Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-27-2011, 12:40 PM   #9471 
diablo13

I don't want to offend anyone, but if someone is rude to me, I can be just as rude to them. And I hate stupid questions.
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:41 PM   #9472 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrysCat View Post
It's not really strangers in my case, mostly people I *want* to be friends with but end up embarassing myself in front of. Or that's what I feel like. It doesn't help that the fear isn't entirely unfounded, because it has happened before...
Yeah, same here as far as the happened before part. I make a fool of myself and then make it worse trying to make it better. I've managed to put my foot in my mouth with a few relatives whom I love, some neighbors too. A whole bunch of classmates in college too because I'm so socially awkward. So I start overthinking to prevent doing that again and eventually overthink myself right into a deadend.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:43 PM   #9473 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo13 View Post
I don't want to offend anyone, but if someone is rude to me, I can be just as rude to them. And I hate stupid questions.
I wish I could be just as rude back to rude people but I end up acting all meek and taking the abuse. D'oh! Like the fish lady at Petsmart. I wish I had the guts to say, "You know, your attitude toward customers really could be a little more civil." But I just know if I said that I'd spend the rest of the week thinking, "Oh gosh, I really said that, what was I thinking? Why was I so rude? She probably is talking about how rude I am right now." -_-

Oops, sorry for the double post.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:05 PM   #9474 
dragonflie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
I wish I could be just as rude back to rude people but I end up acting all meek and taking the abuse. D'oh! Like the fish lady at Petsmart. I wish I had the guts to say, "You know, your attitude toward customers really could be a little more civil." But I just know if I said that I'd spend the rest of the week thinking, "Oh gosh, I really said that, what was I thinking? Why was I so rude? She probably is talking about how rude I am right now." -_-

Oops, sorry for the double post.
Actually, in the example you gave, I'd say that was merely an honest statement, not a rude one. :)

When it comes to dealing with people who are chronically rude for myself... I try not to sink to the same level. Because in the end- if you reply to someone with the same venom, that makes you no better does it? That is the way I look at things, anyway lol.
dragonflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #9475 
Creat

Best response for rude people at work who think I am not busy....
" I have heard worse from better"
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:09 PM   #9476 
Sakura8

Dragonflie, it IS an honest statement isn't it? And yet, I know I'd fret over saying it. And I like your philosophy about dealing with rude people. It's a good philosophy. :)

Creat:
Old 08-27-2011, 01:17 PM   #9477 
Romad
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
I'm in Indiana, actually, but my parents decided a boat show was more important... So I'm the only person home giving her any love. She's so bad right now... Can barely move at all, and breathing extremely heavily. She's so skinny from not eating for 3 or 4 days... I don't think she's going to last the night, to be honest. It would be a miracle.
Could she be dehydrated? Missing food for that length of time wouldn't be an issue but fluids would be. I'd really try to get some water into her even if you have to pry open her mouth to do it.

Go a little at a time. If you can get to a store Pedialite (sp?) would be even better. It's what they give infants when they dehydrate to replenish essential fluids.
Romad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:36 PM   #9478 
diablo13

Aw, poor kitty, I'm really sorry CodeRed :( I have trouble being rude to adults( 25+) buy anyone else i'm fine with mouthing off to. And believe me, most people are only rude to me once.
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 01:37 PM   #9479 
Sakura8

Diablo: Yeah, I can imagine you're not one to mess with. That's great, it means you know how to stand up for yourself. That's something I never quite learned. *memories of school bullies*
Old 08-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #9480 
JKfish

rant: 3 of the 5 foot long koi in the backyard pond are missing. They are also my favorite and the most colorful of the five koi. D:< The only creatures around here that could be dangerous are cats and raccons... but as I said, the koi were easily at least a foot long. >.< I know all the hiding spots, and they aren't there either. On top of that, part of the rock formation in there has been toppled (which can't be pushed over unless a grown person stands on it and jumps repeatedly or something along those lines), and the lilies are disturbed... I'm beginning to wonder which is more likely: someone stealing them, or a random eagle flying into the suburbia to snatch up a snack.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote