Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-01-2011, 05:17 PM   #9591 
Sweeda88

I'm glad I live in Minnesota. I've never seen anything but a Garter snake, and those things wouldn't be able to fit my mice in their mouth! I don't see them that often, either.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:27 PM   #9592 
Sakura8

Snakes can unhinge their jaws so they can swallow large prey. They are amazing creatures and I am perfectly content to admire them from a distance of no less than a hundred yards.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:48 PM   #9593 
dragonflie

Well then you both should find this story interesting.

I live in a large apartment complex in the suburbs, on the second floor. One day my doorbell rang and I opened it to find one of the neighbors on my floor freaking out, saying "look out!" Turns out a garter snake managed to get inside the hallway (the units are interior entrances) and was waiting at my front door, and slipped in when I opened it. LOL I had a kritter keeper on hand (imagine that) so I put him in there and took him out to the woods behind my mom's house later in the day.

I've seen plenty of garter snakes where we live but mostly at the wooded areas; and I most certainly never expected to see one slinking through my 2nd floor apartment door.
dragonflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:50 PM   #9594 
vaygirl

When I was a little girl my Dad said I used to chase Rat Snakes all over our yard in DE and try to pick em up. <3 Snakes. But not when they invade your house and eat your pets. :( Sorry about your Hamster Bettafreak. :(

I have no rant. I just wanted to post in the rant thread. :P

Oh wait..

No. No rant.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 05:58 PM   #9595 
Sakura8

Dragonflie, that was funny about your neighbor saying look out. The snake never would have gotten in if they hadn't rung the doorbell and made you open the door.

I'm sorry about your hamsters, bettafreak. That must have been really hard to see. :( *hugs*

Vaygirl, you don't remember chasing the snakes? My mom said my grandmother (died when my mom was in her teens) was a huge animal lover and would rescue garter snakes all the time. And for the longest time, I thought they were called Garden Snakes, not garter snakes. Oops.

Uhm, my rant. Let's see. Uhm, the mouthguard I have to wear at night for teeth grinding makes me drool like a Saint Bernard. I'll wake up and my pillow will be disgusting. :/
Old 09-01-2011, 06:04 PM   #9596 
youlovegnats

I thought they were called Garden snakes too! Cuz you always found 'em in your garden hunting for mice. xD

Did you guys hear/see the photo/story of the Anaconda that ate a Salt Water Croc?? It ended up dying cuz the croc's tail pierced through the snake's stomach. :(
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:11 PM   #9597 
Sakura8

I saw the pic and a documentary on the National Geographic Channel. I think I wanted to scrub my brain out afterwards. I guess that's definitely biting off more than one can chew. Or, er, swallow whole.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:13 PM   #9598 
youlovegnats

I know! The poor thing! ;__; Ah, well his fault for having his eyes bigger than his stomach! ><'

My little baby snake eats one mouse and goes "Mawum I'm sooo full!" *pouty face*
youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:14 PM   #9599 
Sweeda88

I used to think they were called Guarder snakes. xD I could never own a snake, though. They don't bother me, but I could never feed it mice. Well, live mice anyway. The frozen ones MIGHT be okay.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #9600 
CodeRed

Bomb threat at my school tomorrow. Really?? Second week of school and people are already starting this?? Bodes well. I'm so irritated right now. I HATE PEOPLE who do this, I REALLY DO! EVERY TIME this happens it freaks me out...
CodeRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou