Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-12-2010, 12:30 PM   #1 
Neelie

one for girls! show me your long hair pls!

well, i have a thing for long hair... uummm i know its weird but i think they're just pure beautiful... i had long hair a while ago and got bored with them. then, i made the biggest mistake of my life; i cut them short (i mean, short short!)!!!!!!!!!!

i never actually thought how hair would influence your own confidence... my bf actually hates me for it caus he loved my long hair too. i thought it wouldnt matter.

do you think its true that long hair make you look more feminine? caus ppl call me a tom boy with my short hair and it kinda bothers me... its going to take ages till they grow again AND ill have that horrible "in-between-short-and-long-hair" phase, around the ears and neck that i HATE...

anyone in the same boat? opinions ppl.
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:44 PM   #2 
nochoramet

I had medium length hair, like in between my shoulder blades, but my hair looks pretty bad after it gets a certain length because it's so fine. It just gets all limp and draggly looking... but I kind of like it long. I cut it all off recently (not super short, but above my shoulders) because it was HOT (temperature wise)! And now i'm kind of sad because I miss my long hair. Not that I hate my hair now, but I do miss my long hair. And it'll be a while before it grows back out again, so yeah I'm kind of in the same boat with you. My boyfriend likes it better long but he cut all his beautiful curls off because of the heat as well so he can't give me crap about it LOL.

And as far as the more feminine thing, it kind of depends on your face, and how short you go. Some girls have a pixie-like face and can pull off super short haircuts and look gorgeous, and some girls can't. It also depends on the balance of feminine/masculine attributes about you. (this is based off of what I've noticed about myself.) If I have short hair, I don't wear baggy clothes or leave my hair undone, because then I look kind of like a guy. When I have long hair, it's cute to have my hair undone or wear baggy clothing because I have the long hair to balance it out. You know, just things like that. Not saying this applies to all people, it's just what i've noticed about myself!
nochoramet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:02 PM   #3 
Neelie

^^^ yeah i understand you alright! i know a few ppl with thinner fine hair and some, me incl. that have thick hair with loads of volume. my short hair are all over the shop caus my hair is thick... in cases of fine hair i guess shorter is the better option caus it isnt being dragged down with weight.

lol well if its hot short hair are handy alright! and curls omg i can imagine you'd prefer short hair then of course.

yeah im not very masculine but with short hair i just feel weird... there's something about hair falling on the shoulders or on your back when you shower. i know ppl wont really understand that but its just what i loved bout em too..

my mother says short hair suit me real well blah blah but i dont believe her lol.

and (dont laugh) i even bought meself a wig to bridge the time until they grow!!! now, it looks 110% real but its still just a wig like.... T_T

id really give everything for hair like this!

courtesy of www.greathairstyletips.com
Old 08-12-2010, 01:32 PM   #4 
brittanybelike

i know exactly how you feel, I work at a hair salon as a stylist and 3 years ago i had a coworker cut my hair into the ever so popular "inverted bob" everyone had.

At the time i thought it was a good idea but bottom line is i loved and missed my long hair, now my philosophy is grow your hair out as long as you can while you're young; you have the rest of your old life to try the shorter hairstyles.

my hair today:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._7332345_n.jpg

i truly feel more feminine with longer hair, now it's past my chest almost to the middle of my back, LOVE IT!
brittanybelike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 02:00 PM   #5 
Neelie

^^^ wow you have gorgeous hair!!! 0_0
is it much work to keep them that curly and vibrant?

im so happy to hear im not alone with my problem! its such a petty har grow so slowly... im taking vitamins, eating very healthy and balanced and use very good conditioner, soind gentle head massages, just everything i ever heard to make hair grow faster!!!!! my hair already grow very fast but i wish it would go even faster. i know i seem impatient but it hit me harder than i thought to cut my hair short after having it long... never had long hair before, had them long and now im just pure depressed bout my decision...

me with short hair attached.
have none with long hair. ill try find some tho...
Attached Images

Old 08-12-2010, 02:03 PM   #6 
brittanybelike

i like the short look! it will become a pain to grow out though, always remember, never give up and cut it!

The waves was so easy to get, all i did was have a friend put my hair into 4 french braids (while wet) and slept on it over night, the next morning (today) i just put a little bit of curling mousse in it and some hairspray, voila!
Old 08-12-2010, 02:14 PM   #7 
Neelie

^^^ i know! the length from ears to shoulders just sucks!!! its awful! hence why i never had long hair caus i couldnt stand that phase! and for once i managed to resist cutting it.... im the most stupid person ever to walk the earth!!!!!!!!!!!

wow tbh it looks like alot of work went into it!
stunning hair you have

do you sleep with hair tied up or down?
Old 08-12-2010, 02:31 PM   #8 
brittanybelike

depends, last night it was just in 4 braids so kindof up? haha and ususally i wear it down, i try to go to sleep with it wet so when i wake up it has more of a beachy look to it, my hair is pin straight so thats the only way i can manage to get waves naturally. haha
Old 08-12-2010, 02:57 PM   #9 
vaygirl

Neelie, I think yours looks cute on you but I know what you mean about wanting it longer. Don't give up this time. Even if you have to go through a ponytail phase. :P

Here's mine:

I let someone cut it to my shoulders maybe 7 months ago. Never again. I'm just letting it grow out. Mine is naturally curly so I don't use shampoo at all, only conditioner. Otherwise it's a dry mess. I shall never cut again! I think.... Hehe
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:26 PM   #10 
Neelie

^^^ O M G is that your natural color? it suits you so well its unreal! wow! defo dont cut it again though.

i used to tie my long hair in a loose ponytail at night to prevent breakage. worked well. i usually wore them like that unless going out. either loose ponytail or open. i think tight ponytails do damage :(

thanks btw for ye'r support ppl! i feel silly sometimes for making such a fuss about something like my hair but yeah, ill admit that it bothers me more than stress in my relationship which scares me lol...