Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-26-2011, 09:46 AM   #9391 
Sakura8

I'm so sorry some of you have had bad experiences here, I really am. I haven't. I'm aware that perhaps my more casual, conversational manner of posting may annoy those members who want to keep this forum more formal and advice-targeted and I'm truly sorry if I annoy you. If you ask me, I will do my best to tone it down. I am still learning about social media and proper etiquette but I have a feeling I'll always tend to be more conversational.

However, maybe that's why I haven't had a bad experience yet, I don't know. I don't really mind if someone hijacks my threads to ask a question or something like that. I don't know why, it just doesn't bother me. Weird, huh?

I really adore it here. As a lot of you who have been following this thread recently now know, I have some pretty severe social anxiety. I felt alone and I didn't have friends, online or off. Now I have a place where I can come to talk to people who feel the same way I do about bettas and about social anxiety and other similar problems. I have friends I may never meet in person but already I know you are truer friends than many of the "real" friends I've had before. And most of all, I really, really, really love being able to help people. I may go about it in a rambling, chatty way but I love to help people. It makes me feel useful and like I have a purpose in life (finally) and I also feel like I am repaying back the kindness that was shown to me when I first joined. So many people, including Pew, were very helpful, understanding, and kind to me as I bumbled along and panicked about every little thing that was happening with my little guy Sherman. "Help, he's got a tear in his fin! Help, he hasn't pooped in an hour! Help, he's hiding!"

For your patience with me then and now, I humbly thank you.

I now have a brief suggestion: to avoid any future hard feelings, perhaps it is best if the rant thread is used to only rant about NON-FORUM matters. Ranting about school, problems with our bettas, that kind of thing. It is a good place to vent, just not about the forum.

That's all I want to say. And on further reflection, my post is a bit confusing too. Sorry!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:00 AM   #9392 
dramaqueen
Banned

About banning people: We don't just ban for the sake of banning or for no good reason. The team discusses the situation and if we send a pm to the person asking them to stop whatever they were doing that got them in trouble, and they disregard what we asked them to do then they get banned. We don't LIKE banning people but sometimes it's necessary to keep this forum a nice place to visit.
Also, sometimes people can come off as sounding rude but it's not meant that way. It's just that some people are so passionate about fish that they can come off sounding rude. I made a comment once that a member thought sounded rude and I immediately apologized.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:03 AM   #9393 
dramaqueen
Banned

If anyone has any issues with the forum in general they should be discussed, via pm with a moderator or Admin.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:06 AM   #9394 
dragonflie

Dramaqueen: I don't doubt any of that at all, and I hope I didn't confuse with my long winded post, though of course it's possible because I have a tendency sometimes to ramble!

Sakura and dramaqueen: sometimes it's very easy to misinterpret things through text. Just the nature of the beast. :) I wasn't trying to speak of that matter though I admit my point probably got lost due to my affliction of talking too much lol. I was mostly getting at there being no reason to ever under any circumstances complain about another member in the forum publicly.

A short version probably would have been better but I sometimes have a problem stopping the words once they start to flow.
dragonflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:15 AM   #9395 
Sakura8

:) Dragonflie, I wasn't responding to your post per se. I was just posting my own thoughts, separate from all other posts prior to mine. Although it may be too early in the morning here to call them "thoughts." >.< I read your post thoroughly and I respect your opinion greatly. I'm only sorry the first thing you saw here after joining was a drama thread. I'm very glad you have stuck around, you are one I call a good friend with lots of knowledge that you have willingly shared with me on many occasions.

And don't worry, as you can tell, I have a tendency to ramble as well.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:11 AM   #9396 
CodeRed

The fault is partially mine here. This thread was created by me, but even I forgot one of the rules I myself created... First page, first post. Please do not rant about forum-related things on this thread. It creates the drama we are seeing here. Ranting about YOUR BETTAS is okay! No drama there! But other people, even just vaguely, should not be done. As thread creator I can't believe I forgot one of my own rules! :/
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:18 AM   #9397 
fightergirl2710

I think we should go back to ranting about the simple things now.. No more blaming others and ourselves and the forum. Lets just let it go. :)
I'll start with an anti-rant:
Free microworm culture! Yay! Saves me 400rs (9$)! Woohoo! I can buy some bbs with that, or another mossball @_@
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:20 AM   #9398 
dramaqueen
Banned

Dragonflie, I wasn't directing any of that at you. :) I just wanted to make sure that people didn't think we ban just because we don't like someone or they get on our nerves or whatever. I love this forum and I just want to see everyone get along. I think it's human nature that we're not always going to get along and we get on each other's nerves. lol
CodeRed, it's not your fault that the rest of us forgot the rules.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:21 AM   #9399 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightergirl2710 View Post
I think we should go back to ranting about the simple things now.. No more blaming others and ourselves and the forum. Lets just let it go. :)
I'll start with an anti-rant:
Free microworm culture! Yay! Saves me 400rs (9$)! Woohoo! I can buy some bbs with that, or another mossball @_@
Good idea, fightergirl! Let's just leave this stuff behind and move on. :)
Old 08-26-2011, 11:32 AM   #9400 
CodeRed

Rant// Home sick, going to have lot of catching up to do...

Antirant// New Tanked episode tonight! Engagement one, looks cool (:

Last edited by CodeRed; 08-26-2011 at 11:34 AM.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou