Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-06-2011, 12:26 AM   #9791 
Sakura8

Let's partner up, Crys. XD You, too, DQ. We could have an awesome business here. Right in time for Halloween.

SKA, yeah. If your betta thinks you = food, he might get super excited and start swimming a lot. And some bettas are more active than others and glass surf a lot. As long as he's not acting weird in any other way, I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:13 AM   #9792 
LittleBettaFish

Ugh I swear I'm going to buy a gun and shoot the next dog I find in our front yard chasing our cats.

This is the third time it's happened in the past two weeks. Luckily our oldest cat is not scared of dogs, and went after it himself. However, we lost one of our previous cats when a dog being walked loose got into our front yard and broke her back right in front of me.

Some lady had the nerve to tell us her two Great Danes wouldn't hurt the cats as she insipidly tried to call them back. Eventually my mum stomped down the sideway and grabbed their collars herself, and gave the lady an earful in the process.

If your dog does not have an iron-clad recall DO NOT WALK IT OFF LEAD. Particularly when it goes onto our property where our cats have a right to be.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 02:38 AM   #9793 
Sakura8

This is why I'm terrified of letting my cats outside. I love dogs, I really do. It's the owners who don't train them that I don't like. I'm so sorry about your one cat, that must have been so difficult to witness.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:09 AM   #9794 
LittleBettaFish

Yeah our other two cats are indoor only cats (unless outside on their harnesses). However, our oldest goes neurotic when we try to keep him inside and our other cat was given to us by my dad when he moved interstate. He attacks everyone, so he lives in the laundry at night and goes out in the day.

The sad thing was our old cat Belle was absolutely the gentlest cat ever. She used to bring back mice in her younger days as presents, but then regressed to bread and old sausage (our neighbour feeds the birds). It was a horrible way for her to go, particularly since we had to drive her to the emergency vet to have her euthanised. All because some idiot had to not clip on a lead that morning.

Worst part about it is we saw who we suspect was the owner walking past our house, his dog off lead at exactly the same time the next morning.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:07 AM   #9795 
Sakura8

*hugs* From one cat person to another, you have my deepest sympathies.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:08 AM   #9796 
dragonflie

Trepidatious raaave....I think Andromeda has improved a little! I'm afraid to believe I might win this battle, but I feel more secure than I did yesterday that he might pull through.

Update on him! http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=79983&page=4
dragonflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:10 PM   #9797 
dramaqueen
Banned

We have a leash law here but unfortunately, some of my stupid neighbors think it doesn't pertain to them.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:16 PM   #9798 
Sweeda88

Anti-rant- New members who actually LISTEN when you give them advice and don't throw it back in your face. Thank you, new members who actually WANT to keep your Betta healthy and happy.
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:17 PM   #9799 
Sakura8

I know where I live in CA, people have been arrested if their dog is off a leash and it harms someone/something.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:21 PM   #9800 
Creat

I know in Wa where I am its required by law all dogs must be on a leash I dont mind sense it probably saves some dogs from running out infront of cars.
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou