Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-13-2010, 07:11 AM   #21 
vaygirl

Oiy, I know the pain of curly hair. I'm done with the straightening. I bought the Curly Girl book and now I just live with it. I'm too old to spend an hour straightening it! :P

Everyone has pretty hair and you're all so pretty! What an attractive forum! :P

Mine's a box color. I know, hairdressers shudder! It's um....I forget the brand. If anyone watched Lost, Charlotte's on the box. I think it's Revlon something or other, strawberry blonde. I'm trying to head in that direction. My hair is starting to thin up top (thanks Mom!) so I'm trying to get it lighter so you can't see my scalp as well. Here's my natural color (I'm on far right) and my hair when I straightened it. Ugh! You can see the red in it.
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 09:31 AM   #22 
ThePearlFish

i adore red hair, i think it is definitely the best color. in the sun you can see red tints to my hair so i dyed it the same burgundy-ish/burnt color once and then let it take its time and grow out. i didn't bleach my hair or anything before so in dimmer light it still looked black but in brighter light you could see the red.
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:01 AM   #23 
vaygirl

That's exactly how my natural color was. Inside it was black as pitch, in the sun it looked reddish.

I adore it too. I'll never go back. I took maybe 6 years off from dying to let it grow out. No more! Red forever. :D
Old 08-14-2010, 10:59 AM   #24 
Neelie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaygirl View Post
No more! Red forever. :D
now THATS a clear statement!

i wanna take this opportunity now to thank everyone for posting! ye're all very very pretty and i cant wait to have lovely long hair like ye do! thank you so much everyone for ye're motivation and support!!!

i went to the hairdresser today to get my hair shaped up again after they grew out. the lady there said i need to trim them every 6-8 weeks, itll prevent split ends and make them grow a lil faster.
im taking vitamins atm, using conditioner and shampoo with no perfume etc, doing head massages AND of course a healthy balanced diet i really hope its helping my hair grow faster!

pics as promised attached
Attached Images

Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:24 PM   #25 
Jessiefish

Quote:
Mine's a box color. I know, hairdressers shudder! It's um....I forget the brand. If anyone watched Lost, Charlotte's on the box. I think it's Revlon something or other, strawberry blonde.
Revlon ColorSilk?

That's the brand I've started using and I love it; I especially love that it goes on sale here for as low as $2 a box. I picked up a bunch of shades last time it was on sale -- I am going to dye my hair tonight, actually; I just need to pick what color.
Jessiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:14 PM   #26 
vaygirl

That's the one! :) Another good one is Red Penny by Excellence. It's not as bright red, more of a copper color. I switch between the two.

Neelie, your hair was so pretty! It's cute now too though! I hope it grows back as fast as you need it to. :)
Old 08-14-2010, 02:21 PM   #27 
Neelie

Quote:
That's the one! :) Another good one is Red Penny by Excellence. It's not as bright red, more of a copper color. I switch between the two.

Neelie, your hair was so pretty! It's cute now too though! I hope it grows back as fast as you need it to. :)
aw all the colours we have here are really expensive... some are good too but they're all around the $10 mark...

thanks vaygirl you can see anyways why my bf liked my long hair WAY better... even now when i look at the pics i look so happy with my long hair.... sp strange i felt like cutting it all off so randomly....
Neelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:33 PM   #28 
wallywestisthebest333

I think you look great with short and long hair! =] You do look much happier with long though and people look best when they're happy . =]

Wow! I gotta try the box stuff then! fortunately with my mom around now and three future roommates I can always bug someone to do the back !=] Colorsilk sounds great! =] I think I'll try that for my first box dye! =]

Thanks for all the info! =]

Again I day, everyone on this forum is so pretty! :D
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 03:37 PM   #29 
1fish2fish

I've been thinking about dying my hair for a while. I love my natural color, its sort of a milk chocolate color with reddish streaks and very shiny.. but I've wanted to try out going darker.

One year in highschool the class pictures turned out really weird and my hair looked black in the picture and I really liked it. I'll have to have my Mom scan the picture and send it to me so I can show y'all.

I'm just scared I won't like it and I'll have to dye it back to my natural color.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:21 PM   #30 
Jessiefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
I've been thinking about dying my hair for a while. I love my natural color, its sort of a milk chocolate color with reddish streaks and very shiny.. but I've wanted to try out going darker.

One year in highschool the class pictures turned out really weird and my hair looked black in the picture and I really liked it. I'll have to have my Mom scan the picture and send it to me so I can show y'all.

I'm just scared I won't like it and I'll have to dye it back to my natural color.
Going darker actually isn't as damaging to your hair as going lighter. You wouldn't have to dye your hair back so much as strip the color out; they sell a product called ColorOops that I used to strip out a semi-permanent disaster and I was back to normal in about a half an hour. (It's sold at Rite Aid, Walgreens, etc.)

For going black, I'd suggest a semi or demi-permanent, ammonia-free color that will be easier to strip out if you hate it. Clairol Natural Instincts, for example. Or go to the salon. Semi-permanent hair color coats the hair shaft and isn't supposed to alter the underlying color.

I used a shade of Natural Instincts that turned my hair orange (my fault -- I picked a shade that was wrong for my hair) and it stripped out with no problem. It was a SMIDGE lighter, but not that noticeable; I didn't even have a grow-out line.

I had a horrid experience with L'Oreal Healthy Look, however. It turned my hair into an uneven mess and when I stripped it out my natural hair color had been lightened to a nasty brassy blonde. I got that mistake fixed at a salon... which wasn't even that great. I put ColorSilk over it and it came out better and more even than the $50 semi-permanent salon color.

The nice thing about ColorSilk is that, besides being cheap, it's ammonia-free and -- despite being labeled a permanent hair color -- fades. Right now it's been about a month since I colored my hair and I can hardly see my root line. My natural color is kind of peeking through underneath the color. I've no experience with the really dark shades, though. I'd suggest Googling for reviews; with all the blogs around these days, it's not hard to find some "real-world" experiences.
Jessiefish is offline   Reply With Quote