Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-11-2010, 04:57 PM   #11 
Phoxly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzle View Post
I personally think divided tanks look like crap. I have a 20g long aquarium and I had it divided 3 ways for my bettas. I ended up buying them all their own small aquariums and turned the 20g long into a planted community tank. Just my opinion, keep it simple and undivided imo.
Atm my 10g where they are staying is a planted community, and I really like the idea of getting a few long nice pieces of driftwood and go plant crazy with a bigger tank but I don't know how the sides with the boys would look. I've seen some divided tanks that look really neat, I might experiment with plexiglass with holes drilled in it, and maybe a java moss wall, but it would defeat the purpose of the boys being able to see the girls from time to time.
Phoxly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 05:16 PM   #12 
Little Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTree View Post
I like the idea of a male on each side and a sorority in the middle. I think that would be fun and look great!
me too! if i had the room, or money i would sooooo do that.

do it, do it ,do it!!!!
Little Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:43 PM   #13 
Sarada

I have to agree with Mizzle if you care about looks.
Sarada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:46 PM   #14 
Phoxly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Marlin View Post
me too! if i had the room, or money i would sooooo do that.

do it, do it ,do it!!!!
I think I am going to, its going to be in our front room above our fireplace so I am considering what people will think of it when they see it, but I think it will look fine if I use plexiglass and java moss as a decoration for the glass.

Tryin to find some pics of people who have done 20 gallon divided tanks. I have seen a few 20's divided 4 ways for males, but not m/f.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:00 AM   #15 
puppyrjjkm

Here is my divided 20 L, 6 ways. Literally set it up last week! I love it! :)

puppyrjjkm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:12 AM   #16 
Phoxly

Are divided tanks harder to clean/vacuum?
Old 08-12-2010, 10:16 AM   #17 
puppyrjjkm

Uh a little in my opinion, because if you clean the gravel you have to take out the vaccum for each section, or just take out the dividers. I normally do only water changes most of the time, because my boys don't have a lot of "gunk" that comes out of the gravel anyway. But when I do clean the gravel I just take out the dividers and replace them when I'm done :) Here is my 29 when I had a male on each end and a 5 girl sorority in the middle.

Last edited by puppyrjjkm; 08-12-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:44 AM   #18 
Phoxly

Oh that is beautiful. I think with a 20 long I'd give each boy about 4 gallons on the ends, and 12 in the middle for the girls and aquascaping.. Plus 12 gallons in the middle would give me room for some nice driftwood :D I LOVE that piece you have.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:09 PM   #19 
puppyrjjkm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoxly View Post
Oh that is beautiful. I think with a 20 long I'd give each boy about 4 gallons on the ends, and 12 in the middle for the girls and aquascaping.. Plus 12 gallons in the middle would give me room for some nice driftwood :D I LOVE that piece you have.
I think that's a great idea And thanks! Can't wait to see pics of it all set up!
Old 08-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #20 
Phoxly

Sadly it won't be til September that we'll be actually moving, but I can certainly plan :D

I am thinking of changing my substrate, its mixed black and white sand atm, I'm thinking if I go divided to have the end divides have different colors like white on the ends, we'll have to see. Lots of shopping around to do before I actually get the move. :D