Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #9691 
Sakura8

Creat: Go out to your car on your break, keep the windows rolled up, and just scream. Bang your head against the horn, too, if that helps. Or bang your supervisor's head against the horn. Whatever works.

Rant: So my community tank has tons of unidentifiable junk in the water and a protein film, the plants are barely hanging on, and algae is everywhere. I got a nice airstone ring to set on the substrate to help aerate it and dissipate the protein film but it won't lay flat no matter what I do. So I decided to just let it hang at the back of the tank. It keeps turning sideways. In the process of battling with the airstone, half of my plants became uprooted. Again. Grr. So I go get the airline hose holders to keep the stone facing the right way. They need assembly. Fit a big square peg into a small round hole on the suction cup. The peg is very small and hard to hold onto. I am not sure what to smash first: the tank or the airstone.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 03:27 PM   #9692 
dragonflie

Hmm, well the suction cup should be able to hold the tubing. Not sure where you're trying to put it?

Depending on your substrate you might be able to just bury the ring. Pool filter sand is heavy enough, and gravel too for obvious reasons. I've buried a stone in pool filter sand and had no issues with it blowing around.

SO in a nutshell. ;) Make sure you're hooking the base of the tubing up to the cup, not anything on the actual stone. And try burying it, and placing the cup side down, so you can stick it to the bottom of the tank.
dragonflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 03:36 PM   #9693 
Sakura8

>.< I can't even get the hook into the suction cup. I did try burying it; I have play sand but it's kind of coarse. It just kept floating back up. I even put a rock on the tubing to see if that helped. And this is all before I even got a chance to plug the airpump in so I figure if it's going to float around that much before it's even turned on, it's probably not going to stay put. I'm going to see if my dad can assemble the hooks that hold the tubing because I sure can't. I'll see if I can get a pic to show you what I mean with the suction cup.

On the plus side: at least I finally finished filling the tank back up. :)
Old 09-03-2011, 03:46 PM   #9694 
dragonflie

RAAAWR how do you stub your toe while you're sitting down?? I found a way...trying to get up and my foot slipped and banged it on my desk, OUCH!
Old 09-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #9695 
Sakura8

OwOwOwOw! I hope it doesn't hurt for long.

Here's the airline hose hook thingee. Square peg, small round hole. Driving me nuts.
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2011, 03:57 PM   #9696 
hmckin20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeda88 View Post
I make mine from canvas! It works great, but only if you have dividers in the tank. Otherwise, it will bow and fall in. xD

YES. all of my ten gals are divided (except for my sorority in the works, but it has a lid) so i think i may look into making some of those for my tanks now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8
Hmckin, ohmigosh, I hear you on that one. I just got back from Petco and I had to pass up the $20 20gL tank because I couldn't afford the $50 hood for it. I need a new hood for one of my 10gs too but no way is that happening.
@o@ $20 20gal.. that's amazing! and such a bummer that you gotta pass cause the hood is $50 :/
hmckin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 03:58 PM   #9697 
dragonflie

How odd, I've never seen a suction cup like that. The ones I picked up for my airlines are all one piece.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:28 PM   #9698 
Sakura8

I'm definitely going to look for different suction cups.

hmckin, Petco is having another $1 per gallon tank sale. I'm not sure when it ends, though. I think this Saturday?
Old 09-03-2011, 04:33 PM   #9699 
Tisia

the sky is an oh so lovely shade of brown today >_<
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:34 PM   #9700 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
I'm definitely going to look for different suction cups.

hmckin, Petco is having another $1 per gallon tank sale. I'm not sure when it ends, though. I think this Saturday?
since it just started last week it probably has a couple more weeks to go
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou