Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-04-2010, 04:10 PM   #1 
naturegirl243

Almost got a new betta but stopped myself..

There was a beautiful male halfmoon plakat at petco when I went there to get Aquarium Salt it took everything I had not to get him.I just thought you know I have three and one with ick I don't need another one right now, but he was such a sweety.I started to buy him picked him up and walked half way to the register before I had that thought though lol.I found this picture of a fish that looks just like him only he had an all white face.Should I go back and get him?!?!?!? I would feel so bad if he ended up with an awful home not that I would know who he ended up with but I really liked the little guy.
Attached Images

naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:12 PM   #2 
SaylorKennedy

Send him to me!

What's the answer that you want us to give you? :D
SaylorKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:14 PM   #3 
germanchick09

go get him!!
germanchick09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:18 PM   #4 
Adastra

You made the right decision. If you have a fish that is sick with something preventable like ich, it seems to me that you need to take the time to review your care routine and make sure that you are doing everything necessary to keep the fish you have healthy before you get another fish.

Also, it might just be the picture, but the VT in your avatar looks really obese. Is he the one who's been sick?

Everyone needs a little forethought and self control, good for you, that you could find it. :) He must have been a looker, I'm sure he'll find a good home fast.

Last edited by Adastra; 08-04-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:14 PM   #5 
naturegirl243

SaylorKennedy- I would love to but I have never shipped a betta before allthough you do live close if I had really detailed instructions I could do it,and I am not really looking for an answer just opinions on if I need another fish lol.

germanchick09-haha thanks for almost making me go back and get him.

Adastra-Thank you I was thinking the same thing maybe if he is still there when Carlisle gets over this ick I will get him.and the vt in my avatar is Mizu he is not the sick one but turns out he was eating way to much he is eating less now and yes he is a little obese looking lol.He was eating twice a day and when my mom feeds him on weekends he was getting like a pinch of the pellets and eating them all!So he is a fat fishy right now.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:35 PM   #6 
1fish2fish

You made the right decision. If there is one thing I have learned its that there is ALWAYS going to be another fish. Focus on the guys you have right now and getting Carlisle healthy.

The hardest thing in keeping bettas is resisting temptation. Believe me, I know from experience. I refuse to even look at the Bettas in pet stores any more because I was coming home with a new fish almost weekly it seemed. Finally I had to realize that I can't keep getting more fish. Now I've set a limit for myself and have to work hard not to go past that limit.

Now I have the exact opposite problem. When I'm looking at a fish I can never make a decision because now I'm thinking "what if something better comes along" LOL
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:52 PM   #7 
naturegirl243

lol yeah there was a pretty HM double tail a week ago I really wanted for some reason he was up with the king bettas but he is gone now along with half there bettas someone must have came in and bought alot there are alot of crowntails left which is strange, but yeah I really don't have room anyways for another one but he really was pretty.I guess I will have have to stick to the veiltails fo awhile longer lol.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:13 PM   #8 
doggyhog

One of my rules is if I have a sick fish, I NEVER add another to the family!!! Ever. My current fish are more important. So, you made the right decision. My self control has gotten so much better since I've had bettas. LOL But not when it comes to ice cream.... haha
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:22 PM   #9 
naturegirl243

I will say I am proud of my self control with the bettas I usually don't have great control thats how I got my youngest male Anardil lol.As for ice cream bring on the gallons it will distract me lol.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:09 PM   #10 
betta fish crazy

It's a vicious cycle...you see a pretty fish...you make a hard decision...you see another pretty fish...you make another hard decision...
betta fish crazy is offline   Reply With Quote