Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-07-2010, 11:08 PM   #1 
Nutt007

I am intrigued.

While getting a new Betta today at Petco, the worker who helped us actually had some knowledge of Bettas, unlike the people in you people's pet stores! He said that they needed a 2 gallon TANK. That a recommend food is HIKARI BETTA BIO GOLD Does anyone here happen to be a male who works at a Petco in Arizona? I am going to that Petco for all my fish needs now.
Nutt007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:12 PM   #2 
Betta Slave

It's extremely rare when I come across a pet store employee who actually knows a thing or two about bettas...
I went to Big Al's and looked at all the bettas and one of the employees just came up to me randomly and started lecturing me about their dragons- how, with dragons, it's "all in the fins". What the heck are you talking about??!!

Whereas, when I went to PJ's to get Damon, the guy there actually told me he kept his betta in a FIVE GAL and told me he had one in a community tank of 20 GALLONS with all the right fish, etc.
Betta Slave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:24 PM   #3 
Nutt007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave View Post
It's extremely rare when I come across a pet store employee who actually knows a thing or two about bettas...
I went to Big Al's and looked at all the bettas and one of the employees just came up to me randomly and started lecturing me about their dragons- how, with dragons, it's "all in the fins". What the heck are you talking about??!!

Whereas, when I went to PJ's to get Damon, the guy there actually told me he kept his betta in a FIVE GAL and told me he had one in a community tank of 20 GALLONS with all the right fish, etc.
It's all in the scales with dragons.

It's nice to know that some people are actually knowledgeable about fish. instead of working, not knowing anything, just to get money.
Nutt007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:05 AM   #4 
betta fish crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutt007 View Post
It's all in the scales with dragons. .
Yeah. Do the fins even matter?
betta fish crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:08 AM   #5 
Neelie

forget bout the fish needs and ask him out on a date lol
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:36 AM   #6 
kuklachica

I happen to be a female who works at a Petco in New England and recommends 2+ gallons with a heater and New Life Spectrum food. :)
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:55 AM   #7 
StarWalkZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Slave View Post

Big Al's?!
So your located in Canada.
by any chance in Ontario?
because the only Big Al's in America is in Florida.

in my local Big Al's they have a large selection of betta's , as too in my local PJ's(i get all my bettas here).

the people in Big Al's have only have a knowledge on the other fish they sell. only a couple have a knowledge on the bettas.

maybe it's because their bettas are hidden in the back of the store.
at my local PJ's the employes, actually know how to take care of bettas.
some of them are actually have been bitten buy the betta bug, like us.
StarWalkZ is offline   Reply With Quote