Something's up with Vali. It almost seems like he's losing his scales, but there's literally nothing in the tank on which he could scrape them off? They almost look like sores.
Help me? I don't believe it's the water quality, since he's been perfectly fine so far, and he shares the same water as 10 other fish. Unfortunately, I don't have a test kit, so I can't provide answers there. However, since this is the first time this has ever happened, I can't believe it's water quality related, since it's only happening to him alone.
1. What is the size of your tank?
2. What are your water parameters? State the brand of test kit used.
3. Is your aquarium set up freshwater or brackish water?
4. How long the aquarium has been set up?
About 3 weeks now, but it's uncycled
5. What fish do you have? How many are in your tank? How big are they? How long have you had them?
1 betta fish in the tank, only about an inch long, had him for maybe 3 weeks
6. Were the fish placed under quarantine period (minus the first batch from the point wherein the tank is ready to accommodate the inhabitants)?
He has his own tank, so it wasn't really needed.
7. What temperature is the tank water currently?
8. Are there live plants in the aquarium?
9. What filter are you using? State brand, maintenance routine and power capacity.
None. It's uncycled.
10. Any other equipment used (aside from heater and filter which are two very important components of the tank)?
None. He's an easily aggravated fish, and didn't appreciate the bubbler x3
11. Does your aquarium receive natural sunlight at any given part of the day? What is your lighting schedule (assuming you do not rely on sunlight for our viewing pleasure)?
No sunlight, doesn't have a light schedule besides the normal one, as light aggravates him and causes him to flare excessively.
12. When did you perform your last water change and how much water was changed? How often do you change your water? Do you vacuum the substrate?
I changed the water exactly 5 days ago in a 100% changed. I have no substrate, so I don't vacuum it. I do, however, scoop out uneaten food.
13. What foods do you provide your fish? What is the feeding schedule?
He's fed flakes every day at around noon. He doesn't eat often or very much, and is a very picky eater.
14. What unusual signs have you observed in your fish?
None besides the scrapes. He seems otherwise completely healthy, without even showing any lethargic-ness, floating, or anything of that sort.
15. Have you treated your fish ahead of diagnosis? If so, what treatments did you use? State your reasons for planning ahead of proper diagnosis.
I gave him a drop or two of bettafix to healing some holes he blew in his fins with excessive flaring a couple of days ago, but that was before I really realized he was hurt. Other than that, no other medicines or treatments have been undergone.