Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-09-2010, 03:14 PM   #1 
LinuxTux37

Sonic's New Tank

So I wasn't able to fit a minibow 5 or any other five gallon in my house, but the minibow 2.5 fits perfectly. Here's a picture of Sonic in his new home! Plants L-R: Red Ludwigia, Mondo Grass, fake plant of unknown name. What do you think of it? Any adjustments I could make?

Here's another pic
LinuxTux37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:46 PM   #2 
Lion Mom

VERY nice & Sonic is a real BEAUTY!!!
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 03:51 PM   #3 
Adastra

Unfortunately mondo grass isn't a true aquatic plant. Sadly it will die and rot in your tank eventually. Is there any way you can return it? The red ludwigia is also a very finicky plant, they don't keep their red coloration well at all unless you fertilize them, particularly with iron, and give them lots of fluorescent light. Personally, I would return these plants and get something easier to care for, like anubias, java fern, and java moss. You're definitely off to a good start, though. Have you considered getting him a heater yet?

I use and recommend these: http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.co...m?pcatid=11368
Adastra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:28 PM   #4 
LinuxTux37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adastra;442987 Have you considered getting him a heater yet?

I use and recommend these: [URL
http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=11368[/url]
I would, but it gets very hot in our house due to the fact that it is solid concrete in southern california, even in winter, so the water stays nice and toasty. If anything, I would need a water cooler.
LinuxTux37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 10:12 AM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

Nice tank!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:45 AM   #6 
XSprinkleFaceX

Nicee tank! Love the "fishy face" in the first picture. It's so cute how they just stare... lol
XSprinkleFaceX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:15 PM   #7 
bloo97

Cute Fish and Nice tank! I have a blue one for Dragon. He loves it! You have a very big betta Btw...So pretty!
bloo97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:41 PM   #8 
doggyhog

Lovely!!
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:44 PM   #9 
finnyfishy

I have the same tank! I can't wait to put Finn in it. I may do it earlier, I've checked the levels and they are pretty close to being perfect for him. Our house stays freezing so I HAD to get him a heater. I would suggest not leaving the light on in the tank! The heater keeps the tank at 78 degrees, and I had the light on and it got up to 82 degrees in a few minutes of leaving it on, not saying thats bad but I think it would have gotten higher left on longer.

Hes gorgeous :)
finnyfishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:39 PM   #10 
wallywestisthebest333

Hey! =] I like the minibow 2.5! =] It's a really sleek looking nano tank. =] Sonic look pretty stylin' in it! =]

I have to agree on the plants. I'd get anubias. They grow well in low light and Bettas REALLY love them because they're comfortable to lay and rest on. =] It looks super cute when they do that!

I really would get a thermometer because if your water really did get too hot you'd need to know in order to find a way to cool it down (such as feeding frozen food in ice cubes and the like). Wouldn't want a cooked fishfriend. =[

Sorry if you already have one and I'm annoying. =/ I didn't see one in the pics so I thought I'd mention it. =/

Anyway congrats on your new tank! =] Sonic looks like he loves it! <3 Btw I know I've said this before but he's SO handsome and I LOVE his name! <3 Congrats on owning him! =]

Last edited by wallywestisthebest333; 08-11-2010 at 08:53 PM.
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote