Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-11-2010, 08:51 AM   #1 
FloridaBettas239

1.5 Gallon clear Sterlite container w/t Lid's 5 for 5 Dollar's! (Read)

So I was at target the other day with my lady, and I seen a bundle of the 6qt clear sterlite container's with lid's for 5 for 5 dollar's. I couldn't pass that up, there great hospital tank's, or even a home. For 1 dollar your betta can be in a 1.5 gallon tank with lid.
I just wanted to let everyone know so if they have a target and want some they can run out and get them...
FloridaBettas239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:02 AM   #2 
vilmarisv

Pretty cool! I saw the different sizes online
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:13 AM   #3 
puddin

Honestly, I maybe would use it as a very temporary hospital tank, but I don't think esthetically they would add to my house. I have a nice home and like to decorate it nicely. I also like to look at my fish in a nice tank as opposed to a storage bin.
puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:35 PM   #4 
FloridaBettas239

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddin View Post
Honestly, I maybe would use it as a very temporary hospital tank, but I don't think esthetically they would add to my house. I have a nice home and like to decorate it nicely. I also like to look at my fish in a nice tank as opposed to a storage bin.
I love to look at my fish in nice tank's also, The reason of the thread is because I see so many bettas in small bowl's and such so if someone can at least get one of these for now untill they could afford a tank..
The other thing is when someone is breeding and housing anywhere from 25 to 75 betta's. 1.5 gal for a dollar is the bang for the buck...
But like I said of course I love a nice tank, I have my line breeder's in tank's that can really show them off. And if someone has a nice house like you with money by all mean's go for it buy all the real aquarium's you can..
Old 08-13-2010, 12:05 AM   #5 
b3ttaf1sh

thanks for posting that. could come in handy
b3ttaf1sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:28 AM   #6 
Plakat Betta

i went online and couldnt find them.
Plakat Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:17 PM   #7 
FloridaBettas239

I just wen't back and got some more, Plus I got this round tub with rope handle's. Its 29 gallon's for 6.00. And when you see a lot of the thai breeder's farm's, They have a bunch of them big round tub's like that only a little bigger, and they take a spawn of fry and put them in the tub thing for grow out. They mark on each tub what spawn it is and then raise 10 to 15 tub's all with different spawn's. Then come's the selective breeding, which make's the AB bettas we see.
So since im just starting back out I only got 2 of the 29 gal grow oun tub's, I will mark each tub and then start doing my selective line breeding. Start try to make some AB bettas in the USA so people don't have to pay the high shipping fee's. Or even if I can recreat bettysplendens type bettas I will be happy...
Old 08-13-2010, 03:37 PM   #8 
Plakat Betta

Can some one put a link to see the containers on line i couldnt find em
Old 08-13-2010, 07:21 PM   #9 
Plakat Betta

I looked online and couldnt find them
Old 08-13-2010, 09:31 PM   #10 
FloridaBettas239

I have only found them at my super target's... even if you can't find the deal the container's are only 1.29 each with lid's