Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-27-2011, 10:40 AM   #9461 
Sakura8

CodeRed, I'm so glad you found her! Nothing is worse than not knowing. Can you get her an emergency appointment? Can you take a look at her gums? If they look pale or white, that is a sign she may be going into shock. If you see that, keep her as warm as possible with lots of blankets. You may need to elevate her back end so she gets blood circulating to her front end. I'll definitely be thinking of you and your kitty girl. *hugs*

Betta Slave, I'm sorry your mom is bugging you about your weight. Our society is obsessed with weight, be it too little or too much weight. The only time I think anyone has a right to comment is when someone's weight has reached an unhealthy point (like anorexia). And even then, someone's comment needs to be tactful and kind. Be proud of who you are, Betta Slave. :)

Edit: CodeRed, I just saw you're in NH, ie, hurricane area. Sorry, I guess that's why you can't get a vet appointment. :/ Stupid hurricane.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:36 AM   #9462 
CodeRed

I'm in Indiana, actually, but my parents decided a boat show was more important... So I'm the only person home giving her any love. She's so bad right now... Can barely move at all, and breathing extremely heavily. She's so skinny from not eating for 3 or 4 days... I don't think she's going to last the night, to be honest. It would be a miracle.
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:38 AM   #9463 
Leeniex

Poor kitty.:(
Leeniex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:48 AM   #9464 
Sakura8

I'm so sorry, CodeRed. :( *giant big hug* I wish there was something I could do to help you and your girl but all I can do is send comforting thoughts your way.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:01 PM   #9465 
dramaqueen
Banned

Aww, poor kitty. I'm sorry, CodeRed.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:06 PM   #9466 
Sakura8

Does anyone else have that thing where when you've been made to feel bad about something (you accidentally broke something important, you spilled something, you had a fight, you were scolded etc) you can't let go of feeling guilty and bad about it? I do. It spins and spins in my head even though I know I should just move on. Is that the obsessive or the compulsive part of OCD? @_@
Old 08-27-2011, 12:16 PM   #9467 
TheCrysCat

I'd say, from experience, it's the obsessive part. I have OCD and it's where a lot of my social anxiety stems from. "Oh God, I did this... crap, did they look annoyed? Ohhhh crap I bet they don't like me now..." And this happens with pretty much everyone who isn't a close friend of mine. I feel like I stumble and say something wrong and then I just keep stumbling...
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:24 PM   #9468 
Sakura8

Yes, yes, that's how I feel, Crys. I live in constant fear of offending someone or making myself look stupid. Sigh, I know I shouldn't care so much what others think of me (like perfect strangers) but I do. For instance, I fret a lot that the people in the fish department at my Petsmart think I am an unqualified fish owner because I have returned a few fish that were unsuited for my tank. My thinking goes: "She's looking at me like I totally don't know what I'm doing. She probably thinks I kill my fish on a daily basis. Gosh, what is she going to say when I leave?"

I know, such a bad line of thinking. -__-
Old 08-27-2011, 12:26 PM   #9469 
TheCrysCat

It's not really strangers in my case, mostly people I *want* to be friends with but end up embarassing myself in front of. Or that's what I feel like. It doesn't help that the fear isn't entirely unfounded, because it has happened before...
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:36 PM   #9470 
Neil D

I don't want to offend anyone thats for sure. XD
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou