Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:36 PM   #9352 
dramaqueen
Banned

lol, ok.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 07:51 PM   #9353 
CodeRed

Krafty is a tail biter -.-;; I'm... honestly, not surprised. He's so like his namesake LOL
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:06 PM   #9354 
bearwithfish

hmm a rant thread.. this should be fun.....
for those who dont know me i am Bear.. hi... occasionally i jump in and try to be helpful... and from time to time i will post things that help draw a bigger picture.... this is one of those posts... please be aware that i often come to a point so please be patient... you will seeeee

so i was reading a few posts at random in this one and wow i must say if i was a newer member i may have just turned to another resource... there seems to be a rather "clicky" feel as of late and i am a bit concerned...

here are my thoughts (no else responsible for them just me)
this is a forum about fish keeping ironically fish keeping has taken years of trial and error to be successful as a hobby. this would imply that it may take time to LEARN about the hobby and master some of the skills involved..
a forum by definition is a platform of discussion in which participants share information learned and solve problems as well as share failures to help learn form and to teach others...

i have also recently discovered that some members have such a hard time with this concept that they have even started a complaint area off site?!?! really ???

i am not pointing at any one person or even group of people (though i could easily do so) but i rather generalize that this site is for fish keeping and the interests of the hobby... this is not some gang of super intelligent fish keeping wonder stars... i am sure with 100% certainty that at one time you all were the student who made errors or who could not afford a hot new product but still kept fish in order to offer this pet a new life in better conditions...

now while i can see a reason for a rant thread to complain about school, work, how life is so unfair that no one understands (dripping with sarcasm) ... i see no reason to bash ANYONE publicly....ever...
if you offer advice and its not taken walk away its no big deal... if some gets rude or breaks a rule report it we have carefully selected moderators for a reason....folks taking things into there own hands is not only counter productive it goes against the rules they love to flaunt about...

so there is my rant... wow that was fun....
any questions? issues? fell free to PM me or another moderator...
bearwithfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:23 PM   #9355 
Littlebittyfish

Rant: ...I was water changing my divided tank in a hurry this evening and when I went to move my siphon to the other section the siphoned stopped...couldn't get it to restart..so..I got fish water in my mouth a little bit ago.I don't often use my mouth to start a siphon but I was getting impatient...It was sandy and not good...and it is the first time I have ever had that happen to me.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:34 PM   #9356 
Sweeda88

I have a head ache. Don't know why, but I know I don't want it!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:43 PM   #9357 
CodeRed

My headache is coming back :/ 2nd night in a row, going on and off for over 24 hours now. Very irritating.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:35 PM   #9358 
cajunamy
Banned

trying to wean off of meds sucks monkey butt. I'm hoping I may finally be off of it for good.

btw I am also a member of the depression/anxiety club - in fact i believe i borderline on bi-polar.
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:38 PM   #9359 
Sweeda88

Not only do I have clinical depression and general anxiety disorder, I'm also BiPolar 2 (look it up), have ADHD, and mild agoraphobia. SUCKS SO MUCH!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:40 PM   #9360 
1fish2fish

My Dad's Bi-polar.... really not fun. It actually hurts my feelings when people say stuff like "Oh he's SO bi-polar" and even "bi-polar fish" because it almost trivializes the pure, unadulterated he-double-L that I and my family went and still go through when he's manic or depressed. It is not a funny disease at all and has pretty much ruined my entire family.

I'm pretty sure I belong to the club as well. Lately I've really been thinking I need to talk to a professional because it seems I'm ALWAYS going through bouts of depression and I always shied away from saying anything because I feel as though I need to just make myself get over it... but even though I'm not suicidal it doesn't mean I might not be legitimately depressed.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote