Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-07-2011, 08:31 AM   #9841 
hmckin20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
I think it's a genetic deformity so he'll probably have it forever. That or something happened to him during shipping to Petsmart. I'm not sure I want to think about it. -__- He was almost dead when I got him because he couldn't reach the surface to breathe in his filthy little cup at Petsmart and he was also emaciated because he couldn't eat the five pellets they left in there for a week at a time. At first I was really afraid his quality of life wouldn't be very good but he's shown me he's happy perching in his plants and fluttering around. He's got a very cheerful personality and he doesn't seem to mind that he's handicapped; he always flutters his fins and does his best to wiggle dance when he sees me. I'm just sad such a happy betta can't swim around normally like he deserves, just because some breeder or shipper wasn't responsible. Hmm, I guess this turned into a mini-rant. I feel better now.

I do use tweezers (can't stand to touch those worms, brrr) but I still get that nasty film. :/ He does love his worms though.

Not sure if this the right place to post this but here's a video to show you how he swims:
Scooter's Tank Setup video by SakuraNeko8 - Photobucket

awww! /sniff he sounds like such a sweetie. poor honey, he's really pretty regardless. i'm glad he has a good home, you know if someone else picked him up and realized what was wrong with him they wouldn't have kept him (or maybe never even would have realized it). so he lucked out this time around.

oh, question, i saw that little mini heater .. what kind is it? O: i feel like i know what kind it is and the petsmart i buy it at, it's generally inexpensive.. but i wasn't sure if it worked well. i need something to heat my smaller QT tanks now, since it's become winter overnight -.-

also not really a rant but ever since november there's been this number that keeps popping up everywhere i go..
and i saw today:

You last visited: Today at 02:22 AM

Last edited by hmckin20; 09-07-2011 at 08:36 AM.
hmckin20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #9842 
dragonflie

rain, rain RAIN, now thunder, I betcha the power will go out, GRRRRRRRR
dragonflie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:04 PM   #9843 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmckin20 View Post

oh, question, i saw that little mini heater .. what kind is it? O: i feel like i know what kind it is and the petsmart i buy it at, it's generally inexpensive.. but i wasn't sure if it worked well. i need something to heat my smaller QT tanks now, since it's become winter overnight -.-
That heater is the Zoo Med Betta Therm heater and it didn't work at all. :/ I dumped it a week ago and got a Hydor Mini Heater for Micro Tanks at Petco for $9.99. It works much better.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:04 PM   #9844 
HatsuneMiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
Signatures are a privilege, not a right. I'm on some forums who do not allow sigs or even avatars. Even with the limit some signatures here are overly obnoxious.
Posted via Mobile Device
i haven't seen any here that overly obnoxious ..

i mean if the limit can't be increased .. at least make it so that html code doesn't count in the character count .. i've never been on a forum where you couldn't have an avatar or a signature .. isn't that the point of being able to express yourself differently then the next poster .. i mean if that was the case we'd all just post autonomously and we'd be no different then 4chan.. you gotta get off those crap forums that don't even let you express yourself in the slightest way ..

and since signatures and avatars are a privilege as you claim they are .. then shouldn't there be a tier system .. where the more post and longer you've been on the forum .. the more allowance you get for your signature .. that would make more sense than anything else
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:31 PM   #9845 
1fish2fish

Forums aren't about expression... at least not subject specific ones. They're about the exchange of information on the subject (in this case bettas). Just because a forum doesn't allow avatars/sigs doesn't make it crap. Some of the most informative forums I've seen have been ones with less preference on aesthetics and more on subject matter.

No avatars does not equate autonomous. It should be about WHAT you post... not the crap below or beside it.

This forum doesn't have a tier system and thank bob it doesn't. It's bad enough some people post just for the sake of posting and upping their post count... if there was an incentive for it the unnecessary posting would be even worse.

The privilege lies in the fact that the Admin of this site allows us to post pretty much whatever we want on our sigs, provided it is within a set character limit an doesn't violate forum rules. The fact that we're not required to PAY for signatures is a privilege... some forums allow sigs and avatars only to "elite" (read "paying") members.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:06 PM   #9846 
youlovegnats

I'm at work, it's cold, it's raining, I think I'm getting sick....booo.
BUT this made me feel 100x's better

youlovegnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:15 PM   #9847 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress View Post
i haven't seen any here that overly obnoxious ..

i mean if the limit can't be increased .. at least make it so that html code doesn't count in the character count .. i've never been on a forum where you couldn't have an avatar or a signature .. isn't that the point of being able to express yourself differently then the next poster .. i mean if that was the case we'd all just post autonomously and we'd be no different then 4chan.. you gotta get off those crap forums that don't even let you express yourself in the slightest way ..

and since signatures and avatars are a privilege as you claim they are .. then shouldn't there be a tier system .. where the more post and longer you've been on the forum .. the more allowance you get for your signature .. that would make more sense than anything else
You can always pm Admin and ask him about it.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:33 PM   #9848 
xswornxoffxjello

One word: fillings. :O
xswornxoffxjello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:40 PM   #9849 
fishman12

Darn, I missed my 1 year anniversary...
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #9850 
Sakura8

Rant: Stupid medication only dosed for 10 gallons! Aaargh! Betta in half-filled .75g QT tank. How the heck am I supposed to dose General Cure in that???

Also, the cat knocked my mouse of my desk and broke it. That was the second mouse. I'm now using an old mouse. How old? It's wired.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou