Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-03-2011, 09:54 AM   #9681 
dragonflie

Yes I did see that pic, and I will admit it was a little worrisome lol. Mine is still round, but definitely flattened on one side, and it's not for lack of movement. It's the top that's flat..and probably every few days I move them around so they aren't sitting too long in one place. So I can't explain it! And that one is in the same tank as the other one that is still perfectly round and fluffy, so I have no idea what has made the other so grumpy.
dragonflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:02 AM   #9682 
Sakura8

XD I hope your moss ball pulls through. Haha, I feel like I should be advising you to post a thread in the Emergencies section for it.

The small moss ball I bought at Petsmart is doing well. It's the big fat one I bought at Petco that seems to hate life. Hmmm.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:24 AM   #9683 
Sweeda88

When I was younger, my nickname was "The Slinky Doctor". I could always get the most tangled Slinkys untangled somehow! MAGIC!
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:26 AM   #9684 
hmckin20

-frustration-
why are aquarium hoods are so expensive?
seriously here they are more expensive than the tanks themselves
TIRED OF COVERING MY TANKS WITH BOOKS THANKS

would it be completely cheap to make anti-jumping barriers from plastic canvas.. c__c

Last edited by hmckin20; 09-03-2011 at 11:29 AM.
hmckin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 11:51 AM   #9685 
Sweeda88

I make mine from canvas! It works great, but only if you have dividers in the tank. Otherwise, it will bow and fall in. xD
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:03 PM   #9686 
Sakura8

Sweeda, I'm sending you all my tangled slinkies. I never failed to tangle them.

Hmckin, ohmigosh, I hear you on that one. I just got back from Petco and I had to pass up the $20 20gL tank because I couldn't afford the $50 hood for it. I need a new hood for one of my 10gs too but no way is that happening.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:17 PM   #9687 
dragonflie

Well I pulled out my bad hair day marimo and put it in the solo tank with my new betta. Buttercup and Skye still have one of their own. The hairy marimo will get a little more daylight in my living room, maybe that will help, who knows lol.
dragonflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #9688 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaylorKennedy View Post
I'm so frustrated with my friends right now. I've already said this, but I've been so busy lately and every time I get the chance to hang out with them they either don't want to or are doing something else together. Got off work and rushed back to school to do an event for a committee I'm on and I was texting one of my friends asking if she wanted to go out to eat later because I hadn't eaten in 12 hours. She said they were all watching a movie and invited me (even though I told her 7 times I was at this event). Well I went back to the dorm and walked in the lounge where they were watching this movie (which had just ended like 30 seconds before I came in) and sat down for like 5 minutes. In those 5 minutes, one of my friends said hello to me. That was it, none of the 5 other people there said anything to me. So I went upstairs and they said bye to me, which I just ignored and walked away because I was upset. Then I got changed and texted a different friend that was downstairs with them and asked if anyone wanted to go to Denny's with me. She said they were watching another movie and "Sry." Walked out through the lobby and they were all just standing there talking to the student security officer at the lobby desk. I walked right by them, no one said anything to me then either, except when I was right down at the end of the lobby when one said my name. I turned around then walked out. Ate dinner at 11pm at Denny's all by myself because they couldn't be bothered for 20 minutes. Walked back through the lobby again and they still weren't watching the movie. I just played with my phone until I got to the stairs. Didn't want to even acknowledge them at that time.
I'm sorry you're having problems with your friends. It seems like they only want to have anything to do with you is when they want something. They don't appreciate what a nice person you are. Those kind of people just aren't worth it. Like Sakura said, we can't go out to eat with you or stuff like that but we're here fior you.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:45 PM   #9689 
Creat

Warning epic rant: So at work I am having loads of fun (sarcasm) I am a newbie there and also the dog trainer now they want me to sell classes and try to be an sales associate too and I got a talking to yesterday cause the only way I can get anyone in classes is if I talk to them... I cant do that on the register... but god forbid I ask anyone to stand 20 min on the register when I have been doing it for 5 hrs so I can talk to a customer having dog problems because as I was told they have lots of projects they have to do and its rude of me to assume and I should trust them to help the problem dogs get help.. well they can stop their important project and go help the same customer I was.. great.. on top of that they give them a flexi leash and if you know anything about dog training you know how much of a no no that is... GAH well fine I have decided I wont even bother to help and when they notice a 600% drop in sales maybe they will think about giving me 20 min...
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:53 PM   #9690 
hmckin20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creat View Post
Warning epic rant: So at work I am having loads of fun (sarcasm) I am a newbie there and also the dog trainer now they want me to sell classes and try to be an sales associate too and I got a talking to yesterday cause the only way I can get anyone in classes is if I talk to them... I cant do that on the register... but god forbid I ask anyone to stand 20 min on the register when I have been doing it for 5 hrs so I can talk to a customer having dog problems because as I was told they have lots of projects they have to do and its rude of me to assume and I should trust them to help the problem dogs get help.. well they can stop their important project and go help the same customer I was.. great.. on top of that they give them a flexi leash and if you know anything about dog training you know how much of a no no that is... GAH well fine I have decided I wont even bother to help and when they notice a 600% drop in sales maybe they will think about giving me 20 min...

ew. i hate managers like this
take a breath and do all that you can. if you can't juggle everything they're throwing at you, tell them to shove it.
(not really, just.. don't stress yourself over it if they give you too much.)

not really a rant but i WISH i had the funds to go shopping at petsmart. c___c
hmckin20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou