't visit; I wouldn't mind if some of my extended family never came around). I'm glad you have this forum so you can connect to people and to the world. Yes, you're isolated in KY but you can also say you have friends in India, England, all around the world, thanks to this forum.

And I agree with Fighter, one true friend is far better than many friends who don't stick with you when it matters.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:49 AM   #9289 
fightergirl2710

I couldn't care less if most of my family never visited me.. When someone I really don't like comes over, I pretend I have some work and go to a cafe to sit and read lol! Or see what my friends or bf is doing... I'm a total escapist.. My parents find that very weird because I can be really social at times and call people over and organise things and a mole who'll just avoid outside human contact at other times.. Maybe its something related to the whole deal...
And DQ, you really can say you have all these friends :D We're always here to talk when you get bored, any time and any time zone!
Old 08-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #9290 
Sakura8

Yeah, that's the great thing about the global nature of this forum. Log on at any time and there's sure to be someone from somewhere posting.

I'm a total escapist too. Except I hide in my room so I can eavesdrop. XD I know, I'm so bad, hahaha.

Tags
bettathanyou